Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ Events ]:
:[VDay 2020]: Venus Day Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:19 am
User Image "Maybe we can fight the harpies later, if we can get them away from Venus and her kiddies." She said, shooting one of them a look that had passed by too closely. And by too close there was at least 20 feet between them. She made it to the buffet, a proper one this time, and started to fill up a plate. "At least the buffet is filled this time." There was a veggie stuck to one of her pieces of meet and she flicked it off. "You know any place we can eat this in piece? I've never been to one of these parties." She sighed and stretched one of her arms, feeling the bruises that had been formed from being thrown.

"Eris is better, but if Venus really wanted to save us, she would have healed all of our injuries too. Instead we get to keep them and she gets to create her own "chaos" with her children and yet somehow they consider her better." Beryl couldn't understand it.

shadica

-----------------------------------------------------

User Image Beatrice tried to follow her movements and made sure to keep whatever surprise she had at being so close together to himself for the time being. "You mean besides dancing with you?" Beatrice chuckled, trying to sound smooth but believed that he was probably messing it up. "I like working. I mean, I'm trying to get my own place so I don't have to live with my mother anymore. Grandpa has said that he'll pay for everything but I like earning things you know?" He hadn't ever seen his grandfather surprisingly, but the old Angel apparently lived in the city and could be considered rich, he wasn't sure how and often wondered if it was from doing something illegal. "Otherwise I like relaxing, going to festivals, going to the beach, you know. And if I have to be inside I like reading." Especially during the colder days. Nothing like camping out in front of the fireplace and reading a book.

"What about you? What do you like to do? Other than dancing with such a handsome pae as myself?" He asked, giving her a grin but expecting her to at least have a rebuttal towards his handsomeness claim.

Menelie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:30 pm
Selich for sure noticed Hanna become a little choked up when reminded of their first time meeting at a Venus Day party and he silently congratulated himself, trying hard not to get too big-headed about it. This was the perfect date. "Ah'm glad you approve," he told her, planting a kiss on the top of her head and smiling into her hair.

"You go grab wha'ever pastries and cakes look sweetest to you and ah'll raid the kitchens for a bottle o' bubbly and an extra linen. Then we'll meet on the beach in 10, d'ya think?"

Cora was just coming down for another push off the ground, legs and toes extended, when she heard Domini's comments. Blinking, she settled to the ground, still on tiptoe, and looked over the pae sitting at the edge of one of the waterways. Ooh, what lovely colors and interesting spiney fins. Had he been in the maze, too? She wasn't entirely sure, but she thought it pretty likely that she would have recognized him if she'd seen him there.

"I am feeling pretty relaxed," she admitted, taking a seat at the edge of the pool and dipping her feet in the water. "I'm just relieved I can fly again after all that craziness from before, ya know? This is way better," she said, gesturing with her arm at all the dancing pae, the decorations, the game tables, and refreshments. "I could never swim like you, though. My wings would get waterlogged and drag."

SSBrosB
Selich -> Hanna
Croaciidae -> Domini (she super doesn't mind :3 )

Smolder giggled at Rime's proclamation concerning food and let the other deer overtake her a bit, keeping an eye on her antlers in case they lost each other in the crowd despite still having a grip on her hand. Out of nowhere, though, there was a sudden pinch between her shoulder blades and all thought of food slipped her mind, replaced by a strong desire to dance.

"Hey Rime, wait," she said, squeezing the ice deer's hand tighter and pulling her back so she spun a bit into her arms. "I wanna celebrate making it back here in one piece. So we should party it up and totally dance!"

shadica
[ARROW - Celebrations] Smolder -> Rime

Unlike Xoana, Beltan was not feeling very confident at all. In fact, he was very much flustered and maybe just a touch unnerved by the smile she gave him. Hjortur had made it clear in no uncertain terms that Beltan was here strictly as a chaperone and he had agreed, but it seemed Xoana herself had very different ideas. Trying not to gulp again as she wove her arm through his, he put on a brave smile and led her towards the buffet tables. Maybe if he stuffed his face with shrimp puffs he could buy himself some time to figure out what to do here because all he had at the moment was a slim hope that someone could guard him.

Menelie
xD Send halp

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Sidling in on the sidelines, Horkos found himself a quiet corner to observe the festivities from, casually leaning against a wall with his bow and quiver over his shoulder. This was more like it. The mortals were all so relieved to be rescued that they were really cutting loose on their own even without any arrows to grease the wheels. Though that didn't seem to curb the enthusiasm of his divine kindred, especially the youngers. Much nicer atmosphere without Eris and her children fogging it up, to be perfectly honest. Smirking, he left his bow where it was for the moment and simply watched the fun unfold.

Quote:
No Arrows from Horkos, yet. He's just enjoying the party for now, in case anypae in particular wanna notice his presence wink

Twitchapher the 3rd

Wolfs Heart

Elros Namasi

Dedicated Noob

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hjortur and Kel were very much in the middle of a moment when a sudden splash and movement of red caught him off-guard. His mouth, open from what he'd been about to say, kind of hung there wordlessly from the unexpected grab. Now, were this a different sort of situation, perhaps he would have an internal monologue of his laments that, while he did appear to be on the cuter side of things, it was still a male that was currently holding onto him quite tightly. And in water no less - don't fey need to breath?!

Oh wait, wasn't this one of the kids' cousins?

DAEDALUS. CALLIOPE. COME RETRIEVE YOUR KIN.

That said, the other guy seemed to be having such genuine fun that Hjortur had a hard time getting mad. Perhaps this was just the sort of stupid interruption he'd needed to gather his bearings. Reaching up to ruffle the hair on both Lannister and Kelebek's hair, he sighed and shrugged. "Fine, fine. Ya got me." He then returned a playfully forceful shove of his own to get Lannister off of him with a, "Get back up there before you drown and get me in trouble."

Menelie
[Arrows - HAPPY] Hjortur -> Kel

Menelie
[Arrows - NONE] Hjortur -> Lannister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Calliope, who'd been moving en route for her grandmother for a decent amount of time, neared a little whiles after Persephone's grand entrance. Perhaps if she was a bit more of a 'low-context' person, she might have been able to notice the budding tensions and possibility for further still from the fact that there were now, apparently, children between Adonis and Persephone.

Calliope was not one to notice such unspoken social nuance though.

With a few light movements, she joined to the side of Shansa with a bright, if somewhat 'airy,' smile on her face just in time to hear the other sides' introductions and butt in.

"Hi hi Kaveiria and Kore~ Nice to meet you. Your hair is so pretty! Do you do the braids yourself? I've always been curious - how do you comb it without hurting the snakes?" At a question, she clapped her hand once excitedly. "Yes! I go around and I help the mortals get into the festivities with mother's arrows. OH! Yes, I forgot! I'm Calliope, my mother is Thalia, who is... somewhere?"

Her head tilted slightly at Maegara's comment, not quite understanding what she could mean with the teenagers bit. Yeah, weren't they all somewhat about that age? The furies could be so silly at times.

"Oh, did you miss the introductions?" Guess they would need to start over. With a lax smile, Calliope pointed at Shansa. "That's Shansa~" and then at herself, "and I'm Calliope~" then at the twins, respectively, "and this is Kore and Ka... Kah...? Mmm... How did you say your name again?" As she looked at the other furies she pursed her lips in thought before crossing her arms and furrowing her brows. mmmm. Nope, nothing. "Am I forgetting your names, or did you three not introduce yourself yet?"

Shadica
Calliope -> Shansa

Fea Line
Calliope -> Kore/Alecto

Antidia
Calliope -> Kaveiria

DaemonGabrielle
Calliope -> Maegara

Daisicle

Aged Genius

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:06 pm
User Image Hanna had to hold in the squeal as he kissed the top of her head. At this point she really wanted to take him somewhere alone, but the beach sounded good at this point too. She doubted there would be anywhere too private here at the celebration considering what usually happened. She gave him a grin at the mention of the sweets. "Sure thing, I'll grab them and meet you out there in ten minutes!" She said, squeezing his hand, giving his cheek a kiss, and then moving on over to the buffet table where all of the desserts were.

It took a little while and some shoving and maybe a small argument over one of the pastries as some pae seemed to want to steal the entire plate, but eventually she got some and made her way over to the beach, hoping that it wouldn't be as crowded as inside.

------------------------------------------------------

User Image "Tell me about it. I mean, I guess I was "flying" where I was, but it was mostly floating around and trying to navigate around the maze. I wish I could say it was like "swimming" in the air, but at least you have some push back from the water. When you just float around with no way to control where you go, well, I ran into quite a few things." He said chuckling. He couldn't tell if it truly was funny, or if it was a delayed shock reaction from what had all just happened.

