Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
.:Warhammer Fan Art:. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King Kento

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:15 am
I probably got the idea from a space wolf book or some older novel. Anyways, my thoughts on the black carapace aside. Even if not as exaggerated as a black sheet, something to distinguish it the figures as marines and not just feminine yet muscular men. If not plugs and hook ups, howabout the more lupine faces they described in the horus heresy books. Just something, otherwise they just look human.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:19 pm
Yeah. When I was reading the stuff about the carapace an image was created within my mind of a Matrix-esque rigging with sockets and whatnot covering their body for the living connections to the power armor.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Certified_Snugglewhore

2,750 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:15 pm
Caleidah
Yeah. When I was reading the stuff about the carapace an image was created within my mind of a Matrix-esque rigging with sockets and whatnot covering their body for the living connections to the power armor.
That sounds about right. It probably also looks like they've got very pronounced ribs or ribbed armour beneatht heir skin.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:36 am
King Kento
In regards to LadyEren, just realised, in addition to the human proportions to her marines, they dont have any black carapace.

Well... my boyfriend works for GamesWorkshop and... he didn't tell me anything about this!!! eek
I don't know maybe you're right, but.. never read anything about it!  

LadyEren

King Kento

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:31 pm
LadyEren
King Kento
In regards to LadyEren, just realised, in addition to the human proportions to her marines, they dont have any black carapace.

Well... my boyfriend works for GamesWorkshop and... he didn't tell me anything about this!!! eek
I don't know maybe you're right, but.. never read anything about it!

Just read a codex or index astartes, they cover the organ changes. As for a boyfriend working for GW, doesnt mean hes a fluff nazi, or it mught not of occurred to him. I saw these images when you posted them originally, and it took me a bit to realize there were no plugs or anything.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:51 am
space marine ribs seem to have been fused together actually....
heres a piece of my art
User Image
User Image
meh the chaptermaster ryo gets glomped by his andriod killing machine GF lol  

Ryoto_X

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items