Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
What are your Pet Peeves in yaoi? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

leo-amy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:51 am
umm.... when the men are too masculane. D: it frightens me to see that.

ohhh, petpeve: when they have fanfics of two people who should NEVER BE TOGETHER!!

combinations like: anyone from dragonball Z
inuyasha and seshomaru *ugg...*

Otherwise, i do love reallllyyyy beautfiul ukes, they are my fav.
i dont like semes all that much  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:00 pm
LilTigre
1) The seme/uke dynamic as a whole. All I ever see is the extremes, the rapist/bully seme and the weepy girly uke, and they're usually stuck in those roles. Real couples switch. And don't always dive straight for the buttsex. neutral

2) Female-bashing. Fangirls who bash female characters are just... argh. I've run into them when running yaoi panels and they were obnoxious and rude and derailed the entire thing with their ranting.

3) Rape as an expression of love. (K. Haruka, I am looking at you.) Does. Not. Compute. Grabbing someone unwilling who is suffering and raping them does not mean 'I love you' or 'life is worth living'. No matter what doujinka say.

3.5) Sex as healing right after rape. On what planet does that even make sense? Someone who's been raped is NOT going to want sex. They're not going to want to think about it, talk about it, anything. Forcing them to have sex will not immediately cure their ills.

... that was a longer rant than I expected to have. xD;;;;;

...I was reading your post and was first going to say "the first one", then "the first two", and then I realized that all of those are exactly what I was planning to say. So, at risk of sounding like an idiot who only quotes posts and says "this"... This. xD;  

deactivatedfedcba

Lady Tsukiko Kuonji

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:52 pm
Keltena
LilTigre
1) The seme/uke dynamic as a whole. All I ever see is the extremes, the rapist/bully seme and the weepy girly uke, and they're usually stuck in those roles. Real couples switch. And don't always dive straight for the buttsex. neutral

2) Female-bashing. Fangirls who bash female characters are just... argh. I've run into them when running yaoi panels and they were obnoxious and rude and derailed the entire thing with their ranting.

3) Rape as an expression of love. (K. Haruka, I am looking at you.) Does. Not. Compute. Grabbing someone unwilling who is suffering and raping them does not mean 'I love you' or 'life is worth living'. No matter what doujinka say.

3.5) Sex as healing right after rape. On what planet does that even make sense? Someone who's been raped is NOT going to want sex. They're not going to want to think about it, talk about it, anything. Forcing them to have sex will not immediately cure their ills.

...I was reading your post and was first going to say "the first one", then "the first two", and then I realized that all of those are exactly what I was planning to say. So, at risk of sounding like an idiot who only quotes posts and says "this"... This. xD;

Heh.
You totally stole what I was about to say.
The Only time I ever like the whole "rape" thing was when it's done in the context of "Oh crap. He got raped. That means he's back to square one on the relationship ready-ness scale."

I don't really mind the whole seme-uke dynamic as long as it's in a moderate amount.

And I get pissed at most HP slash, 'cause the Harry Potter characters are mostly already taken. I don't like breaking up loving couples of any kind.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:27 pm
I get annoyed when two semes fight for one uke, but then the semes end up together. I'm like: "Why introduce the uke in the first place?" I feel quite sad for the uke if he gets no love at the end. Or if he goes to the semes with a guy next to him and says : "This is my boyfriend." I kind of get even more annoyed. stressed But that's just me. confused

Insufferable Dai

Unforgiving Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Cheercrusher 50

C u r s e d M o o n s

Aged Dabbler

7,125 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:32 am

User Image

Oh, Yaoi pet peeves... We all have them.

1. The idea that constant rape can cause one to fall madly in love with his rapist. hell, it's true!
Because the fact that he rapes you, thus causing you physical and mental pain shows his true feelings. neutral

2. How absolutely straight guys, or guys who showed no previous interest in the other party, after scoring a confession out of them,
instantly realize they were also madly in love this whole time. It really is something that takes a minute to figure out.

3. I don't see why in the hell a gay guy would genuinely be instantly attracted to a little boy with no muscle mass,
a hint of facial hair, and an almost nonexistent c**k. If all they want is a little boy that lacks male pheromones,
has long hair and wears dresses, then please, just date a chick. they at least have two holes.

4. When the seme suddenly pins the uke to the floor and starts doing the naughty,
and when the uke panics and asks "why!" the seme answers Either one of these sentences.

a) It's a punishment, you pissed me off.
b) It's all your fault, you were tempting me by doing absolutely nothing.
c) you are just so much cuter than you were five minutes ago.