He looked at her wings and gave a nod. "That's true, but I feel like flying would be quite interesting. Swimming is nice, but I can't get out of the water like other Naiad's can." He said, waving his arm in the direction that he saw a few of them from. "I come from the ocean myself and Naiad from there tend to be a bit more... specialized. Which means we sacrificed the ability to walk on land. But I do get these defensive poisonous spikes on my back for protection at least." He said, showing them a little but making sure not to get them too close to the woman. "I'm Domini. Even if you can't swim like I can, can you still swim for a bit? I can help you if you want. And I'll make sure my spikes won't get anywhere near you." She was pretty. He wondered if she would be willing to at least swim a little with him, but would understand if she was against the idea. It was just a bit sad. He often thought that he would trade his spikes in for the ability to walk on land.

Elros Namasi
Selich -> Hanna
Domini -> Cora

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:54 pm
Kore listened to Shansa eagerly, blinking at the purple girl slightly older than her, too wanting to reach out and touch her pretty purple wings. When Shansa mentioned Adonis being her dad too however, she paused. She glanced quickly at Kaveiria before back at Shana and smiled excitedly. “Then that makes you our half sister! Ooh ooh ooh could we come play sometime?” She asked, bouncing on her tip toes.

She paused when the other came over, introdiving herself as Callipoe. She was also very pretty and had pretty ear frilly thingies and ooooh. “I want to touch your face!” She burst out before clasping her hands over her mouth and giggling. “Sorry, sometimes I get too excited.” She smiled then leaned over and nudged Kave with her elbow, whispering softly. “she’s got pretty ear thingies!!! I want ear thingies!!!”

At the question of how she brushed her hair, she tilted her head. “Umm, just kinda around them. Usually they know to just move on their own though.” She said and paused, glancing over at Alecto who seemed to hiss. “Well, mine do anyways. Try asking Alecto, her’s don’t listen to her at all. It’s sooooo funny! They fight all the time! Of... except she doesn’t talk much...except when angry. And uh... that’s not as fun.” She added the last part softly, as if to keep Alecto from hearing it. It didn’t quite work. “And I know Maeg silly silly!” She giggle snorted. “Even when she’s not down there with her big snake, she still helps mom out. They all seem so cool....” she cooed, staring almost starry eyed at Tisiphone, Maegara and Alecto in turn.

Alecto simply snorted at all the goings on. At least she didn’t have to answer any silly questions, like how to brush——- she shot Kore a death glare and then one at Calliope as if to signify not to ask. She couldn’t be bothered for such trivialities. She was here because Persephone came and she wasn’t about to leave her mistress’s side.

Still, she snarled up at one of her snakes, bapping it on the head before turning to lean over and whisper in Tisiphone’s ear. Her usual method of communication. Something about telling the others to tell them she rakes the snakes over the head with her brush when they don’t behave. A harsh grin briefly graced her features at the thought before it faded as quickly as it came, her arms going back to crossed across her chest, one foot tapping slightly.

Shadica

Daisicle

Antidia

DaemonGabrielle

Irish Night Fox

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:35 pm
User Image

Applebloom still felt a little overwhelmed from everything that had happened in the mazes. The firefly friend she picked up in the maze fluttered excitedly around her head, looking at everything and everyone around. She wasn't sure she had the energy to walk around too much but the food was calling to her stomach. She made her way over there and started picking a few things out to eat.
Quote:
Appleblooom is free for interaction!
User Image

Jae hung back toward a wall, still starving but not wanted anything on the buffet tables that were magically full of everything anypae could want to eat. Except her. What she wanted was one of those freakin' harpies. Her fingers toyed with the scroll she had found in the maze as she thought about how to go about getting one alone and eating it....
Quote:
Jae is free for interaction!
User Image

Niraj floated in one of the pools set up for Naiads. He needed to decompress after all that...adventure, or whatever it was. After a long few minutes, he slide out of the pool and went to get himself something to eat. He was starving.
Quote:
Niraj is free for interaction!

User Image

"So..." she started, still reeling from everything. "That was....something, huh?" She finished lamely, offering Kulamani a slight smile. "Glad everyone's okay." Man, she was terrible at this. She took a long drink of something she hoped was alcoholic because there was most likely nothing saving this date.

"Is there, um, anything you wanna do?" she asked, still hoping something would work out.
shadica

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:51 pm
"Half-sister!" Kave quietly squealed at her sister's revelation. She may not have put two and two together right away. New experiences and new stimulus put her on overload. There were so many new pae here to talk to her, she grew a little shy and let her sister be the leader.

She let her sister field the hair brushing question because she didn't really know how to answer that. She just did it. "Sometimes the snakes helped with the braids." She added quietly.

