Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

niamhybeag

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:20 am
Niamh as in option (a)

*waves*

that who i think it is?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:59 am
niamhybeag
Niamh as in option (a)

*waves*

that who i think it is?

Only if you think it's Wing.
And you're not a fluffy.
Your first post clarifies that matter.
Fluffdom=wilful ignorance.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

niamhybeag

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:06 am
Yep, that's who I thought you were.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:22 am
I'm new to this guild. I am here to learn about Wiccanism and such things I have asked friends about it but haven't found out much. I'm just looking to learn about it. Not sure if I will actually practice it or not.  

Unoticed_One

VisasMarr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:27 pm
*waves*
I'm Lorrie (Lore for short). I am 23 years old, I am working on my BA in English (that does not mean I can spell well razz ) at university.
I have considered myself Pagan for 6 years. That was when I stopped calling myself "wiccan" after realising that I wasn't wiccan, I didn't want to be wiccan, and I was never going to become a wiccan.
After that came my years of disillusionment, which I think I am really still in the midst of.
Regardless of what I have gone through, I am still very much at the beginning of my path.
At the moment I have no specific "religion" or path that I am walking on, so I will use the term Eclectic Pagan to describe my faith, ideas, beliefs, and practices.

Thanks for accepting me into this guild ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:38 pm
Hi everyone. name's Amethyst, and thanks for accepting me into the guild.

uh, jeez, where do I begin? Hmm. Well, here's my story (abridged)

In high school, I, a 14 year old nerd, was one of many that learned of magic and all that fun, nifty-keen stuff. I dabbled with it, and came to realize that there was a religion in its mists as well. I clung to it, since I was desperate to have any sort of faith at the time; I was completely disillusioned by my family's faith, Roman Catholism, and I thought I needed something to fill the void.

I'll be honest with you all; I brought as many of S. Ravenwolf's books as I could, thinking what she said made sense in many ways, and her being recommened to me by many people. (I still have them now, being totally honest, but I only refer to them for the occassional laugh). I also read a lot by S. Cunningham, whose work I admit that I admire even to this day.
Still, I was a fluffy bunny in every sense of the word "Wiccans only do white magic, nothing is evil, rule of three..."etcetera, etcetera. I ws lucky enough to realize the truth about the Burning Times, but that's a moot point in the long run.

Fast foward a bit now. I'm 21, and have been taking the opportunity to read more on the subjects of Paganism, Wicca, specifically, and I'm always looking to learn more about things. I must admit to feeling a bit betrayed by my books when I learned about Fluffy Bunny syndrome and the misconceptions it causes, knowing now that I was completely suckered into things.

So, why am I here now? I want to learn more, plain and simple. I don't strictly follow any particular religion's tenets or beliefs, and I'm still searching for my own truth, but paganism facinates me and I wish to learn more about it. You all seem to be geuninely nice and helpful people, which i why I wanted to join the guild. Anything that we could learn together would be great.

Anyway, sorry for the long (probably unneeded) post. Pleasure to meet you all!

And.

You guys are awesome. OMG.  

AmethystWolf

Witchwolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:40 pm
Hello
Names Wolf
age 20, look 16 stare
going to collage and into wicca and pagan where there barely any or many are in the broom closet! burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:08 pm
You guys are awesome. OMG.

Hola. I'm PirateEire, and I have a drinking problem am here to both teach and learn, I suppose. I lurk around M&R and sometimes even post there. (Gads!)

Mainly I'm here because I have never been as exposed to fluffy "Satanists" as well as fluffy bunny pagans who seem to think Satanism is everything that it is not... than I have now. I now have this insatiable urge to educate any who I come across who spews misconceptions about any form of Satanism. Satanism is my forte, obviously, both atheistic and theistic. I personally follow the atheistic path and know a great deal more about that than theistic Satanism--but that's not to say I don't know anything about the theistic paths. biggrin I'm also familiar with various occult religions and practices, as well as philosophies.

Personal information about myself provided for those of you who wish to stalk me is in my profile and such. So have fun with that if you care to take a peek.

That's about it.  

PirateEire

in the flicker.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:45 pm
Hello all, i'm new to the guild. i'll tell you a bit about myself.

You can call me Kirio, or Heather. the first is my spiritual name, the second my given name. im going to be 18 in november. i did fall victim to the fluffy bit, but i was fortunate enough to escape before i became a complete embarassment to occult beliefs. now i am following a more vague pagan path. not necessarily "make it up as you go" or "take crap from random other religions" but its pretty generic (and if i'm following a certain religion and just dont know it, please let me know): i believe in Gaia, the soul of the earth. i believe that she is a complex entity, both caring and destructive. i believe in magic, in multiple dimensions, in the chaos field, among other things.

i will let you know that i probably wont post a lot; i'm more of a lurker. I'm pretty excited to be a part of a group that actually knows about paganism, occultism, etc. its a rare find, it seems, and so...

you guys are awesome, OMG  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:29 am
Hi. My name is Jane, and I'm a recovering fluffybunny.

I got into paganism (though of course it was Silver Ravenwolf-brand pseudo-Wicca at the time) when I was about 14. I was very touchy and secretive about it... I think it's becoming a trope for my generation. Conservative controlling parents, young teenager on journey of spiritual discovery / rebellion streak, very little actual research or thinking of any kind involved.

Well, I'm 24 now, and thankfully I'm not the same kind of pagan I was then. I am still mostly solitary, and my practices are eclectic- mostly cobbled together from what I've experienced at my former college's Pagan Association. We had a couple of Dianic Wiccans there, a Thelemite or two, and the rest were in the same boat as me- I also have an old friend who's a chaote.

Best idea I ever had was not to go mucking about with gods. They're fine and all, but I used to feel such a strong affiliation with them that frankly it was a little loony. So, I've just backed away from that sort of thing. If something needs doing now, I mostly do it myself- though very little actually needs doing. I'm so wary about throwing my weight around, using energy or ritual when it's not appropriate, that I've developed sort of a minimal-intervention policy. That has begun to spiral into Lazy Paganism. I might do a given seasonal ritual; I might not. I might script invocations, or I might vaguely wave my arms about and say 'I'd like such-and-such sort of spirit to wander by, thanks'.

I have to say that I'm especially glad that there's a reading list. I'll be taking advantage of that. Maybe it'll help to further defluff me.  

walkingundine

TheUnreal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:22 am
I should get more active in here...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:45 am
Hello there! My name is Locheia Moon, or you can call me Rhi ^^. I'm 20 years old and come from England. I decided to join this guild because I have been reading a few books such as "The Mists of Avalon" and "Sevenwaters Trilogy" and I keep reading about this old religion. I know that they are fantasy novels but I know that there must be some truth in it. I want to sort out the fact from fiction and perhaps take a new path in my beliefs. I haven't read much but a book called "The Druids" by Peter Berresford Ellis and I'd like to learn much more.  

Locheia Moon

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:09 pm
Locheia Moon
Hello there! My name is Locheia Moon, or you can call me Rhi ^^. I'm 20 years old and come from England. I decided to join this guild because I have been reading a few books such as "The Mists of Avalon" and "Sevenwaters Trilogy" and I keep reading about this old religion. I know that they are fantasy novels but I know that there must be some truth in it.
Not really actually.

Quote:
I haven't read much but a book called "The Druids" by Peter Berresford Ellis and I'd like to learn much more.
All the Druids are pushing up flowers. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:10 pm
TeaDidikai
All the Druids are pushing up flowers. wink

Would they still be pushing up much of anything by this point... sweatdrop  

Fiddlers Green

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games