Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
What do your parents think? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Tears of Darkness~666

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:26 pm
Muted Faith9
I was just wondering how peoples parents reacted to their children being gothic. I mean, most parents don't like the music, the stereotypes that go with being gothic, and my parents even hate the clothing. My parents really don't know about me being gothic as they are so much against it that if they found out I would probably be disowned. So how did your parents react? Or do they even really know?
Truthfuly, my mother was exactly the same as me when she was younger, so almost everything I own was givento me by my mother. She has even agreed to help me redecorate my room. My father, on the other hand......he yells and insults and brings me down every second I am with him. He has even gone as far as hitting me for the way I am. It's okay, though.... I do not see him much anymore anyway. At least I have my mother and my boyfriend, who is the same as I am. That is why he is living with me now. His parents disowned him for it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:29 pm
Lazarus The Resurected
My mom and my dad don't realy care, as long as i keep the visible piercings down and don't get black hair dye and eyliner stains on the towels we're all good. my step mother seems to think that i'm a second class citizen for being this way but honestly i could care less. except wen her daughter said i was "discusting" (and she was like 5 at the time) when i heard this i told my step-mom that the kid was going to grow up and be horrible to goth kids and possibly push one to suicide. the woman had the nerve to look at e and say "well God bless her if she does" i swear i almost lost it.
It sounds as though your step mother and my father are ment for eachother, heh.  

~Tears of Darkness~666

X~.McRfan.~X

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:13 am
I can't really dress the way I really want to. My mom says no to basically everything that's black, unless I get it when she's not around, or my sister gets it for me. (Thank you!!!! =3) And she still says no to black nail polish.... But I think I can wear her down on that sometime soon. So really, if my mom found out what I was really like, she would kill me. She absolutely hates everything about gothic and all the stereotypes with it. It's always like, "All goths are like this...." or "All goths do this...." I keep trying to tell her that I just wanna be myself, but she never listens.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:52 pm
My mom really doesn't seem to find to much, neither does anyone else in my family. Well, actually I'm not really sure what my mom thinks about it,but I don't really care... The only thing is that she won't let me wear corsets or something like that but I don't really like those kind of things anyways.. Sometimes she is quite rude to me though. She apparently doesn't like it when I get my hair colored and sometimes makes some remark about how I look like I belong in a circus or something of that sort. But like I said, I could really care less what people think of me.  

medical kitten

L3ts S3t Th3 Stag3 OnF1re

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:40 pm
when i turned goth,
my mom went crazy.
but after 3 years,
shes been getting better.
So ive been getting more choices in clothing.
Hell soon this year,
ill be getting my 1st pair of chain pants x]  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:48 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Slayer Igraine

Kahroo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:26 am
My mom thinks I'm satanic. But hey I may be who knows. I told her this 1 hour story on how thw world was ******** and if there was a God why isn't he helping us now. But yhea she thinks I listen to "Death Emo" There is no such this as that. I may listen to lound much and such but Death Emo WTF? And she thinks I cut but yhea. But mostly she thinks my friends curropted me.

:EDIT: And sh might think I'm satanic cause of me being a Wiccan. But my friends mother/father are so cool they giver her spel and stuff. And they support her wiccan way. I luv her family for that.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:38 pm
Meh.
At first I started wearing some black shirts to school and such because I had a huge dress code against like plaid shirts, logos, and so on.
My mom at first wouldn't let me get get anything with chains or whatever.
But now I can. I got my first corset over the summer. I hope to get another one next time I get to go out of town.
I'm not really into the whole big, baggy pants that much myself. I more into the long dresses that drag the ground.
Now she's all "as long as it doesn't demote Christianity" which she's probably talking about the Death and Black Metal band shirts and stuff or whatever. Which is what my boyfriend listens to XD. I'm more into Power, Symphonic, and Gothic Metal. For me, it's BIG hicks for parents. So my dad just laughs and says I'm being too dramatic or something. I'm like: "Wtf? Dramatic?". Mother she acts like it's just a phase -.-. I'm pretty sure it's going to fuse with my lifestyle once I blissfully move out when I'm 18. Four years away D:

Acid_Tape

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:57 pm
Nesupa Koishii
Meh.
At first I started wearing some black shirts to school and such because I had a huge dress code against like plaid shirts, logos, and so on.
But now I can. I got my first corset over the summer. I hope to get another one next time I get to go out of town.
I'm not really into the whole big, baggy pants that much myself. I more into the long dresses that drag the ground.
Now she's all "as long as it doesn't demote Christianity" which she's probably talking about the Death and Black Metal band shirts and stuff or whatever. Which is what my boyfriend listens to XD. I'm more into Power, Symphonic, and Gothic Metal. For me, it's BIG hicks for parents. So my dad just laughs and says I'm being too dramatic or something. I'm like: "Wtf? Dramatic?". Mother she acts like it's just a phase -.-. I'm pretty sure it's going to fuse with my lifestyle once I blissfully move out when I'm 18. Four years away D:

3 years. Hah. cool  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:33 am
XWraith_LordX
Nesupa Koishii
Meh.

3 years. Hah. cool

I beat you both; minus 2 years. razz  

Rellik San
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:44 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Nesupa Koishii
Meh.

3 years. Hah. cool

Negatives don't count man! Well they shouldn't. So that would make you.. 20., unless your lying just to make a 4-3-2 descending sequence.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:37 am
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Nesupa Koishii
Meh.

3 years. Hah. cool

Negatives don't count man! Well they shouldn't. So that would make you.. 20., unless your lying just to make a 4-3-2 descending sequence.

Nah, I am 20, though in 3 months I'll be 21... legal to drink in America, but like the age of consumption ever stopped me from drinking before I was 18.  

Rellik San
Crew

Midnite Blue Moon 888

Fluffy Vampire

9,750 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:54 am
Considering that I'm actually more sane than my family members, I'm not sure their opinion really comes into it.

I dress as I like, listen to what I like, and do as I wish, as long as it doesn't break the law. [That's the great thing about being a grown-up. wink ]

I've always been a little odd to my family, so really discovering and embracing my Gothicity is just par for the course.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:27 pm
My mom was first "Why are you dressing like that?" at first since I was gradually growing into it but now she somewhat excepts it. Since she only deals with me on the weekends.

I don't even think my dad notices. Wait he does notice when we go shopping. "He just asks, why are you getting so much black and purple?"

NekoYasha09er

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces