Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RinoaHeartilly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:49 pm
Durza the Shade
Scheissenkopf
Durza the Shade
Last I checked, high 3-ish to 4. It depends on whether the grade is weighted or not - counts within the school, but not for colleges. The 5 from AP English (my first English A in high school) should help a lot when the quarter ends this week.

when we get A's in AP classes we get a 6

Wow. That's kinda rediculous. Does that mean an Honors class is a 5? Our Honors classes are 4.5.

At my school the honors classes are 5..  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:17 pm
RinoaHeartilly
Durza the Shade
Scheissenkopf
Durza the Shade
Last I checked, high 3-ish to 4. It depends on whether the grade is weighted or not - counts within the school, but not for colleges. The 5 from AP English (my first English A in high school) should help a lot when the quarter ends this week.

when we get A's in AP classes we get a 6

Wow. That's kinda rediculous. Does that mean an Honors class is a 5? Our Honors classes are 4.5.

At my school the honors classes are 5..

yup yup same here, but ap classes are verry hard especially on block sheduleing.  

Tubariffic
Captain

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:42 pm
Well, at least you can score 90% and still get that 5. Or so I'm willing to bet. Here at lovely Kings High, the cutoff for an A is 92%. You don't know how frustrating it is to get a 91 for the quarter and know it would have been good enough anywhere else . . . stressed  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:48 am
Durza the Shade
Well, at least you can score 90% and still get that 5. Or so I'm willing to bet. Here at lovely Kings High, the cutoff for an A is 92%. You don't know how frustrating it is to get a 91 for the quarter and know it would have been good enough anywhere else . . . stressed

Huh? A for our classes was a 93. I only got one B grade in my entire high school career and that was a midterm grade for Geometry and it was a 92. How I hated that class.  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

RinoaHeartilly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:11 am
Masquanade
Durza the Shade

Huh? A for our classes was a 93. I only got one B grade in my entire high school career and that was a midterm grade for Geometry and it was a 92. How I hated that class.

Same here, 93 on up is an A. I got 92 in math last year and the only way I could have made it an A is if I got an A on the exam.. I ended up bombing it though and getting a D. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:02 pm
RinoaHeartilly
Masquanade
Durza the Shade

Same here, 93 on up is an A. I got 92 in math last year and the only way I could have made it an A is if I got an A on the exam.. I ended up bombing it though and getting a D. whee

yeah its 93 here too. b is 84 c is 77 i think and a d is a 70 or above  

Tubariffic
Captain

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:53 pm
Wow. Thanks for making me feel all guilty and stuff now. And I was so looking forward to that rant . . . sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:25 pm
Durza the Shade
Wow. Thanks for making me feel all guilty and stuff now. And I was so looking forward to that rant . . . sweatdrop

We win. Muwahaha (wow this thread is being... active gonk )  

Tubariffic
Captain

KitoYasha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:31 pm
We were talking about guilds in world history today, and guess what my first thought was. =)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:22 am
*pokes his head in*

Well, if I can throw my $.02 into the GPA discussion; at college it works a bit differently. The grades are on a four-point scale, with an A as 4 and such, but then the calculation is a little funky. See, not all classes are worth the same (the lab for my Physics class is worth less than the lecture rolleyes ), so it looks a bit like this:

M/C BAND:MARCHING ~ A ~ 4.00 (4*1 credit)
UNIV PHYSICS LAB I ~ B ~ 3.00 (3*1 credit)
INTRO ENGINEERING DESIGN ~ A ~ 12.00 (4*3 credits ^_^)
UNIV PHYSICS I:MECH ~ A ~ 12.00 (4*3 credits)
THE HUMAN EVENT ~ B- ~ 8.00 (8/3*3 credits)
ADV FIRST-YEAR COMP ~ A- ~ 11.00 (11/3*3 credits)
GPA ~ 3.57 (the sum of those points (50)/number of credits (14))

And I apologize for not being on so much; I've been kind of busy visiting friends and such here in Denver before I have to go back to school.  

iOggy

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:31 am
iOggy
*pokes his head in*

Well, if I can throw my $.02 into the GPA discussion; at college it works a bit differently. The grades are on a four-point scale, with an A as 4 and such, but then the calculation is a little funky. See, not all classes are worth the same (the lab for my Physics class is worth less than the lecture rolleyes ), so it looks a bit like this:

And I apologize for not being on so much; I've been kind of busy visiting friends and such here in Denver before I have to go back to school.

Mine's pretty straight forward with a=4.00 and so forth and so forth. Certain classes aren't more or less.

So shall we do the math?
Survey of Western Art I = A = 4.00
Drawing I = A = 4.00
2D Design = B = 3.50
Overall GPA = 3.66 . . . TA DA!!! WHEE! Actually our GPA's are graded on quality points . . . and blah blah. But let's just keep it the simple way- shall we?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:46 pm
Masquanade
iOggy
*pokes his head in*

Mine's pretty straight forward with a=4.00 and so forth and so forth. Certain classes aren't more or less.

So shall we do the math?
Drawing I = A = 4.00
2D Design = B = 3.50
Overall GPA = 3.66 . . . TA DA!!! WHEE! Actually our GPA's are graded on quality points . . . and blah blah. But let's just keep it the simple way- shall we?

You only have three classes? eek  

iOggy

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:27 am
iOggy
Masquanade
iOggy
*pokes his head in*

So shall we do the math?
Drawing I = A = 4.00
2D Design = B = 3.50

yes that are 2 and half hours each and meet twice a week
we're on a block schedule
but yes- only three classes per quarter  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:40 am
Masquanade
iOggy
Masquanade
iOggy
*pokes his head in*

So shall we do the math?
Drawing I = A = 4.00
2D Design = B = 3.50

yes that are 2 and half hours each and meet twice a week
we're on a block schedule
but yes- only three classes per quarter

Meh we have 4 per semester, i like it better than normal scheduling for example taking math, you can take a math one semester then the next level next semester, and what im doing with german is that. If it was normal scheduling that would be impossible. Yay.  

Tubariffic
Captain

Saint-Saens

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:07 pm
Durza the Shade

It seems that my school is the odd one out here. The cutoff for Special Honors is 96%--I have a 95.something%...so I'm on first honors for the first time. One of my friends had a 95.985% Average, and he only made first honors still. Yeah, that's right--we do percentages. I actually like it better than the whole 4.0 system because you know exactly where you stand without having to do any extra calculations. They also don't wieght any classes at my school. So my 91 in AP Euro is a 91...period. The teachers usually give an extra point to compensate for that fact though, which is nice.

I don't know if I like the whole classes for a half semester thing. For example, let's say I did only have 4 classes a semester. I know for sure that I'd be hard to fit in all the material for Euro in one semester, seeing as we're already reading 30+ pages per class for homework. We don't even get to talk about it all in class usually. Plus, the AP test is in May--logically, no one would schedule an AP class in the fall semester. Thus poses the problem of how many AP classes one can take. I don't know about you guys, but I'd probably die if I took 4 AP classes crammed into one semester.

We have a house system, too.

I had to make up for an extended MIA period. 3nodding

Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games