I mean, really?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:50 pm
omg! my biggest pet peeve about yaoi are some of the fanfictions about it.

here is an example:

SasuNaruSasu. sure in the anime they're best friends/rivals, so in a way, they are not fond of each other. i hate when the auther of a fanfiction makes them say "dobe" or "teme" or any other insults, then in chapter three they confess their undying love, and then in like chapter four or five they ******** each other like no tomorrow until the end of the story. and what really gets me is that the author will get like 100 reviews for only like three chapters. ugh!

that is what pisses me off about any yaoi pairing in general. people do not know the concept of keeping the characters the same, during the story have the characters slowly realize they like each other and then the confesssion and maybe a few "fun" times. patience is gold people! wait like about seven to ten chapters for the confession. that's when it gets good!  

ItachiCutie10001

Thrownuphearts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:07 pm
I'm really not sure why, maybe it's just how I get my yaoi, or where I get is from, but.. for my sick pleasure they never seem to show enough of the.. erm, 'good stuff' . I've noticed a lot of the actual yaoi scenes are usually you just seeing their shadows, or just a body part that has, really, nothing to do with the intercourse . And, like many of you, I hate the constant extremely whimpy boys. I, myself, am an uke *blush* but, You know.. I know how to dominate.. *cough* gtting off topic.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:22 pm
I hate that the uke can love the seme after going through all of pain and trauma he caused.
I remember reading this manga that the seme blackmailed the uke and forced him to have sex with him multiple times. Then there was a rumor that the uke was going to another company and then the seme gets mad and practically rapes him. Then while the seme is taking pictures with his phone to send to the company, the uke says he's not going.
Ya know why? The uke loves him because the seme showed compassion for him for like a second throughout the forced sex!
I actually had to sit and take it in for a sec when I read that page.  

Mohawk Dog

Strawberry Poizen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:23 pm
when all of the ukes act and look like girls  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:05 pm
this is with every yaoi
they are unsatisfyingly short

69_Go-Go_69

LazyButler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:48 pm
I find it kind of annoying that the uke ,tho it be CLEARLY his job, always whines and cries about the seme being mean or cruel to him althought we ALL know he likes it >>  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:19 am
My pet peeves:

1) When the story starts with, or even worse only consists of sex. I hate PWP. The relationship is so much more important than the sex - or to use a horribly over-used metaphor, sex is just like the icing on the cake. I like stories that take the time to build up to their sex scenes, showing me the characters falling in love first.

2) (Speaking of which smile Rape without trauma. Also, rape =/= love. Yes, characters can get raped, but they're not going to fall in love with their attacker. They're also going to have trauma afterwards, and are probably not going to want to have sex or even a relationship for a long time afterward, even if it is with someone else.

3) Excessively girly characters (especially ukes). Yeesh, if you really want your character to look like a girl, just make him a girl! Otherwise, guys actually have these things call muscles and adam's apples. And most need to shave in the mornings.

4) When a submissive character ("uke") automatically submits to the dominant character ("seme") even when he doesn't actually know him. Oh yes, because he has this overwhelming urge to submit to the dominant one. Sure.

5) Automatic hatred of female characters. Or fanfiction, where the male characters for some reason hate females they had relationships with in the past. Such as "they never really loved them" or "only flirted with/dated/married them to hide their gayness", when there's piles of evidence to the contrary. Is it really so bad to have a bisexual character instead of an exclusively homosexual one? He can still fall in love with a guy.

Also, not every female character comes equipped with gaydar. If they're flirting with a gay character, take it as a compliment that he's just so darn sexy, not as a threat to the relationship. If he really loves the other guy, then he's not going to go running off with a girl. (And if he does, then it just wasn't meant to be).

I have a ton more peeves, but these are the only ones I can think of right now.  

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:14 pm
SuperChanChan
I find it kind of annoying that the uke ,tho it be CLEARLY his job, always whines and cries about the seme being mean or cruel to him althought we ALL know he likes it >>

Um, hold on. There are so many thing wrong with that sentence I don't even know where to start. gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:05 pm
Keltena
LilTigre

This is what I was going to say. it really makes no sense when rape is used to express love. A person wouldn't fall in love with you if you raped them.

mizuki uchiha

7,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Wielder of Mighty Pencil!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:14 pm
LilTigre

Yes.

>.> I say with the K. Haruka image in my sig... NEVERTHELESS, I agree.

Also, if it was in Okane Ga Nai... Then it's on the list.

AND I JUST REMEMBERED! Horrible writing. Ooh, I hate this.

The phrase "moist cave." gonk Why the hell do so many fanfic authors use this to describe someone's mouth? It's not appealing or sexy!

More may be added later.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces