Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Class] Create Your Own Defense (pg. 21 Class dismissed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Hitsuzen rolled 8 6-sided dice: 5, 6, 2, 5, 2, 4, 1, 5 Total: 30 (8-48)

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:37 pm
"Alright, so I guess this isn't ******** working out." Deacon complained, running his hands through his hair in frustration.

"Let me just... I guess I'll go get something else."

Jack forbid he had to actually do anything like manual labor...

Leaving his spider to tag along, Deacon went to the supplies for what was actually the first time. He looked over the materials and chose bark solely because it was lighter and easier to carry to a dummy.

He put a little more work into the construction of his fourth attempt, but still watched it crumble under the spider's attack.

Deacon: Fourth Attempt - Bark - FAIL

Hitsuzen rolled 6 8-sided dice: 6, 6, 3, 4, 2, 8 Total: 29 (6-48)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:38 pm
Deacon was grumbling profanities when he went back for more materials, grabbing up a bunch of leather this time and hauling it back the way he had come.

He was really starting to think that his spider was just a damn showoff, especially when it shredded through his newest choice of armor.

Deacon: Fifth Attempt - Leather - FAIL

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

Hitsuzen rolled 4 12-sided dice: 4, 5, 6, 8 Total: 23 (4-48)

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:40 pm
The tabby just seemed to be making his way down the line of possible materials, and he audibly groaned before he selected the heaviest of the items to use. For how lazy he was in this class, it was astounding that he was in good shape.

But good shape came with exercise that he decided to himself. This was just ******** work and he didn't want to do it. There was a difference ok.

"Let's see you shred through metal, a*****e." Deacon actually growled in challenge to his temporary companion, setting everything in place and standing back.

He was actually just as surprised as the spider that it had worked this time around. "
Deacon: Sixth Attempt - Steel - PASS

Nio Love
Deacon's challenge - and 400+ words - is complete! Thank you for the extra time to fill in posts!

Hitsuzen rolled 4 12-sided dice: 5, 3, 7, 11 Total: 26 (4-48)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:41 pm
He hadn't meant to wait the several minutes that he had before moving from where he sat, but Yuki was focused on inner thoughts over just how he was going to patch up the mistakes that he had made between himself and Astra. It was going to be difficult to properly put his attention on the task at hand if he didn't try to clear his thoughts, and the ghost shook his head as if he might physically accomplish that as he stood and moved toward the edge of the web.

A spider lingered nearby, and he glanced toward it after taking a look at just how far down he had to descend. "We're paired up then, I imagine?" With others going off with their respective companions, he could only assume that this one was 'his' for the challenge. He glimpsed a few students descending and moving about on the backs of their spiders, and it made him curious. It would be easier to at least get to the ground with its aid. "Mind giving a guy a ride to the ground?" Yuki asked, reaching out in a careful and coaxing sort of way. "I'm sure you're not going to fall like I worry that I might."

As the arachnid stepped up closer without protest, the boil took it as compliance to do just that. Still, he hesitated and rested a hand on the spider's back for response before he hopped onto it to ride properly. The creature was even kind and accommodating enough to offer its palps for him to hold onto, which was pretty convenient and helped to keep him from just tumbling forward and off entirely when they descended vertically from the tree.

He dismounted once all eight of the spider's feet were on the ground, going to the supplies laid out for their use and looking them over. Logic told him to select bark, as it would be something readily available in nearly any desperate situation. Leather would still be easier to acquire than steel... Regardless, he selected the metal for the ease of completing their task. Perhaps it was a bit of a cheat, but it had been a choice given them.

"If anything should do the trick, this will be it." Yuki said to his companion as he returned to it, reaching up to rest a hand at its back in wordless gesture and climbing on with the metal tucked under one arm once the spider had lowered its body a bit to allow him a ride again.

Once they'd arrived at one of the intact dummies, Yuki went to securing the steel around the torso. He was hasty about the preparation, and perhaps that was why it didn't hold up to the assault once he'd gotten out of the way and left the spider to attack.

"Well, at least it was on the dummy and not me..." Yuki muttered, although he was attempting to remain in good humor. "Good job, though." He gave his spider a gentle pat to a leg. "Though, this just means I need to borrow you for longer so that we can try again."

Yuki: First Attempt - Steel - FAIL

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

Hitsuzen rolled 4 12-sided dice: 1, 1, 10, 9 Total: 21 (4-48)

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:42 pm
Spider and rider traveled the short distance back to the supplies, and rather than picking a different item Yuki selected another piece of metal.

"We'll try this once more. I don't think I secured everything as well as I could have."

This time, he put more time into how he secured the metal to the dummy before he let the spider have its hits. It stood up to the test the second time around, and Yuki looked quite pleased with himself.

"We both had our win, then. That's all there is to it, I think? We might as well get back to Tajana."

Yuki: Second Attempt - Steel - PASS

Nio Love
Yuki's challenge and required word count is complete!

thyPOPE rolled 12 4-sided dice: 1, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 1, 3, 4 Total: 37 (12-48)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:52 pm
"Aw, man," Puella pouted. "Okay, why don't we try again?"

She watched as the spider almost cheerfully secreted new sheets of spider silk for her to bind. She was going for full coverage this time: sheets of silk layered and layered and layered to completely cover the dummy. Surely this would hold better, right? There were layers, that she'd built directly onto it. That meant her armor was contoured to the dummy's body, right?

It looked like the answer was a resounding 'not'. The spider used its pincers this time to merely rip the sheets of silk off. It looked like it was laughing at Puella. Unfair! She stuck her tongue out at it, giggling a bit.  

thyPOPE

Devoted Hoarder

thyPOPE rolled 12 4-sided dice: 4, 1, 1, 1, 4, 1, 4, 2, 4, 2, 3, 3 Total: 30 (12-48)

thyPOPE

Devoted Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:56 pm
Okay, Puella. Think, think, think. Like TK. Heh.

What sort of structure would be the most impervious to attack?

Well. Here was the thing. Glancing between the dummy and her spider friend, Puella thought, she really did need a better assessment of the spider's abilities. Sure, it seemed like the spider was uniquely suited to getting between the many threads of silk, especially compared to people who were using things like steel. But it'd only really be a challenge - she'd only have learned - if she kept using spider silk. Also, it'd be far more useful in the field, or so Puella thought, anyway! What were its best properties? It was flexible, but strong, Puella supposed.

Maybe...if it could somehow deflect an attack? She eyed her spider friend's pincers nervously. She wasn't sure what shape exactly would be able to deflect an attack, but it was worth a try nevertheless. "Is it getting any harder?" she asked jokingly when the spider cleaved cleanly through her next creation.  
thyPOPE rolled 12 4-sided dice: 4, 3, 4, 4, 2, 4, 2, 2, 1, 3, 3, 4 Total: 36 (12-48)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:03 pm
It didn't really seem to answer, although it'd swiveled so that all eight of its bright little eyes were facing her. "Hi!" she grinned. "Um, again!"

She went for a network of little triangular shapes, this time. The spider looked a little exasperated, though (as much as you could tell with a spider, really, although in Puella's case that was more than most), and just poked its legs into the holes and ripped into its own silk again. Whoops!

"I guess that was a bad idea, hm?" Puella asked. "But it matched my lace!"  

thyPOPE

Devoted Hoarder

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:05 pm
ONE HOUR LEFT

thyPOPE rolled 12 4-sided dice: 4, 3, 1, 4, 4, 1, 2, 4, 3, 1, 3, 1 Total: 31 (12-48)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:05 pm
The spider butted its abdomen gently against Puella's side, a gesture she felt was intended to be both supportive and playful. She petted it absently as she thought about what to do next.

Oooh, what if instead of using multiple sheets she just used one big sheet, all stitched together? She wrapped it around the dummy like a grand, silky toga, and stepped back and grinned encouragingly at the spider.

Unfortunately her spider friend was prepared for that, too. It just ripped its way up the toga from underneath. Oh, how smart, Puella thought, shaking her head.  

thyPOPE

Devoted Hoarder

Nothing Yet rolled 12 4-sided dice: 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 1, 3, 4, 1 Total: 28 (12-48)

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:06 pm
With her little bundle of joy tiny spiders cradled gently in her arms, Mimsy listened attentively to the lecture. Any time she found herself in the position of a student, this was standard classroom procedure for her - it was only respectful, after all, to acknowledge that the instructor was clearly more knowledgeable about the subject.

