Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
📣 Introduce yourself here so we can welcome you! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RuichiroChan

Shy Strategist

16,450 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:20 am
I am ryuzuki_rui,
you may call me rui or ryu
either of them is fine!
I am 16,and gaia has been my medicine. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:16 am
Hello everyone.
My name is Knives. I joined Gaia in 2006 and so far it has been a pleasant experience. Unfortunately most of my friends who also joined started to loose interest and one by one left Gaia, mostly because they grew bored with the need to constantly quest things. I'm your residual foreginer here and as such I cannot afford purchasing gaia cash, because for us foreginers the price for GC is not constant, it changes every time with currency rate exchange.
The only way for me to obtain GC is through watching videos in Daily Treat, but those appear very seldomly and more often than not freeze without granting anything.
I can't make millions in few days, it takes me months to buy items on Market Place.
I really adore the time I spend on Gaia, I love talking to people, discuss things and play zOMG but I'm really tired of constantly being reminded that I'm poor and cannot afford stuff. Even when I make an effort to accumulate gold for chosen item, it's price increases by millions in mere hours while I can only make thousands at best.
Forgive me rather long rant, I just wanted to share my point of view.

Careful Knives

Squad Mage

26,665 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Professional Decorator 250

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:24 am
ShadowsFreedom163
Hello Everyone.

My name is ShadowsFreedom163. I am 18 years old and I love Gaia and my Gaia Family. I currently run a Roleplay Guild called Korianna. (We are looking for members). My Gaia history goes like this.

I have been a part of Gaia for about five years now. I found this site when I was lost in my life and had no where to go. Through Gaia I have met people who have saved my life (Literally). I took a short time off and when I returned to this site I found total chaos.

Now I love Gaia. The friends I have made are like my family. I love being able to meet new people and fit in. But I am one of those many people who can't afford to buy cash cards. I feel like I have missed out on opportunities because of this. In my five years on Gaia, I have scratched, clawed, sold items, worked my butt off for, and begged my friends for donations, for the items I have wanted to buy. (It hasn't been easy and I am sure someone here can relate.)

The reason I joined this guild is because I agree with most Gaians that the Gaia cash has spun out of control. I don't believe that you are an "Exclusive member" if you spend 999 Gaia cash in one year. I believe we are all equally important to the community of Gaia. Yes there are some of us who are veterans of five or more years. But that doesn't make us "Exclusive members", now does it?

I just want to see the site, where I found so much love and friendship welcoming me with open arms, to be restored to the former glory it once was. I want users to flock back to this site because it is fun and it isn't all about how much cash you spent to get into some "Exclusive club".

~Shadow

Pleased to meet you, actually.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:32 am
Careful Knives
Hello everyone.
My name is Knives. I joined Gaia in 2006 and so far it has been a pleasant experience. Unfortunately most of my friends who also joined started to loose interest and one by one left Gaia, mostly because they grew bored with the need to constantly quest things. I'm your residual foreginer here and as such I cannot afford purchasing gaia cash, because for us foreginers the price for GC is not constant, it changes every time with currency rate exchange.
The only way for me to obtain GC is through watching videos in Daily Treat, but those appear very seldomly and more often than not freeze without granting anything.
I can't make millions in few days, it takes me months to buy items on Market Place.
I really adore the time I spend on Gaia, I love talking to people, discuss things and play zOMG but I'm really tired of constantly being reminded that I'm poor and cannot afford stuff. Even when I make an effort to accumulate gold for chosen item, it's price increases by millions in mere hours while I can only make thousands at best.
Forgive me rather long rant, I just wanted to share my point of view.

Hello Knives. It is a pleasure to get to know you. I also agree with you. Gaia is fun and a great place to connect with friends. But I know how hard it is to try to buy an item before the price jumps or they are all bought. I believe that we who adore Gaia so much can make a difference. I am happy that you support the same cause for bettering this site that I do.  

ShadowsFreedom163

Romantic Shapeshifter

11,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Citizen 200

Careful Knives

Squad Mage

26,665 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Professional Decorator 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:57 am
ShadowsFreedom163
Careful Knives

Hello Knives. It is a pleasure to get to know you. I also agree with you. Gaia is fun and a great place to connect with friends. But I know how hard it is to try to buy an item before the price jumps or they are all bought. I believe that we who adore Gaia so much can make a difference. I am happy that you support the same cause for bettering this site that I do.

It's a pleasure for me as well. I really do hope that we can change things, even a little. It's sad that questing items became the source of such frustration to many Gaians. I remember how it used to bring joy. For instance three of my friends helped me raise gold for buying Gwee dragon for my sister's birthday, back then when this MC was out. It cost about 25k on the MarketPlace and it took five people to buy it, but we had fun. It pains me, becasue now that fun became the reason those people left Gaia behind. I wish to change that.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:03 am
Careful Knives
ShadowsFreedom163
Careful Knives

It's a pleasure for me as well. I really do hope that we can change things, even a little. It's sad that questing items became the source of such frustration to many Gaians. I remember how it used to bring joy. For instance three of my friends helped me raise gold for buying Gwee dragon for my sister's birthday, back then when this MC was out. It cost about 25k on the MarketPlace and it took five people to buy it, but we had fun. It pains me, becasue now that fun became the reason those people left Gaia behind. I wish to change that.

As do I  

ShadowsFreedom163

Romantic Shapeshifter

11,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Citizen 200

Effingo

Mewling Lunatic

9,975 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
  • Restorative Spirit 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:12 am
We reach for the heavens....

Hi, my name is Effingo. I've been a member of Gaia for a few years now, and I've noticed the sad declining state of the site that used to bring me so much joy.
My friend Morigerus was on a gaia hiatus but recently rejoined. He was shocked by how back things have gotten while he was gone and we often talk about the problems Gaia faces. He apparently joined Revolution Gaia a while ago, so last night when we were grumping about gaia he mentioned RG was recruiting and told me I should join. I didn't see a reason not to.

I'm angry and sad about Gaias attitude towards it's users. Things have got to change!

...because we are made of s t a r s

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:17 am
Hey all. Was directed here by a petition and a Site Feedback thread. Happy to see such an energetic movement - I really hope we can help turn things around.

I used to be on gaia in jr. high and high school, but stopped using it. I just graduated uni and decided to check it out again because I was getting back into roleplays. I was quite dismayed at the overall tone of the site - comparing the forums to the rest of the site seems like they're two completely different places! The announcements, games, events, etc. are all cheerful and oblivious while the forums are filled with seething anger. Gaia needs a smack up the head by a clue-by-four. Quick.

As a newish member, I feel like I do not have a chance to "win" at Gaia because I do not have the irl money to spend on it. I don't have a chance to get the same items that others have, I can't have a nice aquarium, I can't participate in alchemy, and I can't even play the new games they're introducing! I feel like gaia is rigged against not only new members, but member who don't have $500 just lying around (WTELF?!) to spend on an item for an avatar that doesn't do anything. (Seriously, WTF?)

Fairly certain that any economist on the planet would give the advice: lower prices of your products marginally so that more people buy. It is better to have more people buy for a smaller amount of money than few people buying for huge amounts. It is a more responsible, safe business plan that not only breeds high customer satisfaction, but a company that stays in business for a long period of time.

I dunno. I'm just confused by what I'm seeing here. Hope we can get our voices heard.  

BPM626

Dapper Lunatic

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:21 am
BPM626
Hey all. Was directed here by a petition and a Site Feedback thread. Happy to see such an energetic movement - I really hope we can help turn things around.

I used to be on gaia in jr. high and high school, but stopped using it. I just graduated uni and decided to check it out again because I was getting back into roleplays. I was quite dismayed at the overall tone of the site - comparing the forums to the rest of the site seems like they're two completely different places! The announcements, games, events, etc. are all cheerful and oblivious while the forums are filled with seething anger. Gaia needs a smack up the head by a clue-by-four. Quick.

As a newish member, I feel like I do not have a chance to "win" at Gaia because I do not have the irl money to spend on it. I don't have a chance to get the same items that others have, I can't have a nice aquarium, I can't participate in alchemy, and I can't even play the new games they're introducing! I feel like gaia is rigged against not only new members, but member who don't have $500 just lying around (WTELF?!) to spend on an item for an avatar that doesn't do anything. (Seriously, WTF?)

Fairly certain that any economist on the planet would give the advice: lower prices of your products marginally so that more people buy. It is better to have more people buy for a smaller amount of money than few people buying for huge amounts. It is a more responsible, safe business plan that not only breeds high customer satisfaction, but a company that stays in business for a long period of time.

I dunno. I'm just confused by what I'm seeing here. Hope we can get our voices heard.

I'm doing what I can to help out, you can lend a hand with general recruitment while I go seek out Artists and Coders.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:47 pm
Greetings, My name is Tala Maxwell, I've been on Gaia since 2004 where I initially started roleplaying with a few friends before discovering the marketplace... I used to enjoy buying and selling right up until everything started going awry and prices skyrocketed... cat_sweatdrop Anyhoo, I still enjoy roleplaying, but things have started to become rather quiet with friends leaving for pastures new (That and my new job keeps me busy lol*) cat_rolleyes

I personally find it a shame that Gaia has taken an increasingly downward spiral in recent years, I used to enjoy the events where you worked for your items and didn't have to spend gold or real life cash just to get where you needed. Hopefully with Gaians putting their feet down and those in charge possibly starting to listen, things might change for the better cat_smile

Gaia has always been a place I return to, I've rarely been away from the site but must admit after the recent 'mess' that sent veteran users running for the hills, I've become a little disheartened, with everything needing to be purchased for the equivalent of £50 (or more) in real money or millions of hard earned Gold, it really upsets me to see the site the way it has become.

Like others, I'd love to see the site return to its former glory and will try my hardest to help in any way that I can cat_3nodding  

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

GettinRowdyInThePrius

Ruthless Bachelorette

12,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:57 pm
Hello, my name is Bluegeam. 😥

Been a member since 2007 (is 18 now so I started young, sheesh!).

Anyway, I'm kind of a jumper in the breedables around school time. But during the breaks I am in almost any competition I can get my hands on. I love art and dabbling in the photobucket scene.

So far I have been helping people around Gaia with their banners and signing a few threads. Its not much, but I feel it is the right thing to do and help out others.

While my skills are not top notch, I refuse to pay for the kits and other sites, I am willing and happy to create people banner. If you are ever in need of one just send me a message and we can chat. Later on tonight I will probably set up my journal with my past banners. XD meanwhile, stare at the one below.

~From your friendly neighborhood Bluegeam.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:21 pm
I've been more lurker than anything else recently. Hiding out in feedback and mainly in quest areas.

So, lurker since 03, nice to meet you all ^_^  

Moons Eternity

Lonely Prophet

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:25 pm
lunar Kyra-hime
Ello my names Kyra, ive been a member for about 7 years but went on haitus till almost a year ago, Stuck around for the RPs and my friends
I get Gcash occasionally when I can afford it but that's only every couple of months now with me having to get medication and such
It sadden me to see Gaia going the way it is and I hope the Admin will listen to us

Hi Kyra! I'm so happy you joined us! WELCOME!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:27 pm
White Flag Idiot
Hot damn, I didn't post in here? Looks like I've gotten lazy.

So ciao, the name is White, that's what you can call me here since it's what I go by on most sites anymore. I'm 23, turning 24 on November 2nd, a gore lover, happily dating user Prince Raivis who is my precious cutie pie and an avid roleplayer of 9-10 years. I love anime, cosplay, cats, tea, guro, horror/Disney films, yaoi and comic books.

I joined Gaia in 05 and this is my original, first account. Me and Gaia have had our quarrels but the site is my home if only for the userbase despite a few bad eggs in the basket I've met many a good friend here. I'm usually either lurking Site Feedback or posting in the series/ooc threads of Barton where all of my evil bidding takes place. I occasionally also enjoy blowing all my gold on art since it's all I want anymore.

Needless to say I support the site as often as I can with GC but with everything lately I've grown a little worried. I don't want to lose my home on the internet despite Tumblr eating away most of my social time now but I guess that's why I'm in this guild: Love the site, hate how it's going.

This introduction was long but whatever, I'm pretty chatty if you can't tell.

Hi White! I love long introductions, and I'm especially happy you decided to join us! WELCOME!!  

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:29 pm
Goddess Mea Seth Hotep
I am Mea, I am 23 years old and have been a Gaian since I was 14 years old back in 2004 when Gaia was new ish. I have joined this guild due to the greed and instability of the Market place increase in Gaia, I believe that the new CEO has made this happen for the soul purpose of money and segregation of all Gaians, dividing us all into the people with money, and the people who can't afford to spend money due to RL problems, the spenders have now become the priority and being greatly rewarded with an easy way out to buy their things, while the non spenders have been left out of the equation. We all can work together as one if we tried to maintain the Marketplace's inflammation, ether by discussing pricing, or, halt all Buying and selling in the marketplace till this whole thing blows over, I know we need to support Gaia and its staff members, yet they are ether taking this too far or really needing help in their daily lives and the site. Ether way this is killing Gaia, people are not having fun like they used to before all this rubbish with Flynn's Booty.

You might also be asking why am I not in a Mule....are you afraid of losing your stuff? Well, so far as I see it, what is the use of using a mule account if Gaia is going to die? If Gaia dies, I lose my Virtual Wealth anyways and have to start again somewhere else IF there is anywhere else .... so why not show I am not afraid of losing everything I have, so long as Gaia lives on! We need to work hard to preserve Gaia, we need to all stand together, payers, none payers, rich, poor, GCers, Non-GCers, it doesn't matter, we ether stand together or lose Gaia for good to the greed that has now possessed Gaia.

Well said, Goddess! You said it all so perfectly, and I couldn't agree more. I'm so happy you decided to join us!! WELCOME!!!  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games