Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Slytherin Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:19 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

fifth year || Slytherin prefect || pureblood
Quidditch keeper and vice captain || Cooking club critic || Herbology club lollygager

Dunce seemed like she was doing a good job accepting forms, so Wren kept going with the quaffle until he saw Chadwick arriving. He hadn't talked to the boy outside of practice, for better or for worse, since offering him condolences for Deepak's death....nearly a year ago. He caught something probably sarcastic from the younger boy, but Wren was in a good mood today so charitably didn't respond. "Knapp," he called. "I heard you talked Sparrow into not taking five clubs and every elective. That was good of you. "

Wren didn't need to mention he had also tried reasoning with Sparrow. His mum was no help, thinking Sparrow should do everything if she wanted to. Aria had attempted to divide up all the electives between them, which Sparrow interpreted as "take everything with her". But finally it had been Chadwick Knapp who probably frowned and convinced Sparrow to only take only 10. And Advanced Flying. Well, and it was thanks to Chadwick Knapp that Sparrow wasn't trying to bloat the Gryffindor reserve bench and only doing the two clubs she seemed likely to actually stay in.

He greeted Shawna with a much easier expression. "Nah, you're fine. I saw you dealing with those girls in the morning and figured it was going to be one of those super-fun days where every goes perfectly." He glanced around. "Yeah, we got some fresh meat. Hopefully more soon."

setting Quidditch Pitch || with Slytherin team
appearance 5'6", 150 lbs || wearing sweater
status practicing

Position: keeper
Total roll: ## = ??

Stats:
AC: 17
Modifiers: +9 to blocking the quaffle, +5 to others
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Hold the Line, Great Catch
Lives: <3 <3 <3

murruelecreuset

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Trickblues

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I have no heart, just ice and stone
Made up of nails and teeth and bone
And I know exactly what I'm for
To hurt and destroy and nothing more
But something has stirred
And if it's true that I was made
I still don't know if I can change

✧✦
~"Battle Cry" by Beth Crowley. Nightcore cover.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:56 pm
User Image
                                                  From time to time I'd try to tell just what was on my mind.
                                                  You'd tell me not today.
                                                  Come back, do that.
                                                  Where's Cinderella at...
                                                  Was all you had to say

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ || Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Eva had always gotten mixed messages from her parents regarding quidditch. Her father had called it a waste of time, while her mother had argued it instilled a sense of discipline (if the captain wasn't playing favourites). Eva didn't know about the part about favourites, but she knew that she could do well enough in the sport. She just wasn't sure which position. She guessed she could go for seeker like her mum had gone after, but there was also chaser she could do too. Frowning as she picked up a form, she decided that she could try one out, and if it didn't fit, go for the other spot.

Username: Diamond Wales
                                                  Character's Name: Evangeline Avery
                                                  House: Slytherin
                                                  Year: Second
                                                  Advanced Flying I: Enrolled
                                                  Advanced Flying II: No
                                                  Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
                                                  Any Special Skill: Swift Swipe, Good Arm, Natural Flyer
                                                  First Choice Position: Chaser
                                                  Second Choice Position: Seeker

AC: 12
                                                  Modifiers: +2 to stealing and scoring
                                                  Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
                                                  {Life 1}{Life 2}{Life 3}
                                                  Final Roll: --
                                                  -/3

════════════════════════

Thinking: I can make this work.
                                                  OOC:

-◎-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Here I am, so try to forgive me
                                                  I don't believe in fairy tales
                                                  Here we are with nothing but honesty
                                                  I've had..enough...I'm not gonna stay

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:20 pm
User Image
                                                  This night ain't for the faint of heart
                                                  For the faint of heart, for the faint of heart
                                                  'Cause the faint of heart gonna fall apart

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Slγτhεrιη || Τhιrδ Ψεαr || Chαsεr

════════════════════════

Isolde was completely ready for quidditch this year. She didn't have to worry about her brother for much longer considering that he hadn't won the cup, and this was his last year. She had plenty of years left in her to win the quidditch cup, so she could definitely show him up in that department. Grabbing a form, she filled it out quickly and started her stretches.