"It's Ka-vary-ah" The little goddess spoke slowly to pronounce her name. "But you can call me Ka-vey."

"Wait, is Adonis your dad, too?" She tilted her head a little and tried to see if there was a resemblance. Was this a family reunion?

Kave glanced at Shansa's wing again. So pretty.

Fea Line
Kore

Shadica
Shanse

Daisicle
Calliope

DaemonGabrielle
Maegara - sorry I didn't directly acknowledge Maeg. I can't brain tonight

((Sorry this is short without content))  

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

FA Venus
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Venus sat on a pink divan. She was busy nursing and doting on Hadrian. The love goddess was still mad about the state her servant had been left in... only she was allowed to mistreat the fae! She patted Adonnis on DAT a** appreciatively. My Dondon, he's such a hero.

As Persephone poofed in to spoil a perfectly good party, Venus nodded in acknowledgement. "I'm really not sure where everyone got this idea that I was dead, Persey. EJ was the one who had been hurt. I had to take him at once to the best healer I know. I had such awful bags under my eyes from staying at his bedside, and the both of us needed rest and recuperation. I get back all refreshed, looking my best mind you, and see that the cockroach (Eris) has run amok."

Venus stood and eyed the new girls. "Amassing an army of gorgons, dear? Which mouth eats on them? OH!" Just like that she was completely distracted. "I borrowed your steed."

---

Asterion, no without shackles of any sort, looked up from the large slice of cake he was enjoying. Steed? His eyes narrowed. Better than being a flighty cow, he thought. His temper subsided and he reckoned that had been too harsh. Venus had let him stretch his legs and swing his hammer. He really had no complaints at this point.

---

"He came in handy." she turned back to the dark female "Oh and-" With the flick of her wrist she tossed the apple to her. She held the other's gaze for a second in knowing, though her tone and words were all normal, beautiful Venus, "Would you be a dear and keep that for me? Its just too tacky for my decor."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:34 pm
Tisi gave her sister a knowing look at the young Kave’s question. Oh, Nonougo. The young one coming into their care had been… interesting to say the least. Now, when it was little it had been entertaining to see Maegara try to ‘raise’ the thing, but now? Oh, wow. It provided entertainment you could say. Definitely kept her sister on her toes.

Her eyes flickered as another joined the group. It was starting to get a bit crowded, wasn’t? She took a step back just so she could keep them, and the party in easy eye shot. Even though Persephone was beside them, she was beginning to feel uneasy about the twins being surrounded by so many. It could have been protectiveness possibly?

Tisi leaned towards her sister smoothly, as though this was an every day occurrence. Her facial expression remained empty through the whole exchange, nothing betraying what was being said. Soon she straightened and tried to keep a sigh from leaving her lips. What an odd question to be asking of them, but she supposed one would be curious when they didn’t experience the same thing, “They’re not really a problem. They learn to stay out of the way early on.” Her own were bobbing up and down, tongues flickering as new comers came. They were as passive as the Pae they lived on.

“Alecto’s are rather stubborn though. She rakes the snakes over the head with her brush when they don’t behave.” She looked to her sister to see if her delivery was proper before going back to watching the party, half listening to the conversation.

Daisicle
Calliope

Shadica
Shansa

Antidia
Kave

DaemonGabrielle
Maegara

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:29 pm
He did mind, he minded quite a bit. Lannister thought as the female naiad seperated him from the male. However, he had already blown all his bubbles telling Hjortur to say yes, so he couldn't say anything in response to the female. Yes, yes he had gotten him. Proudly, Lannister paused to flex his pathetic muscles, showing off for Hjortur. Unfortunately he did need to swim back up to the surface to catch a breath of air. BUT HE WOULD BE BACK. With a push of encouragement that Lannister fully enjoyed, the fae clumsily swam back to the surface and caught his breath.

He gasped for air as quickly as he could muster,he needed to get back to the male naiad and play some more! Luckily for the two naiad, he wasn't a great swimmer and he would probably never be able to catch up to them, especially between gasping for air.

Menelie

Daisicle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:37 pm
As Eleora sat on the bench, tied down with her egg, her only real option for the party was pae-ple watching. So she did. The flutter saw a lot of curious happenings, but also noticed the strange type of pae she had met just before vanishing through the floor. She hadn't seen him in the maze at all. Eleora couldn't help but wonder what had happened to him. Quickly, she scooped up her egg and made her way after him, catching up after he stopped at the food tables.