But even if she had not practiced this rule, she would have been deeply interested. The spiders encouraged this tremendously, of course, but the opportunity to learn less-than-conventional methods of defense was very well timed. She rocked the bundle of tiny spiders in her arms as she thought of the bundle of human that waited for her at home, musing about the practicality of encasing him in protective webbing like spider mothers did.

Once the lecture was complete and the spider joined her at her side, she set to work preparing armor for the practice dummy, which the arachnid companion took great joy in destroying.

Quote:
Mimsy is in a Jorōgumo golem and looks like this

Nothing Yet rolled 12 4-sided dice: 1, 4, 1, 3, 4, 3, 3, 4, 4, 3, 4, 2 Total: 36 (12-48)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:08 pm
Creepycrawlies were not really her specialty, but Maysy enjoyed them nonetheless. She bounced contentedly up and down on the web, keeping to herself for the most part, aside from the occasional comment towards one of the eight-legged friends. The exception to her babbling was made during the time when the professor explained the instructions, because instructions were critical. One could deviate from instructions to invent something new, naturally, but base knowledge was required before it could be expanded upon.

She skipped off ahead off the spider assigned to her, opting to play with the silk for this task. Steel and leather were materials she was already familiar with, and bark was always the sort of thing that she and Svensyl created armor and playthings from when they were scarelings, so there was no need for any of that.

As her spider spun its thread, she began to loop it around the dummy, hmmming to herself as she considered the best way to do this. The ghoul nearest her seemed to have a particular advantage, being a spider herself, so Maysy gave her a truly excessive wave in greeting.

"Salutations, spiderkind! I spy sooomething snestling in your arms--or some of them!" That was a hilarious joke, so she laughed. "Tools of the trade?"  

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

iloveyouDIE rolled 8 6-sided dice: 6, 5, 2, 6, 1, 5, 5, 3 Total: 33 (8-48)

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:09 pm
Aisha listened carefully and watched the instructor's explanation and demonstration. She was pretty sure she got the idea though she was slow choosing when the class finally broke apart to do their own thing.

The spider followed diligently behind but the undead ghoul kept glancing back, mostly because it was so damn big.

Aisha tended to her dummy, working first in the material she was most familiar with. The bark was fashioned into armor but ended up destroyed easily when the spider attacked.  
thyPOPE rolled 4 12-sided dice: 10, 5, 6, 11 Total: 32 (4-48)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:09 pm
Raisuke was a man of silence. He glared until everyone seemed to have taken what they wanted the pile of steel plates, and then approached it quickly while no one else was ********. The thing was, Raisuke was a pretty short guy, considering he was a horse in his natural form. And he probably needed a lot of steel. "You," he said gruffly to a spider. It bobbed into view beside him. "How do you feel about carrying things?" he asked, taking the sight of it in. It didn't say no.

(Well, of course it couldn't really say no, but that didn't matter much to Raisuke.) He piled steel atop its back - as much as would fit without falling off - then he marched the spider over to a dummy that was also on the shorter side. What? If there was a smaller surface area to defend, it'd be easier, right? He then quickly began constructing armor.

When it was all on right - or as much as he could tell, anyway - he grabbed the remainder of his steel plates from the spider's back and placed them on the ground. "Go ahead," he told the spider, gruffly as he could manage.

It pulled the plates off frantically, as if it wanted to prove something to him.  

thyPOPE

Devoted Hoarder

Nothing Yet rolled 12 4-sided dice: 3, 1, 2, 3, 4, 2, 1, 1, 2, 4, 3, 3 Total: 29 (12-48)

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:10 pm
Startled out of her concentration by the sound of someone speaking to her, Mimsy opted to abandon this attempt to let her spider enjoy the dummy as a chew toy. The spider quite willingly obliged.

"This?" she asked, holding up the bundle of web. "Oh, I am afraid not! It is simply an extension of me, in many parts."

She supposed that might be how it worked, considering the golem's limitations. With a smile, she tilted her head and blinked at the ghoul.

"Why do you ask? Curiosity? Concern that I might possess an unfair advantage?" Were this anywhere but Halloween, she might have been offended at the mere thought that someone might have assumed she was cheating; but her sense of belonging was always so strong here, and that tended to lessen her contempt.

Quote:
Mimsy is in a Jorōgumo golem and looks like this

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas