Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:28 pm
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day!
The sun is up, the sky is blue...
It's beautiful and so are you!
Dear Prudence, open up your eyes.
Dear Prudence, see the sunny skies.
Look around, round and round-

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

gryffindor purebloodcaptain & keeper sixth year

Pru figured now was as good a time as any to call a timeout. They could probably all use a water break, at the very least, and she wanted to mix up the teams, get some people into different positions. Additionally, she wanted Joel to be able to observe with her for the second half, seeing as it wasn't like he had to tryout, and she took his input very seriously when it came to figuring out the team for the year. He wasn't her vice captain for nothing. "Alright, time out!" she yelled to the group, making the motion with her hands as well, and flying closer to the action. "We're going to have a water and potions break, and then switch things up a bit. Help me at least get the bludgers put away so we're not at risk for concussions while we're down there, okay?" Once on the ground, she handed out healing potions to anyone who needed them, and watched carefully, and somewhat protectively, to make sure they were all actually drinking their water and not trying to tough it out like morons. She scribbled down some notes haphazardly in the meantime, giving them all about ten minutes to cool down, before clearing her throat. "Alright. These are the new practice team lineups, so listen, because you might not be on the same team or in the same position you were last time. Red Team will have Kimberly keeping, Fianna seeking, Johnny and Annie chasing, and Brandon and Jazzy beating. Gold Team will have Jameson keeping, Ivy seeking, Jake and Gid chasing, and Aster and Sebastian beating. Joel, you're gonna sit out with me and observe." When she was confident everyone had understood her, she got them started again, releasing the bludgers and snitch, and tossing up the quaffle.

OOC:
EmrysStorm

Diamond Wales

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Cara MiaKitty

The Shiny Furret

Graydon Ironshield

Deviled Dregs

Miss GryffindorK

The wind is low, the birds will sing...
That you are part of everything!
Dear Prudence, let me see you smile.
Dear Prudence, like a little child.
The clouds will be a daisy chain,
So let me see you smile again.

Cinnabun Gryffie rolled 10 10-sided dice: 4, 6, 5, 6, 10, 1, 8, 9, 6, 9 Total: 64 (10-100)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:33 pm
User ImageUser Image
Ƭнιя∂ Ƴєαя Ɠяуƒƒιη∂σя Ƈнαѕєя

Gid was more than happy to take a break. He flew close to the ground, not bothering to unhook his braces from his broom, He'd just hover. He drank water, then dripped some through his hair. Chasing was hard work, after all! He looked over at Pru as she announced the new teams. Oh no. This time, Jazzy wasn't on his team. The brunette looked over at his friend, eyes wide. She wouldn't break him.... would she?

After Pru finished, Gid flew up, ready for the tossup. As soon as the quaffle was airborne, he dove for it, hoping to start this game in his favor.

Position: Gold Team Chaser
AC: 14
Modifiers: +4 {Stealing} +4 {Shooting}
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
Total Roll __ {_______}
To The Goals: x/3
Lives: [✬] [✬] [✬]

{OoC}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
EmrysStorm rolled 10 10-sided dice: 6, 4, 2, 10, 5, 2, 6, 7, 4, 7 Total: 53 (10-100)

EmrysStorm

Mind-boggling Celebrator

1,600 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:29 pm
Maybe it's the way she walked (Wow)
Straight into my heart and stole it
Through the doors and past the guards (Wow),
Just like she already owned it

XXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image

Gryffindor Third Year Halfblood Single

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

Annie tried and failed to grab at the quaffle and flew behind her teammates as they grappled to hold on as well as offer back up to when they got close to the goals. She was so focused on that she completely missed the bludger being aimed her way until he smacked her in the back completely knocking the air from her lungs. Well the little air she had inflated back in them after her marathon run from the castle. Thankfully though the captain called them all down for water breaks and to pass out potions. She declined the potion though did chug a bunch of water until she felt like she was bloated with the stuff. Then she split them back up into teams and she grinned at the younger boy she was paired with before jumping back onto her broom to beat out her friend Gid to the quaffle.
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

Red Team Chaser
Modifiers: +3 Stealing +3 Shooting
Lives: [ emotion_bigheart ] [ emotion_bigheart ] [ emotion_bigheart ]
Total: ~
To goal: ~/3

Quote:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Wearing
Where ~ Quidditch pitch
With ~ Team
What ~Trying out...I hope

And we danced all night to the best song ever
We knew every line, now I can't remember
How it goes but I know that I won't forget her
'Cause we danced all night to the best song ever

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:37 pm
]
User ImageUser Image

Gid focused as he reached for the quaffle, managing to successfully swipe it from Annie's grasp. Aha! He tucked the quaffle under his arm, flying straight toward the goals. He had a new Keeper, this one a younger girl. She was on a school broom, and hadn't been their last year, so he guessed her to be a first year..... well... maybe a second year. Either way, he was gonna send the quaffle past her.... once he got to the goals, of course.