Character's Name: Isolde Nalson-Lillantine
                                                  Year: Third
                                                  Advanced Flying I: Yes
                                                  Advanced Flying II: Enrolled
                                                  Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
                                                  Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
                                                  First Choice Position: Chaser
                                                  Second Choice Position: I'm good here.

AC: 14
                                                  Modifiers: +4 to all
                                                  Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
                                                  [x] [x] [x]
                                                  -/3

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, I'm here and ready to take on tryouts!
                                                  OOC:

-◎-

For the faint of heart, for the faint of heart
                                                  'Cause when the train wreck comes gonna leave them out

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:50 pm
User Image
                                                  Listen up, there's not a moment to spare
                                                  It's quite a drop from the top. So how you feeling down there?
                                                  It’s a cold, cruel, harsh reality
                                                  Got stuck here with your enemies

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

𝑆𝑙𝑦𝑡𝘩𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑛 || 𝑆𝑖𝑥𝑡𝘩 𝑌𝑒𝑎𝑟 || 𝐵𝑒𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟

════════════════════════

Talbot actually wasn't too annoyed this year. Sure, it was weird that his best friend was a vampire, and now, his... ancestor(?) had taken custody of him. Granted, Talbot wasn't ungrateful in the least, but it was odd that it happened. Still, that left him in a good enough mood about the whole thing that he came to tryouts without some of the worries from previous years. Now, if he could help Slytherin win the cup, that'd make his year.

Character's Name: Talbot Clifton
                                                  Year: Sixth
                                                  Advanced Flying I: Yes
                                                  Advanced Flying II: Yes
                                                  Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 4
                                                  Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer, Mean Swing
                                                  First Choice Position: Beater
                                                  Second Choice Position: Beater

AC: 19
                                                  Modifiers: Bludgers +7
                                                  Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer, Mean Swing
                                                  Lives: ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, tryouts can't go too badly.
                                                  OOC:

-◎-

You started something that you just couldn't stop
                                                  You turned the ones that you love into the angriest mob
                                                  And their one last wish is that you pay for it
                                                  And there's no way you're getting out of this

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:00 pm
User Image User Image
Shawna Brynn Llywarch
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Slytherin Sixth Year Prefect Quidditch Captain
Halfblood Future Business Owner Seeker

Location : Quidditch Pitch - Slytherin Tryouts

Shawna was glad that Wren managed to cover for her. He was definitely right on it being a "super fun day where everything goes right". She just hoped Quidditch would go alright today. Fingers crossed.

Once seeing Isolde and Talbot roll in Shawna was ready to get going. "Alright everyone listen up!" She called out for everyone's attention. "For those who don't know, I'm Shawna Llywarch your captain and this is Wren Winchester your vice captain." She introduced quickly. "Now, we're going to do a small scrummage today. Wren will be our only Keeper today, as for the rest of us the teams will be as followed; Green team will be Takuto and Evangeline as Chasers, Chadwick as Beater, Archie as Seeker. Silver team will be Vivyan and Isolde as Chasers, Talbot as Beater, and myself as Seeker." She announced.

"Now I'd like three laps in the air and then we'll get started."

Shawna couldn't wait to be done those laps, why did she make everyone do it she wondered. Releasing the balls, the sixth year Slytherin was totally ready to get into these tryouts.

Status : Time to get this started
                                                  Company : The team...

