Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:36 pm
This Critical Thinking (aka Logic course) was a mistake.
My professor rambles endless different scenarios for these formal arguments in so much that I lose what he was originally explaining. And I fear I will forever hate the letters P and Q after this. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:31 pm
Sophist
Celeblin Galadeneryn
I just got ******** told to go test something with science.

With.

Science.

That thing was CPG no less.

*stupid question*

I think I might already know the answer but why is CPG out of the realm of being verified by other "scientific" means? (whatever that means)
That's not what stupid.

Generally when someone says "with science" they mean "with the scientific method used to prove material involved in hard sciences", so the stupidity is kind of two fold. First, CPG, as part of ontology isn't a hard science and shouldn't be treated as such and secondly, science doesn't mean what the person wanted to to mean. He did mean the scientific method, not just knowledge, which is what science is, since CPG IS testing religion with "science" because gnosis is near the same thing as "science"  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:54 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Sophist
Celeblin Galadeneryn
I just got ******** told to go test something with science.

With.

Science.

That thing was CPG no less.

*stupid question*

I think I might already know the answer but why is CPG out of the realm of being verified by other "scientific" means? (whatever that means)
That's not what stupid.

Generally when someone says "with science" they mean "with the scientific method used to prove material involved in hard sciences", so the stupidity is kind of two fold. First, CPG, as part of ontology isn't a hard science and shouldn't be treated as such and secondly, science doesn't mean what the person wanted to to mean. He did mean the scientific method, not just knowledge, which is what science is, since CPG IS testing religion with "science" because gnosis is near the same thing as "science"

I see, so it's a mixture of two different disciplines...that don't have overlap?

What about claims that religion in itself is irrational as opposed to a rational scientific outlook?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:08 pm
Cough please go away. My ear infection and wisdom teeth surgery pain has disappeared faster than you and I haven't been outside for days! gonk  

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:20 pm
Sophist
Recursive Paradox
Sophist
Recursive Paradox
My confidence can not survive such erosion.

It can and it will. I may not know you, but I do know you are far too smart to fall into that trap and not get yourself out again.

I may be smart but that doesn't do much for endurance when your self esteem and confidence are under constant attack from all directions.

I know what I'm saying might no be helpful, but this will pass.

It's been nonstop since the symptoms of ADD started manifesting visibly to other people. There has literally been no break except when I isolate myself or go places where it's less visible (like at a movie or something)

Quote:
There is stuff that really sucks, but there is also stuff that makes life so completely awesome. Sometimes I have shitty weeks but then I'm just grateful for anything that will make me smile in the middle of constant suckage. I hope you get one of those smile drop-ins soon.

I hope so too.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:40 pm
Headaches and a truly ******** up sleep cycle. Joy.  

Aino Ailill

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:11 pm
Recursive Paradox

It's been nonstop since the symptoms of ADD started manifesting visibly to other people. There has literally been no break except when I isolate myself or go places where it's less visible (like at a movie or something)

I wish I could say it gets better, but it's more you make others get used to it. I used to be able to go to parties...now I have to avoid them. The combination Introvert/ADHD does not go well.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:10 am
appearently all the basic science that contradicts or discredits the Nibiru are lies that "the guberment" have told scientists to teach since the dark ages because the ebil Xtians wanted to hide the fact that there exists a planet where other Gods live.

2012 please come quickly so the bad s**t insane stuff can leave.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:25 am
rmcdra
appearently all the basic science that contradicts or discredits the Nibiru are lies that "the guberment" have told scientists to teach since the dark ages because the ebil Xtians wanted to hide the fact that there exists a planet where other Gods live.

That won't help, they'll just find a new batshit conspiracy of doomsday to follow. Seriously. There's been, like, hundreds of them at this point, and every time one fails to manifest, there's someone who stands up and goes 'We made a mistake on the dates! The high overlord says it's really X date! FEAR THE END TIMES!'

It's a lovely revolving door. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:29 pm
Byaggha
rmcdra

That won't help, they'll just find a new batshit conspiracy of doomsday to follow. Seriously. There's been, like, hundreds of them at this point, and every time one fails to manifest, there's someone who stands up and goes 'We made a mistake on the dates! The high overlord says it's really X date! FEAR THE END TIMES!'

It's a lovely revolving door. xd

Yes, well unfortunately they are currently the most frequent.

I should note that sometimes I'm a bit a conspiracy junkie and do kind of believe in aliens on a planet Nibiru somewhere far off from here. I feel sorry for the aliens because of our crackpots. rofl  

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:54 pm
my friends are being really shitty at the moment.

it's a whole bunch of irritable little things, inconsiderate assholes, and other random small things piled up on top of each other, plus shoved into a state of utter confusion and lost-ness in my spirituality. i finally sat down and cried for the first time since being at college.

felt so good. then i looked in the mirror and said, "tough s**t." that helped a bunch also; i know i can handle this stress, can work through it.

however, that doesn't help my friends being assholes. that part still sucks, especially since it's not my fault and i can't fix them. so i am focusing on myself, building myself back up, until they come around and apologize correctly.

i mean, nothing really says "disrespectful" like a hand slamming on the table, being told to "not talk when I'm talking," and then attempting to cover it up by saying "oh look at the irony i was trying to create," and "i was just acting" and "are you ******** serious?" when I got up and walked away. Throwing a half-assed "I'm sorry" over your shoulder when walking away from me is not an apology.

Why is it that some people are way more concerned about getting away with being a shitface than hurting their friends' feelings? I mean, we all have flaws, but this is just getting out of hand.

I hate being treated like a pushover.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:49 pm
It's really, really frustrating when I lay out an argument, point by point, and I'm still fundamentally misunderstood. I have no idea if this is through my fault or the person reading my argument. And one of the biggest walls between our mutual understanding is his inability to take seriously another person's mystical experience.  

Bastemhet

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:28 pm
maenad nuri
Recursive Paradox

I wish I could say it gets better, but it's more you make others get used to it. I used to be able to go to parties...now I have to avoid them. The combination Introvert/ADHD does not go well.

Being an extrovert has helped, but I still can't catch a break in any professional or class situation. I've had to shed friends too, for mocking my distractability and my hyperfocusing.

I'm just done with people downing me.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:42 am
Recursive Paradox
maenad nuri
Recursive Paradox

Being an extrovert has helped, but I still can't catch a break in any professional or class situation. I've had to shed friends too, for mocking my distractability and my hyperfocusing.

I'm just done with people downing me.

I stick with friends that downing is part of friendly teasing and if it goes too far, it stops with a word. My best friend has an LD and we seriously tease each other back and forth. But we also back each other up.

(Know what makes it REALLY difficult? Since Philip is autistic, and it runs in the family, I have a few tendencies. The resistance to change in plans is one...)  

maenad nuri
Captain

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:13 am
True Colours of Destiny
I should note that sometimes I'm a bit a conspiracy junkie and do kind of believe in aliens on a planet Nibiru somewhere far off from here. I feel sorry for the aliens because of our crackpots. rofl
Oh, no worries. I love conspiracy theory - my pet one was the one that was ruined by The Davinci Code. There's nothing sadder than watching a complex, multigenerational search for something with thousands of 'hints' and 'puzzles' all over an area of France and the Middle East attached collapse into a work of popular fiction. So many parts of that great story was lost that it made me cry.

And don't even get me started on what he did to the Illuminati. crying  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games