Modifiers: +4 {Stealing} +4 {Shooting}
Total Roll __ {_______}
To The Goals: 1/3
Lives: [✬] [✬] [✬]

{OoC}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
Diamond Wales rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:10 am
User Image
                                                  ‘Cause I’m on top of the world, ‘ay
                                                  I’m on top of the world, ‘ay
                                                  Waiting on this for a while now
                                                  Paying my dues to the dirt

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ || Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ || Mᴜɢɢʟᴇʙᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Brandon landed, disappointed with himself at his inability to get into the fray. However, considering that he was now playing a different position, he guessed that he could definitely try hard in that spot. Which, judging from the other people that he'd been paired with on the team, meant that he was definitely going to work hard. When the quaffle was tossed up, he immediately went looking for a bludger, trying to see if he could smack it toward Gid. He didn't want to hurt the guy, he just knew it was part of the game.

Position: Red Team Beater - Kimberly, Fianna, Johnny, Annie, Jazzy
                                                  AC: 12
                                                  Modifiers: Hitting Bludgers +2
                                                  Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
                                                  Lives: ☯ ☯ ☯
                                                  Final Roll: 21 (Hit!)

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well I'm here...
                                                  OOC: *blinkblinks*

Frilly

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I’ve been waiting to smile, ‘ay
                                                  Been holding it in for a while, ‘ay
                                                  Take you with me if I can
                                                  Been dreaming of this since a child
                                                  I’m on top of the world

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:05 am
User ImageUser Image

Gid was so focused on getting to the goals, so determined to prevent steals.... that he didn't see a bludger fly in. He didn't notice it until he was slammed hard in the leg. That wouldn't have been as bad as other spots, but he heard the sturdy plastic of his braces crack and shatter under the impact. Joy. He wasn't hurting terribly badly, but that was going to make walking a pain until he could fix it. Brown eyes glanced around, spotting the brown haired boy on the opposite team. At least it wasn't Jazzy... Gid kept going, gritting his teeth and holding tighter to the quaffle. Now he was on high alert for possible bludgers.

Modifiers: +4 {Stealing} +4{Shooting} {-1 for Injuries}
Total Roll __ {_______}
To The Goals: 2/3
Lives: [✬] [✬] [ ]

{OoC}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:41 am
When the feeble of the spine crumble underneath the grind...
When the blessings of the meek lead to lessons of the blind...
When Heaven shows its teeth and the planets are aligned...
You don't want to have an escalation of the maimed sort.
And you don't want to feel the flame that burns pride.
Now you know the reason why those sleeping dogs lie.
And underneath most money and most power is the tip-
Of something very dangerous strengthening its grip.

User Image
A S T E R I A
C E C I L Y
F R E Y

fourth yeargryffindormuggleborn

Aster, now healed up, was determined to play better during the second half of practice. She wasn't close enough to try to block the bludger headed towards Gid, but she could return the favor. She tried her best to knock one Brandon's way.

OOC:
Position: Gold Team Beater
AC: 18
Mods: +6 Bludger Hits
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
Lives: (X) (X) (X)

Username

And I don't have to tell you that you're turning pale with albinism.
I am no one's keeper, but I keep my own morals.
And isn't everything we do just a matter of decision?
So if life is just a prison, then I'm breaking out this minute.
Cowards will always step aside as the criminal mind takes hold.
They'll tell you; "Welcome to the jungle, where deception is the code."
But brother will fight brother as their avarice corrodes.
Let the flies swarm, let the noble die strong.

Graydon Ironshield rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:20 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor First Year Eleven Years OldSinglePosition

Fianna was almost ready to make her grab for the Snitch when Pru called a halt to the scrimmage, and she floated down to the surface of the pitch to be with everyone else after the balls were collected. While she passed on the potions, Fianna definitely grabbed a bottle of water, and sipped quietly while Pru switched up the teams. Now Fianna was on the Red Team, and would be seeking the Snitch against Ivy, whom was now on the Gold Squad. She wasn't sure why this was being done, but Fianna didn't care, she had the chance to fly some more, and maybe give the Captain and Vice Captain reason to put her on the team.

When all was ready, Fianna touched off from the ground, and flew up to where she figured was a good altitude to start her search anew.

