Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
----~The Asian Pride Bar~---- (Come Chat with us!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 ... 1903 1904 1905 1906 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thank you again Jarvin, for changing the poll!
  Jarvin = Anima2nboy = Animaznboy (boohoo, he got hacked.)
View Results

Panda Got No Game

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:33 pm

But it's wrong to catch a cold in the summer ..

Just wrong !!

gonk
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:25 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One more night , I wanna be with you
Where I wanna hold you tight

It sure is wrong, but that happened to me once. Not. Funny. At. All.

Don't feel lonely, Pinay. Dx

It feels so right
To
night

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rebirth Project

AznxAngelxRuineux

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:13 pm

that happen to me many times already! first ur body's feel really hot and to make it worse the temperature's hot too!
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:14 pm

O.O

-Falling.Ice-

RAWRpham

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:20 pm

pinay sakura
I dunno ..

Hmm ..

Today it's been raining -- then sunny -- then raining again -- then sunny ..

>.<
thats how it is where i live
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:11 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

IM BACK WITH A NEW GAME:

GUESS WHAT "WHALLAH" MEANS. THE WAY I TYPE IT ISN'T THE RIGHT ONE, SO DON'T BOTHER GOOGLE IT. 500 GOLDAZ TO THE FIRST ONE TO GET THE ANSWER RIGHT.

GOOD LUCK.
:]

It feels so right
To
night

Rebirth Project

Animaznboy

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:33 pm

Moon Light Ninja

IM BACK WITH A NEW GAME:

GUESS WHAT "WHALLAH" MEANS. THE WAY I TYPE IT ISN'T THE RIGHT ONE, SO DON'T BOTHER GOOGLE IT. 500 GOLDAZ TO THE FIRST ONE TO GET THE ANSWER RIGHT.

GOOD LUCK.
:]

It feels so right
To
night

Whallah sounds like that one tagalog word for nothing.

My first guess is, voila. Like tadaaaaa. whee
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:07 pm

Animaznboy

No FAIIRR D;

I was gonna say that !

Panda Got No Game

Animaznboy

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:13 pm

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

I wish I could be love,
Then I could be
All over the world.

I'm doing my cultural report tomorrow. Just in case you guys are bored. Here's my report. It's not my final one though gonk

Cultural Project

Think: A Pearl of the Orient Sea. That’s one way to describe my homeland, the Philippines (according to Jose Rizal.) In the 1940’s, this country was one that was going through many changes. The Philippines has a geography that gives at a tropical look. It also has a culture that is different from most of the world. My family came from this country to America.
The Philippines’ geography makes it somewhat resemble Hawaii. It is an archipelago, meaning it consists of many islands. It has a tropical marine climate, around 82 Fahrenheit. Also, it’s islands are formed from earthquakes and volcanoes. The Philippines has around 7,100 islands, all of which are prone to earthquakes. Neighboring the Philippines is: China to the north along with Taiwan, Vietnam in the west, and Malaysia to the southwest. The Philippines also has a small typhoon problem, ranging from 5-12 happening a year. The total combined size of the Philippines is a bit larger than the UK.
Since there are so many islands, there are many differences between them in the Philippines. The ethnicity of the Philippines is mostly Christian Malay, mixed in with Thai and a bit of Chinese. The Philippines is special in the sense that is has the present and past co-existing as one. It has the University of Santo Tomas, one of the oldest Universities in the world. Before, in the early 19th-20th century, the Philippines only concentrated on agricultural goods. Now, they also have put technology, allowing for better economy and trade.
The Pinoy (Philippino) lifestyle is one that is close. Not only is the family close to each other, but it’s close to it’s clan as well. In clans, everybody feels like they are related to everybody else. A way to describe the Pinoy lifestyle is “Bahala na,” which means, what happens, happens. This could mean they are kind of laid back. Religion plays a strong role in the Philippines. Life in the Philippines varies from community to community. Children in the Philippines must attend schools until the 6th grade. Classes are taught both in English and Tagalog. After the 6th grade, teenagers may attend highs schools, most of which are Catholic. If affordable, the Teens will go to a college or university after middle school.
If you’re a Philippino lucky to live in the metro cities, your lifestyle would be as close to the West as possible. In the city, there is more to do, such as having a social life. Not all families have a computer, but children learn about the technology in school.
If you live in the village, your life is a bit quieter. Houses are built on stilts so that they won’t slide away in a flood. After school, boys and girls would work on rice fields. They have free time after that and usually go play basketball next to a church or have spider fights. When homework is complete, they look for somebody with technology and use it.
In the Philippines, eating is basically a ritual. Food is what brings the family and friends together. The main crop in the Philippines is rice, like all of its neighboring countries. Fish are abundant and are eaten almost everyday. In most meals, rice is served either boiled or fried. Philippino food is a blend of Chinese, Malaysian, and Spanish. Fruits eaten in the Philippines are: Banana, Papaya, watermelon, jackfruit, mango, pineapple, guave, and the native orange. Fruits are used not only in desserts and meals, but also in medicine.
Festivals play a roll in the Philippino lifestyle. No matter where you life and how you live, you will attend at least three festivals a year, if not more. The biggest festivals are usually Easter and Christmas. Most festivals have parades, plays, and singing. One Manila’s famous festival’s is the feast of the Black Nazarene. It is held on January 9, when thousands of people are brought together to carry a life-size statue of Christ made of blackwood.
The majority is Christianity with Muslim being lower than . Even fewer are the Buddhists and shintoists. Philippinos believe that what happens is because of God. The official language of the Philippines is Pilipino, based on Tagalog. It was created to pull the country together. English is used in the higher business world. There are many different dialects spoken throughout the Philippines, such as Tagalog and Illocano.
Both of my parents moved from the Philippines to America for the same reason: To become more prosperous. In their time, America was the land of opportunities; a fresh start for them. In America, they could’ve gotten better schooling, and better jobs. My mom went to college here and got a job as an accountant. My dad had to baby-sit us (My brother and I.)
In doing this report, I learned a lot. I learned about the lifestyles of those in the Philippines, which makes me want to visit it more than I already wanted to. I learned about it’s geography as well, and how it somewhat resembles Hawaii. One of the things that we still do here is eat rice (every single day.) Religion still plays a strong part in my family. I learned about the Jose Rizal’s revolution, and how he fought for our independence.

I'll remember to love,
You taught me how.

User Image
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:26 pm

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

I wish I could be love,
Then I could be
All over the world.

I didn't put anything about the barong. Or the Eskrima fighting style...
I'll remember to love,
You taught me how.

User Image

Animaznboy

King Henry
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:36 pm

Wow Jarvin, that's very good 3nodding I never knew you could write so well.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:49 pm

Animaznboy
Whallah sounds like that one tagalog word for nothing.

It's isn't voila. It isn't tagalog.

It feels so right
To
night

Rebirth Project

boba

Timid Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:30 pm

>> User Image <<

I swore I at that time.
I will walk life that shines highest
There is no fear.
It gets it over though there is a painful day too...

water

Now let's go.
The wing expands and goes
To look for freedom and the glory
The world that extends
To the place waits surely for you...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:32 pm

King Henry
Wow Jarvin, that's very good 3nodding I never knew you could write so well.

I wish I could be love,
Then I could be
All over the world.

Thank you. I only spent about an hour on it too razz

I didn't get to give out my final report. It's kinda late gonk

Is it wallet?

I'll remember to love,
You taught me how.

User Image

Animaznboy

insert weird name

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:54 pm

hey, sexy people. wink
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 ... 1903 1904 1905 1906 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games