OOC :
                                                  19+ = spot, (0/3 chasing) 22+ = catch, (0/2 attempts) Total Roll: --
                                                  AC: 18
                                                  Modifiers: +8 AC, +8 Spotting, +8 Catching
                                                  Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch
                                                  Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

Green Team : Takuto & Evangeline - Chasers, Chadwick - Beater, Archie - Seeker
                                                  Silver Team : Vivyan & Isolde - Chasers, Talbot - Beater, Shawna - Seeker

Diamond Wales
                                                  addaellis
                                                  Yukina101
                                                  Stefan Lee Salvatore
                                                  Kungfudemoness

Ambition, eh? Simple enough
                                                  I see you're not the sort to let anything get in your way
                                                  You'll be right at home in
                                                  Slytherin!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:19 am

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

Quidditch keeper and vice captain || Cooking club critic || Herbology club lollygager

Wren lurked by as Shawna called the group to attention. Alright, not quite orator of the year like Andi had been, but they were efficiently up in the air. He did his laps, then took his place by the posts. Most of the faces were familiar, but he kept a particular eye out for the new kids-- Wingrove and Avery.

Huh. That was vaguely familiar. Maybe a friend of his family. Wren could've sworn he'd heard some shady gossip about the Avery family, but he'd been more focused on school and Hogwarts gossip the last few years. Oh well, he was here to evaluate their quidditch skills, not their parents.

status observing new teammates.

Stats:

QUOTING

✧✦

addaellis

CatWaffle rolled 10 10-sided dice: 2, 9, 3, 8, 2, 5, 2, 3, 4, 6 Total: 44 (10-100)

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:02 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And tonight I'm feeling like an astronaut
    Sending SOS from this tiny box
    And I lost all signal when I lifted up
    Now I'm stuck out here and the world forgot

Taco was eager to get underway the 3 laps were an excellent warm up and once the game statered he went for the toss-up

Position: green chaser
              Modifiers: [+8] steal and score
              Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
              Lives: [♥] [♥] [♥]

So tonight I'm calling all astronauts
              All the lonely people that the world forgot
              If you hear my voice, come pick me up
              Are you out there?

CatWaffle rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:05 am
User Image

I guess I'm learning, I must be warmer now
                                                            I'll soon be turning, round the corner now
                                                            Outside the dawn is breaking
                                                            But inside in the dark I'm aching to be free

Archie was excited to play. The laps were good cause the more he flew the better he would be. He didnt expect to make first string but he sure was going to do his best. He began his snitch search

Position: green seeker
                                                                                        AC: 10
                                                                                        Modifiers: +2 steal, spot, catch
                                                                                        Special Skills: Good Arm, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch
                                                                                        Total Roll: 19 SPOTTED!

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies
                                                                                        Fairy tales of yesterday, grow but never die
                                                                                        I can fly, my friends

null

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
Stefan Lee Salvatore rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:56 pm
User Image

✌ Chadwick ✌ Knapp ✌
Third Year Slytherin

▬▬"Being the best is great, you're the number one."▬▬

Chadwick was thrilled when they were assigned into teams, it was always a great time to be able to aim bludgers at people. He did his warm up laps, then took aim to hit the opposing team, or not.. He aimed at Wren and yelled, "Look alive Winchester!" Sure, he probably should have aimed at the silver team, but in the real game the keepers were going to be aimed at too, probably? Might as well keep Wren on his toes.

▬▬"Being unique is greater, you're the only one." ▬▬

Position: Green team beater
AC: 16
Modifiers: +3 Hitting
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Natural Flyer, and Deft Dodger
Lives: ✌✌✌
Roll: 15+3 (hitting) = 18 (Hit Unless Blocked)
Trying to: Hit Wren

addaellis

_____

Diamond Wales rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:04 pm
User Image
                                                  Listen up, there's not a moment to spare
                                                  It's quite a drop from the top. So how you feeling down there?
                                                  It’s a cold, cruel, harsh reality
                                                  Got stuck here with your enemies

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

𝑆𝑙𝑦𝑡𝘩𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑛 || 𝑆𝑖𝑥𝑡𝘩 𝑌𝑒𝑎𝑟 || 𝐵𝑒𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟

════════════════════════

Talbot lsitened to Shawna as she divvied up the teams. Shooting intot he air, he decided to wait and watch the rest of the players. However, when Chadwick decided to aim at Wren, Talbot sighed and went to redirect it back to the other beater.