Username: Graydon Ironshield
Character's Name: Fianna Grey
House: Gryffindor
Year: First
Advanced Flying I: No
Advanced Flying II: No
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: None
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Sharp Eyes
First Choice Position: Seeker
Second Choice Position: Wherever the team needs help

OOC:
Red Team Seeker
AC:12
Modifiers: +2 to Catch and Spot the Snitch
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Sharp Eyes
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Action: Seeking the Snitch (6.20 pm)
Effect Value: 10
Results: The search has begun
User Image
Username

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:40 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                    ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍

After a while, Kim and the other players were called down to take a break before starting a new game, with new teams. Her position hadn't changed, which was fine with her. Hopefully she would get the chance to actually try to block a ball this time. If she didn't show off what she could do, how would she make first reserve Keeper? Downing some water, Kimberly's eyes glowed with determination as she hopped back on her broom and took her place at the goal posts. She would have to wait to see what would happen.

Red Team Keeper
                                                    Deft Dodger | Hold the Line | Great Catch
                                                    AC: 12 | Mods: +4
                                                    Final Roll: -- (--)

| |

╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍
                                                    𝒮𝐸𝒞𝒪𝒩𝒟 𝒴𝐸𝒜𝑅 𝒢𝑅𝒴𝐹𝐹𝐼𝒩𝒟𝒪𝑅 x

They said change your clothes, she said no I won't.
                                                    They said comb your hair, she said some kids don't.
                                                    And her parents dreams went up in smoke.
                                                    She's a wild one with an angel's face.
                                                    She's a woman-child in a state of grace.
                                                    When she was 3 years old on her daddy's knee,
                                                    He said you can be anything you want to be.
                                                    She's a wild one runnin' free.

╍ ╍ ╍ ╍

{ooc: Red Team is Kim, Fianna, Johnny, Annie, Brandon, Jazzy : Gold Team is Jameson, Ivy, Jake, Gid, Aster, Sebastian}

Graydon Ironshield rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:43 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey

Fianna started searching, and she hoped for a bit of luck as she scoured the pitch with her eyes.

OOC:
Red Team Seeker
Action: Seeking the Snitch (2.43 am)
Effect Value: 22
Results: Wow, there it is!
User Image
Username

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Cinnabun Gryffie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:08 am
User ImageUser Image

Without contest or any more bludgers, Gid flew close enough to the goals that he'd be able to shoot. He focused, adjusted the quaffle, then threw it hard toward the left hoop. He was sure it would go in.... but certainty didn't always work in Quidditch.

Total Roll 23 {_______}
To The Goals: 3/3

{OoC}
The Shiny Furret

The Shiny Furret rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:34 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                    ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍

Kim nervously watched Gideon approach her goals. He shot the ball at her, hard. This was it! She dove towards it, praying for a miracle.

Red Team Keeper
                                                    Final Roll: 14 (miss)

| |

╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍
                                                    𝒮𝐸𝒞𝒪𝒩𝒟 𝒴𝐸𝒜𝑅 𝒢𝑅𝒴𝐹𝐹𝐼𝒩𝒟𝒪𝑅 x

╍ ╍ ╍ ╍

{ooc: Red Team is Kim, Fianna, Johnny, Annie, Brandon, Jazzy : Gold Team is Jameson, Ivy, Jake, Gid, Aster, Sebastian}

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:39 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                    ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍

Kim frowned. She had missed, the ball flying through the hoop to give the gold team a point. Grabbing the ball, she tossed it to the closest Chaser on her team, Annie.

Red Team Keeper
                                                    Final Roll: 14 (miss)

| |

╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍
                                                    𝒮𝐸𝒞𝒪𝒩𝒟 𝒴𝐸𝒜𝑅 𝒢𝑅𝒴𝐹𝐹𝐼𝒩𝒟𝒪𝑅 x

╍ ╍ ╍ ╍

EmrysStorm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:12 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey

Fianna's eyes lit up when she caught sight of the tiny golden ball flitting about, and she urged her school-issue broomstick into forward flight. She tried to spare a glance toward the older Seeker, but couldn't tell what, if anything at all, she was doing, not when she needed to focus her attention on flying and chasing after the Snitch. Fianna just had to hope Ivy didn't just swoop in and tag the Snitch before she even got the chance to contest for it.

OOC:
Red Team Seeker
Action: Pursuing the Snitch (1/3) (4.11 pm)
Effect Value: 22
Results: Wow, there it is!
User Image
Username

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Cinnabun Gryffie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:36 pm
User ImageUser Image

Gid watched with a small grin as the quaffle soared through the goals. The Keeper looked a bit bummed, so he called out "You did good! Keep up the good work!" He didn't want her to be sad, particularly at his fault. When she tossed toward Annie, he flew toward them, hoping to intercept their pass. Maybe, just maybe, his good luck would hold out.

Total Roll 19 {Steal!}
To The Goals: x/3

{OoC}

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games