Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
-insert name here-'s Place and Everywhere Else ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Harvest Moon Child

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:36 pm
He pulls his hand back, sighing. Harvest Moon Child, ma'am. Harv.
I am looking at your case, or trying to. Seems the prosecutor's office isn't so keen on turning over any of their records.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:45 pm
dame furrows her brow, "I don't understand...why not?"  

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

Harvest Moon Child

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:48 pm
Keep me on my toes, I guess. I really don't know why. Fortunately, my assistant is quite resourceful and has pulled some information. These charges stem from an occurrence here in Gaia? He sets his briefcase on the floor and pulls up a chair near Dame's bed.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:02 pm
As he sits down, he realizes his client has fallen asleep. Damit! He mutters softly, then he pulls out his card and tucks it in the nightstand, lightly lifting the chair and moving it back before picking up his briefcase.  

Harvest Moon Child

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:05 pm
(( stressed I'm not asleep! I had to go talk to the roomie for a second. I'm ready to continue unless you need to get to bed...))  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:09 pm
((Lol, Gaia showed you offline so I figured you'd had to head off, either that or you net went wonky.))

He starts to tiptoe out of the room, hoping his client will get in touch with him very soon.  

Harvest Moon Child

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:14 pm
Raises an eyebrow, "Mr. Harv...where are you going?" She stares at him a moment, "Um, yes, it was from something that happened in Gaia."

((lol, its okay. ^_^))

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:16 pm
He freezes in place, turns and looks at his client. You are awake. He turns around again and walks back. You looked like you were nodding off. I'd imagine they've got you on some medication.  

Harvest Moon Child

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:20 pm
"I think I overheard them talking about a sleep aid one of the times I was somewhat awake," she smiles sweetly at him.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:24 pm
He returns to the chair, sitting on the edge. Then I won't be long. We need you on top of your game. In Gaia, so jurisdiction is as I suspected. It looks like my assistant's efforts netted some good information. We'll need to have a serious discussion when you're released from the hospital, out of earshot. He retrieves the paperwork from his briefcase. I'll need your signatures on these, the background check and the release of records. I need to know what was on that background check that got you dismissed from your position.

Until I've reviewed the information, it is in your best interest to not answer any questions posed by law enforcement. The judge has some serious answering to do on that. He violated your rights when he insisted you had to speak to law enforcement. You do have the right to remain silent. I've filed a motion already on the matter of insisting you talk as part of your bail.  

Harvest Moon Child

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:32 pm
"Thank you, sir," she takes the papers and his pen, looks over the papers briefly then signs where he points out. "I'm afraid I don't know too much about some things. Especially what can and cannot be posted as stipulations of my bail..."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:37 pm
You do understand you can't be made to incriminate yourself, right? Forcing you to speak with law enforcement, knowing they'll try to get you to do just that, knowing I'll instruct you not to speak with them... He shakes his head. Setting that as a condition of bail was patently ridiculous. Judge should know any attorney is going to advise his client not to pull a disappearing act. He takes the papers she's signed. I'll get these things rolling. You get some rest, and I'll be in touch soon. And remember, no talking. I should have a ruling tomorrow morning on the bail conditions. He smiles. And we will be having a serious conversation, Ms. Damecharlie. I'll need you to be 100% honest with me.  

Harvest Moon Child

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:50 pm
"Well, I told the officers I wouldn't and couldn't speak with them until I had a lawyer present. They kept asking me questions for a few minutes more but I only responded, except for once, with the same phrase," dame settles back in her covers. "I'll do my best, Mr. Harv," she smiles sadly at him.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
They should have stopped asking questions immediately after you asked for an attorney. Period. He locks the papers in his briefcase. Nothing like a few corrupt cops to make the rest of them look bad. Or a cop out to make a name for himself taking shortcuts. His eyes narrow, remembering a few bad guys he'd gotten off the hook for exactly what Dame had mentioned. Guys he'd known were guilty as hell and were going to be back on the streets again due to the officer's gung-ho, make the bust attitude. One of the reasons he'd left the Public Defender's office. He'd gotten tired of setting the bad guys loose, and even more tired of the officer's not changing anything in the way they did business. We'll talk again, Ms Dame. You get some rest, now.  

Harvest Moon Child

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:58 pm
"Thank you, sir, good night," dame watches as he leaves and turns off the light beside the bed. she snuggles down into the hospital pillows and pulls the covers up. dame falls to sleep wishing for Flame. Her family doctor comes to see her only to find her sleep. He sighs and goes home for the night. Hoping to catch her in the morning.  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games