Silver Team Beater
                                                  AC: 19
                                                  Modifiers: Bludgers +7
                                                  Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer, Mean Swing
                                                  Lives: ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
                                                  Final Roll: 24 (Hit!)

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, tryouts can't go too badly.
                                                  OOC:

-◎-

You started something that you just couldn't stop
                                                  You turned the ones that you love into the angriest mob
                                                  And their one last wish is that you pay for it
                                                  And there's no way you're getting out of this

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:11 pm
User Image

✌ Chadwick ✌ Knapp ✌
Third Year Slytherin

▬▬"Being the best is great, you're the number one."▬▬

Chadwick grinned as he hit successfully toward Wren, the shot was going so well. And then Talbott blocked and aimed it back at Chadwick. He tried to get out of the way, but nope. The bludger hit him and he rolled ab it, he shook it off, ouch that hurt. Oh well, at least this way Wren wasn't going to kill Chadwick for hitting Wren. Chadwick went back to looking for a nice bludger to aim at another person.

▬▬"Being unique is greater, you're the only one." ▬▬

Position: Green team beater
AC: 16
Modifiers: +3 Hitting
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Natural Flyer, and Deft Dodger
Lives: ✌✌ emotion_nope
Roll: N/A
Trying to: Find Another Bludger (wait for the chasers to move)

Quote:

_____

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:16 pm
User Image

Archie lit up when he spoted his gold target. He began his pursuit of the little gold bugger

1 of 3 chase
                                                                                        0 of 2 catch

I can fly, my friends

null

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:27 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

Wingrove seemed to spot the snitch immediately, Wren noticed. Probably just lucky, but there was still some hope. Give Archie a few years under Shawna and he just might make a great seeker.

He was looking to see who had won the toss up when he heard a voice call out for him to look alive--he glanced up, ready to dodge when he realized it was Knapp who had intentionally knocked the bludger towards him.
Wren glared something murderous at Chadwick. He took back his partial-apology from earlier. He was going to punish Chadwick later. Make him run a few laps around the pitch or something. His hesitation had put him too slow to dodge though, and he raised an arm to block, knowing he couldn't get out of the way in time.

Out of nowhere, Talbot swopped in and redirected the bludger, easy as batting a fly away. Wren nodded his thanks at Talbot with a small grin and "Nice hit," once it hit Chadwick in return. For now, he was back to figuring out where the other firsties were up to.

status observing new teammates.

Stats:

QUOTING

✧✦

murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:35 pm
User Image User Image
Shawna Brynn Llywarch
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Slytherin Sixth Year Prefect Quidditch Captain
Halfblood Future Business Owner Seeker

Location : Quidditch Pitch - Slytherin Tryouts

Shawna knew that Wren had the best spot to watch the chasers and beaters do their thing. She hung back a bit to watch how the seeker first year could make out. She was scanning for the snitch when she saw Chadwick get nailed by a bludger that was totally intended for Wren. Nothing the team couldn't handle. She smiled as she noticed a rather eager young kid in the air. Archie must have spotted the snitch. Not bad for a first year.

Status : Time to get this started
                                                  Company : The team...

OOC :
                                                  19+ = spot, (0/3 chasing) 22+ = catch, (0/2 attempts) Total Roll: 18 (so close)
                                                  Modifiers: +8 AC, +8 Spotting, +8 Catching
                                                  Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch
                                                  Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

Green Team : Takuto & Evangeline - Chasers, Chadwick - Beater, Archie - Seeker
                                                  Silver Team : Vivyan & Isolde - Chasers, Talbot - Beater, Shawna - Seeker

Diamond Wales
                                                  addaellis
                                                  Yukina101
                                                  Stefan Lee Salvatore
                                                  Kungfudemoness

Ambition, eh? Simple enough
                                                  I see you're not the sort to let anything get in your way
                                                  You'll be right at home in
                                                  Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:52 am
User Image

Archie continued his pursuit

2 of 3 chase
                                                                                        0 of 2 catch

I can fly, my friends

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games