Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

berserker_girl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:42 pm
Lt_Brookman
I preferred the way the Adeptus Mechanicus was portrayed in the Shira Calpurnia. I especially liked the fight between the magos and the rogue trader tech priest, it wasn't normal, that made it so great.

Shira Calpurnia? I'm lost, can you explain?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:23 am
Shira Calpurnia is the main character of two novels revolving around the Adeptus Arbites of Cypra Mundi. Most people hate it for some reason, but I really liked them.

Oh joy, I got my hands on a really old novel, the Hammers of Ulric! Ha, another step closer to completing that collection.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

WindexCookies

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:27 am
Lt_Brookman
Shira Calpurnia is the main character of two novels revolving around the Adeptus Arbites of Cypra Mundi. Most people hate it for some reason, but I really liked them.

Oh joy, I got my hands on a really old novel, the Hammers of Ulric! Ha, another step closer to completing that collection.

I bought that when it first came out! Hammers of Ulric was actualy the first warhammer novel I ever read. Now im like you, tryin to get em all. I have all the original slayer ones too. Has anyone read the Ragnar Books?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:11 pm
you guys trying to get all the books too I see. Well, that makes three of us! xd

By "old Slayer books," you mean the ones with the beige covers?

I just got my hands on the Orfeo and Konrad trilogies, and Honour of the Grave. I have to read them all before my mom will buy more. But that doesn't mean I can't buy them myself.... hahaha! I already have over 50 books, a few more won't hurt.

The oldest book I have is Wolf Riders, an old anthology.

Ah, the Arbites books, I've been trying to track them down, not having much luck. I do want to read them;I'll get to them eventually.

What is your most prized book?

++ Just finished Konrad (the first book in the trilogy) in under 12 hours!  

berserker_girl

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:43 am
Well, I'm not exactly trying to get the complete BL range, that would be mad and besides, not all books are that great (Blood Bowl anyone..?)

My most prized book? Oh dear me, that's almost like being asked by the wifey which child I like the most. I'm going with Ghostmaker, my first ever BL book that I bought, I don't know how many years ago. I've read it a few dozen times, it's visible, but I loved it, still do.

I've been keeping a big list of all the books I have and still need to buy, you can see it here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/index.php?mode=view&p=329814

I know the list's not completely up to date, but once I get my mits on one of the three new novels (Death or Glory, Fell Cargo and Fleshworks) next month, it should be alright.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:34 pm
I was looking in the January issue of White Dwarf, and one particular book stood out, I can't recall the name(I'm sorry for this low information.) but it looked from the cover, and sounded from the small summary off to the side, that it was supposed to be football, or some related sport played by the races of Warhammer? It actually sounded not worth the bling, but I was still curious on what it was actually supposed to be.
Anyone please?  

Vinnicius

berserker_girl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:40 pm
BLOOD BOWL!!

I've heard that the book is actually good; I haven't had a chance to read it myself, though.

But yes, Blood Bowl is like American Football. The (board)game itself is known for its fanatical cult following, much like college and professional American Football!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:47 pm
berserker_girl
BLOOD BOWL!!

I've heard that the book is actually good; I haven't had a chance to read it myself, though.

But yes, Blood Bowl is like American Football. The (board)game itself is known for its fanatical cult following, much like college and professional American Football!
better than american footbal, you play with a severed human head and get to kill. the book looks good, im going to see if i can order it from barnes and nobels.

anyone read the eisenhorn trilogy, inquisition war trilogy, or the new black templar book conquest of armageddon?

ravener2759

berserker_girl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:10 pm
Kirara.
berserker_girl
BLOOD BOWL!!

better than american footbal, you play with a severed human head and get to kill. the book looks good, im going to see if i can order it from barnes and nobels.

anyone read the eisenhorn trilogy, inquisition war trilogy, or the new black templar book conquest of armageddon?

The Eisenhorn trilogy were the first Warhammer books I ever read! They are some of the best the BL has ever published. Cherubael! heart

The Inquisition War is good, but its different that modern 40k. I liked it, especially some of the fluff that is not takled about so much these days.

