Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Empire Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:46 am
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
And I'm ticked off. I've heard the following about the new Helblaster.

Pros:
It's now S5 at all times.
It no longer does half hits at long range.

Cons:
It rolls to hit. stare

Now, these are just rumours, but if the Rolls To Hit rumour turns out to be true I'm retiring my Helblasters. Think about it, at long range on average only 1/3 of your shots will even hit. That means if you DO somehow make 30 shots, it's still only making an average of 10 hits. Did I mention it's misfire rate and explosion rate have supposidly stayed the same?

Oh, but it's also supposidly costing 110 points now. Still not worth it. I'm going to swap them out for the S4 Mortar we're getting. 3nodding

About time that thing got nerfed. It killed way too much for way too few points.

Yeah, but at the same time it had horribly high chances of blowing up. It either kills everything or kills itself.

And I intend to look for some confirmation about this stuff this weekend. I wonder if my local GW has access to the army book yet...

Yeah, but Master Engineers stop that high chance of blowing up right away.

Actually unless they've changed it (which I've heard nothing about) Master Engineers give no benefit to the Helblaster. It's too experimental for them to know how to make it work better.

Oh, right.

I had to correct my friend on that a few weeks ago...

So that brings me back to my original point: If these rumours are true the Helblaster is being nerfed beyond belief.

I'm also having some mixed feelings regarding the new Steam Tank rules. Rumour has it they've now turned it into a 10 wound toughness 6 chariot. I'm really not sure what to think about that. I've also heard that it HAS to have a hull-mounted weapon and still uses the Steam Point system. That's what really confuses me, because if they've scrapped Hull Points how do you determine if the thing blows itself up?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:59 am
Upcoming Empire releases and prices.

Empire Army deal | 16-12-2006 | 135 Pounds
Empire Army book | 06-01-2007 | 12 Pounds
Empire General box set | 06-01-2007 | 12 Pounds
Empire State Troops box set | 06-01-2007 | 12 Pounds
Empire Battalion | 06-01-2007 | 50 Pounds
Empire Handgunners box set | 06-01-2007 | 12 Pounds
Empire Detachment box set | 06-01-2007 | 30 Pounds
Empire Pistoliers | 20-01-2007 | 12 Pounds
Ludwig Schwartzhelm | 20-01-2007 | 15 Pounds
Kurt Helborg | 20-01-2007 | 15 Pounds
Empire Warrior Priest | 20-01-2007 | 5 Pounds
Mounted Engineer on Clockwork Steed | 20-01-2007 | 10 Pounds

Surprisingly, the new troops boxed sets are cheaper then the normal kits, making me wonder if GW is trying to pull a cheap one on us by lowering the price slightly and only giving us ten models. (The box art only shows ten models on both the handgunners and State troops boxed sets) Will we be robbed by GW yet again?

The NEW Empire Battalion boxed set will contain the following:
- 10 state troops
- 10 handgunners/crossbowmen
- 8 knights
- 5 pistoliers
- 1 cannon/mortar  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:01 pm
Mac is very angry and upset right now because GW did pull a cheap one on the mentioned boxes above. He is in fact so angry that he decided to write a very angry letter telling them that he doesn't agree with the current marketing plan.

He also told me to copy-paste the following here:

Detachment: http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99120202018&orignav=13
State troops: http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99120202013&orignav=13
Handgunners: http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99120202012&orignav=13  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:55 pm
some one let me know when the new empire stuff is out please because the online store says 2007 but this months white dwarf says there already out ? _? HELP  

[DOG.the.BOUNTY.hunter]

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:51 pm
[DOG.the.BOUNTY.hunter]
some one let me know when the new empire stuff is out please because the online store says 2007 but this months white dwarf says there already out ? _? HELP

It WILL be released in 2007. Learn to read the WD correctly.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:42 am
Lt. Brookman
[DOG.the.BOUNTY.hunter]

I thought the £135 box set was out now. But allmost everything else would be released in January.  

Masada

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:11 am
Masada
Lt. Brookman
[DOG.the.BOUNTY.hunter]

I thought the £135 box set was out now. But allmost everything else would be released in January.

16th of December in the UK and NE.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:42 am
Lt. Brookman
Masada
Lt. Brookman
[DOG.the.BOUNTY.hunter]

Oh yeah it says that in White Dwarf. I have been pondering on what army is going to be my secondary army for quite a while now. But I think I am going for Empire now as they don't really excell in every area of the game. But they are not exactly horrible at any area of the game. They are sort of a jack of all trades army.  

Masada

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:16 am
Masada
Lt. Brookman
Masada
Lt. Brookman
[DOG.the.BOUNTY.hunter]

Oh yeah it says that in White Dwarf. I have been pondering on what army is going to be my secondary army for quite a while now. But I think I am going for Empire now as they don't really excell in every area of the game. But they are not exactly horrible at any area of the game. They are sort of a jack of all trades army.

They only fail to excel if you choose not to let them excel. xd

For example, with my first game against Vampire Counts following the new rules, I decided to test out the new magic rules. I took 3 Level 2 Wizards and a Level 4 Mercenary Wizard. xd What did I learn? The new magic rules suck. sweatdrop

And wait, weren't there more troops in the old State Troops box? And I HATE the new Handgunners. They ARE State Troops after all, and as such they should have uniforms more like the other State Troops...

Unless they changed that... But then they couldn't be Parent Units, and that would just suck. Though I do like how we can get 10 of them in a lone box. And the new detatchment boxes interest me too...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:23 am
We are being ******** ripped, plain and simple as can be. They ask twelve Pounds for ten men, while for just six Pounds more most other armies get a full regiment of sixteen to twenty men so to speak.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Masada

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:56 pm
Lt. Brookman
We are being ******** ripped, plain and simple as can be. They ask twelve Pounds for ten men, while for just six Pounds more most other armies get a full regiment of sixteen to twenty men so to speak.

Yeah I admitt we are being ripped off. But I am going to see if I can do a little conversion and save a little bit of money aswell.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:21 am
T'is merely another example of how GW screws the consumer.  

Daicon

Boranor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:38 pm
Masada
Lt. Brookman

Yeah I admitt we are being ripped off. But I am going to see if I can do a little conversion and save a little bit of money aswell.

Well the empire detatchment comes with 20 state troops and 10 handgunners for 45$ so thats not too bad.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:47 pm
Lt. Brookman

I think the price also represents the effectiveness of the unit, and it's place in the army; for example, those ten Handgunners could easily take down a 16-model regiment, but the entire army shouldn't be made of them.  

Faeruithir88

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:31 am
Empire gets rocket artillery and the new clockwork horse model rocks. Helblaster remains strength 5 and gives -3 on armour saves. Didn't get to read the whole box as I was just flipping through the book.

This Saturday my brother will be securing the army deal for me as for some reason they'll be releasing it early in the Netherlands and about €35 cheaper!  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games