She hadn't thought about what she would actually say once she caught up with him, so somewhat awkwardly she waved a hand at him. Oh wait... what if he didn't even remember her? They had really only barely met. "Hey, do you remember me?" Eleora asked, quickly grabbing a pastry off the table to make it seem like she hadn't followed him, and that she had simply come here to eat.

Strawberri Stardust
Niraj

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:13 pm
Xoana snagged a plate from the buffet and offered one to Beltan as well. "Wow, I've never seen so much food in one place," she marveled. She tapped her fingers on the bottom of her plate, making a little ceramic dunking sound. "I don't even know what most of this is, do you?" It was certainly a far cry from crayfish, which was the fanciest thing she'd ever eaten.

"Hm, this looks like kelp," she commented, taking a couple cylindrical morsels that appeared to have fish, wrapped in some sticky, squishy white substance, which was then wrapped in seaweed. That seemed safe, assuming the white stuff wasn't completely weird. Oh, and there was more fish! Salmon and tuna certainly were brightly-colored here out of the water. She took a few pieces of each and set them on her plate.

"D'you know what any of this land food is?" she asked. She knew Beltan had come to this party last year. Perhaps he'd have some recommendations.

Zuleika had nodded politely at Daedalus' mortal family--awk af but what could you do--then she was whisked off by him again. Which was fortunate, because she thought he might be serious about her hitting that other Naiad couple. "Not while they're watching," she'd hissed under her breath, mortified.

But when she'd finally broken away from Dae's frenetic wandering, she found herself drawn to that same Naiad couple. The girl was clearly into him, but the guy was like...super stilted. What was he, a soldier or something? Slipping into a more shadowed position, Zuleika notched one of her mother's arrows. Mother, understandably, had had to lie down after the day's events, and she assumed Aliza was attending to her. She took aim and shot the pale blue male, then smile, satisfied, as she leaned against a column to watch her handiwork.

Elros Namasi
Beltan has been shot with Aglaia's beauty arrows! The next pae he sees will be the most beautiful he has ever seen!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:21 am
Poliuah realized there was no need to leave the party just yet. Even though she was mad didn't mean she could not get a drink or two. Moving to the bar she ordered something cold since it felt like she needed to cool her hot head. Looking around as she waited for her drink she saw that the party seemed to be it's normal crazy affairs. "Thanks" she replied as she got her drink nice and frosty good to clear ones head after that scary maze. The party didn't seem that bad if you watched it from the sidelines.

Quote:
poliuah is open for interaction

Quote:
sugar Crystal is open for interaction

sailornorthstar

Generous Giver

shadica

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:58 am
Shansa was taken aback for a second by Maegara's glare. She had just been trying to be friendly, but she supposed it would make sense the other girl was wary of her. It wasn't often that Venus' retinue interacted with the underworld dwellers.

She was relived when Callopie showed up. Oh good another friendly person being friendly with the new kids! Yay! See we come in peace!

"Well when I'm not at a party, I am one of Venus' attendants. Basically I do what ever she needs or wants. At the party I greet guests and help them if they need to find any thing! The others have arrows they shoot at mortals that give different effects. The ones Callopie uses causes the mortals to dance if I am not mistaken?" She explained to Kave before continuing.

"Sadly I don't have my own arrows yet, but last year I was able to borrow some from one of my older siblings! I'm sure Callopie could show you how it works if you want to know more!"

She flushed slightly when she realized she had blathered on quite a bit wooops.

Then the other girls realized they where related! Shansa had been a bit worried about that not sure how her new half sisters would react to her. But they wanted to play!!

"I would love to play with you guys!" She said her eye's sparkling happily. Other than Serenity and Seneca all her other siblings where much older than her and had Adult Stuff to do and where too busy to hang out. "Oh you guys should meet Serenity and Seneca at some point! The three of us are triplets. They should be around here some where?"

Shansa listened intently to the conversation about snake hair, she had been quite curious about that as well, so it seemed like the snakes where alive-ish? With a mind of their own how interesting.

The twins where so interesting! Snake hair! But their wings gosh their wings where so so pretty!
"I love your wings! They are so pretty! Like a butterfly!"

Shansa stiffened for a moment as Venus showed up. Please don't flip out please.

She let out a shaky sigh as Venus commented on the twins but didn't freak out over them.

Good good maybe tonight after the party wont be so bad after all. Yes yes just don't do anything to make her mad.

Irish Night Fox
Tisi

Daisicle
Calli

Antidia
Kave

DaemonGabrielle
Maegara

Fea Line
Kore & Alecto

:[ Events ]:

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]