Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:07 am

Celeblin Galadeneryn
Wouldn't that somewhat count as naming your kid after a living relative due to his fatherly position in the pantheon? sweatdrop
Here's the thing. This is from an Asatru that refused to adopt a kitten named Loki, but he turned around and named his son Odin.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:16 am

TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o
Byaggha
TeaDidikai
The story that made me pretend to be a mongoose for three months. ninja
Glad I'm nt the only one. xd

it made me pretend that i had an invisible mongoose that followed me everywhere and slept in my backpack at school. shh, don't tell the teacher. ninja
You missed out on all the pouncing. 3nodding

aw, shucks. gonk

but i never worried about finding a snake in my bathtub. blaugh

whiporwill-o

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:19 am

whiporwill-o
TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o
Byaggha
TeaDidikai
The story that made me pretend to be a mongoose for three months. ninja
Glad I'm nt the only one. xd

it made me pretend that i had an invisible mongoose that followed me everywhere and slept in my backpack at school. shh, don't tell the teacher. ninja
You missed out on all the pouncing. 3nodding

aw, shucks. gonk

but i never worried about finding a snake in my bathtub. blaugh

Fair enough.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:26 am

Quote:
if you eat meat you are not pagan.

this was in a book i bought, but promply returned. i don't remember the title or author.

whiporwill-o

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:56 am

TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Wouldn't that somewhat count as naming your kid after a living relative due to his fatherly position in the pantheon? sweatdrop
Here's the thing. This is from an Asatru that refused to adopt a kitten named Loki, but he turned around and named his son Odin.

I'm guessing there's someone who's been missing out on his share of blots in his house.

There are days when I blame a lot of Asatru who seem to not "get it" (ie, the ones who use the "noble virtues" or apply the wheel of the year to the Norse Gods for no reason) on the fact that Loki's being ignored because he's bad or some s**t.

Then I realise it's probably just annoyance that all my interactions with Loki generally consist of a swift jab to the head and an reminder to not forget him.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:59 am

Celeblin Galadeneryn

I'm guessing there's someone who's been missing out on his share of blots in his house.
Not even allowed to say the name in his house.

He actually kicked a guy out for reading from the Poetic Edda and refusing to change the wording to omit Loki from the passage. rolleyes

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:00 am

Oddly enough, his life seems to consistently circle the bowl.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:08 am

TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn

He actually kicked a guy out for reading from the Poetic Edda and refusing to change the wording to omit Loki from the passage. rolleyes
...Wow.

That... that would actually insult me. That's some massive ignorance right there.

Also our Yule would have shocked the hell out of him. Since we were in amongst a lot of general Pagans, we started off with a general thanks to the richness of the year in our toasts, then a round went for Freyr and Njordr, then a round for Odin with the host Dave screaming ODIIIIIIINNN! as he raised the horn (all those years at Penzic War proved good for something whee ), then our friend Brand gave a lovely speech about human's capacity for knowledge which allows us to understand and appreciate the Gods, if only in perfunctory ways, and then the final pass went to Loki, with Dave screaming LOOOOKIIIIIIIII! at the head of the table as well. I think that guy would have run out screaming.

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:11 am

Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn

...Wow.

That... that would actually insult me. That's some massive ignorance right there.

Also our Yule would have shocked the hell out of him. Since we were in amongst a lot of general Pagans, we started off with a general thanks to the richness of the year in our toasts, then a round went for Freyr and Njordr, then a round for Odin with the host Dave screaming ODIIIIIIINNN! as he raised the horn (all those years at Penzic War proved good for something whee ), then our friend Brand gave a lovely speech about human's capacity for knowledge which allows us to understand and appreciate the Gods, if only in perfunctory ways, and then the final pass went to Loki, with Dave screaming LOOOOKIIIIIIIII! at the head of the table as well. I think that guy would have run out screaming.
He would have likely babbled on about how you're summing a deity to bring chaos into your life and how you'll be lucky if you don't get in a car accident on the way home.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:18 am

TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn

...Wow.

He would have likely babbled on about how you're summing a deity to bring chaos into your life and how you'll be lucky if you don't get in a car accident on the way home.
Wait, chaos is bad? Since when? What the hell is his take on the creation story then?

And we got home quite safe. Dave ended up getting a little sick, but that's because someone put blue cheese in a salad and didn't mention it to him.

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:24 am

Celeblin Galadeneryn
Wait, chaos is bad? Since when? What the hell is his take on the creation story then?
Don't ask me. I started to tune him out.

Quote:
And we got home quite safe. Dave ended up getting a little sick, but that's because someone put blue cheese in a salad and didn't mention it to him.
Ick. Not a fan of mold huh?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:27 am

TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Don't ask me. I started to tune him out.
I sympathise. It would be that or screaming at him until he stops, and then giving him the most harsh lecture on his ignorance of the very Gods he thinks he's serving I could manage.

Sometimes I just want to sneak up behind this people and go 'LOKI LOKI LOKI" but I don't want to be disrespectful to Loki. sweatdrop

Quote:
Quote:
Ick. Not a fan of mold huh?
He's allergic to it.

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:29 am

Celeblin Galadeneryn
I sympathise. It would be that or screaming at him until he stops, and then giving him the most harsh lecture on his ignorance of the very Gods he thinks he's serving I could manage.
If you both come to SummerStar, I'll introduce you. twisted

Though I doubt he'll be attending.

Quote:
He's allergic to it. sweatdrop
Poor thing.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:33 am

TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
If you both come to SummerStar, I'll introduce you. twisted
Well I managed not to yell at Dave when he started going on about the necessity of the blank rune >.> Very sweet guy, just likes to think he's the 'ye olde maester of Pagan Lore' and it wounds his pride whenever you take him down a notch.

Though he often deserves it, and recovers pretty gracefully after a few minutes.

Quote:
Quote:
He's allergic to it. sweatdrop
Poor thing.
I know eh? I love mould. Brie is awesome.

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:34 am

More tragic: There was a person there who recently gained an allergy to onions. And she loves them. gonk
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games