Have you read The Battle for Armegeddon, the first book in the series? I haven't read the new one, but I have read the first one. I loved it, the action as intense and the characters, though a bit stereotyped, were awesome. I will never forget the last chapters when it all comes down.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:21 pm
berserker_girl
Kirara.
berserker_girl
BLOOD BOWL!!

The Eisenhorn trilogy were the first Warhammer books I ever read! They are some of the best the BL has ever published. Cherubael! heart

The Inquisition War is good, but its different that modern 40k. I liked it, especially some of the fluff that is not takled about so much these days.

Have you read The Battle for Armegeddon, the first book in the series? I haven't read the new one, but I have read the first one. I loved it, the action as intense and the characters, though a bit stereotyped, were awesome. I will never forget the last chapters when it all comes down.
Gah, it doesnt say anywhere that its the second or third book.... damn them!
yes, charubael is the awsomeo, but lets not forget prophanti or quixos. and glaw, such a cunning b*****d.
btw, im only on chapter 15 of hereticus, so try not to ruin the ending for me ok? at the point where eisenhorn uses the janissary etrik as stand in for himself when hes supposed to meet nayl.

ravener2759

berserker_girl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:11 pm
I won't ruin it for you. And yes, Glaw is one nasty fragger. 3nodding

*Totally embarrasing geeky-moment* I've had a crush on Cherubael since Xenos came out. You think Nayl or maybe even Gregor would be more of the likeable type, but hell, girls like the bad boy, but love the evil daemon guy. ( heart twisted heart )

I also recommend you read the Ravenor series if you want more Dan Abnett/ Inquisitor action! There's even a short story in What Cost Victory, an anthology. Its called Thorn Wishes Talon; its very good and sets up the Ravenor stories. And Cherubael's in it!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:19 pm
berserker_girl
I won't ruin it for you. And yes, Glaw is one nasty fragger. 3nodding

*Totally embarrasing geeky-moment* I've had a crush on Cherubael since Xenos came out. You think Nayl or maybe even Gregor would be more of the likeable type, but hell, girls like the bad boy, but love the evil daemon guy. ( heart twisted heart )

I also recommend you read the Ravenor series if you want more Dan Abnett/ Inquisitor action! There's even a short story in What Cost Victory, an anthology. Its called Thorn Wishes Talon; its very good and sets up the Ravenor stories. And Cherubael's in it!
yeah, i read ravenor beforei got my hands on eisenhorn, and now that i know where nayl nd kara, anf the other two came from it kinda blunts the impact of the story, since you think everyones dead. but yeah, damn shame what happened to ravenor.... he was almost as cool as cherubael.... so whats you favorite part in the trilogy?  

ravener2759

ravener2759

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:42 pm
im going to be upset when uber dies....  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:09 am
Can't wait till April this year, that's when BL will be releasing a big fat novel packed with short stories, most are reprints, but some new ones will be added, I'm especially looking forward to the Patience Kiss story penned by Dan Abnett.

I'm also growing mad of waiting for the third Ravenor novel, I want to see the trilogy end! Okay, we all know how it ends, but still, so many questions left to answer.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

berserker_girl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:20 am
I know what you mean; I need closure!

New anthology? -rushed to BL.com-

Let the Galaxy Burn and Horus Rising, all in one month! xd

My favorite parts are when Cherubael is chained up in that prison, and he's talking to Eisenhorn. I love the dialogue and the descriptions given. Another is when Cherubael says, "You don't know how vicious I can be." I just thought that was cool, because we never think of heroes, or anti-heroes as really being vicious. And lastly, the end of Hereticus. I laughed for a long because of the final exchange between Cherubael and Eisenhorn. If I had to pick one, it would be when Eisenhorn is in bed with Bequin (I think it is, its been a while), and he talks about how much it hurts him and everything. I liked that scene because it was so emotional and not something you expect of an =][=.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games