Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
VGD:::Vidya Game Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:03 pm
Sara Hysaro
So were the foot soldiers completely useless trapped behind the cannons and archers, or did they push their way to the front eventually?

I don't know. I read a whole bunch of reviews that cited the AI doing this sort of thing consistently thus did not buy the game.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:07 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
So were the foot soldiers completely useless trapped behind the cannons and archers, or did they push their way to the front eventually?

I don't know. I read a whole bunch of reviews that cited the AI doing this sort of thing consistently thus did not buy the game.

Understandable. I personally don't mind bad AI as long as it's humorous, but if the AI is a step down from a previous entry in the series then there's no way I'd want to support the company going down that path. Hopefully the poor reviews will inspire them to make sure the AI programming isn't broken before the game is released.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:26 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

Understandable. I personally don't mind bad AI as long as it's humorous, but if the AI is a step down from a previous entry in the series then there's no way I'd want to support the company going down that path. Hopefully the poor reviews will inspire them to make sure the AI programming isn't broken before the game is released.

I'll wait and see how Civ6 will be. Although Civ5 did take out a lot of the leaders also, which doesn't make me happy either.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:59 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

I'll wait and see how Civ6 will be. Although Civ5 did take out a lot of the leaders also, which doesn't make me happy either.

Oh wow. And apparently you're supposed to be leading from prehistoric types to apparently somewhat modern times if the cover is to be believed? I can definitely understand why fewer leaders would be disappointing.

Edit; Okay, all of them appear to start way way in the past. Still, that means that there should be roughly the same number of leaders, or more if the technology has increased to accommodate it.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:09 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

Oh wow. And apparently you're supposed to be leading from prehistoric types to apparently somewhat modern times if the cover is to be believed? I can definitely understand why fewer leaders would be disappointing.

Edit; Okay, all of them appear to start way way in the past. Still, that means that there should be roughly the same number of leaders, or more if the technology has increased to accommodate it.

All leaders start way in the past. However in Civ4, England gets Queen Elizabeth I, Queen Victoria and Winston Churchill. In Civ5, England gets just Elizabeth.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:32 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

All leaders start way in the past. However in Civ4, England gets Queen Elizabeth I, Queen Victoria and Winston Churchill. In Civ5, England gets just Elizabeth.

Ah, I see what you mean. If the country got several leaders before it's jarring to see them return with just one. >.< Kinda like how people in the Pokémon were upset that they couldn't bring their Pokémon up to the new generation like they could with the 1st and 2nd gen, resulting in a smaller pool of Pokémon to use at first. Hopefully Civ6 brings them back along with an improved AI script. Plus whatever positive additions Civ5 might've had. 3nodding  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:42 pm
Sara Hysaro
Ah, I see what you mean. If the country got several leaders before it's jarring to see them return with just one. >.< Kinda like how people in the Pokémon were upset that they couldn't bring their Pokémon up to the new generation like they could with the 1st and 2nd gen, resulting in a smaller pool of Pokémon to use at first. Hopefully Civ6 brings them back along with an improved AI script. Plus whatever positive additions Civ5 might've had. 3nodding

Battles are simulated before Civ5. With Civ5, they tried to make them tactical but the AI is really bad such that you should only buy the game if you are only going to play it multiplayer.

It's frustrating when a non-online only game is only playable in one mode.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:47 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

Battles are simulated before Civ5. With Civ5, they tried to make them tactical but the AI is really bad such that you should only buy the game if you are only going to play it multiplayer.

It's frustrating when a non-online only game is only playable in one mode.

Aww, maybe they'll fix it in Civ6 so that the tactical battles are awesome even against the computer. Good idea, bad implementation. Hopefully they've recognized this and will fix it up instead of scrapping the idea completely.

Yes, yes it is. Especially if you're not particularly crazy about playing against other people you don't know, and your friends aren't always there to play with you.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:54 pm
Sara Hysaro
Yes, yes it is. Especially if you're not particularly crazy about playing against other people you don't know, and your friends aren't always there to play with you.
Ha. My friends don't even play those kind of games and no, I not particularly excited about playing against strange people.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:09 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Ha. My friends don't even play those kind of games and no, I not particularly excited about playing against strange people.

Same boat. Well, sorta. My real life friends are all too busy to hang out with me, and the only game I have that supports online play is Pokémon. My online friends do play Pokémon, but I've been kinda lazy about putting together a team specifically for that environment.

I had a pretty fun medieval fantasy game where you could build up your kingdom and fulfill specific objectives to win, but it was on my personal computer that my stepdad got rid of. It seems like my computer games were gotten rid of too, because I can't seem to find them. D=  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:24 pm
Sara Hysaro
I had a pretty fun medieval fantasy game where you could build up your kingdom and fulfill specific objectives to win, but it was on my personal computer that my stepdad got rid of. It seems like my computer games were gotten rid of too, because I can't seem to find them. D=

What game was that?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:51 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

What game was that?

I forget what it was called. I remember that your castle had a level, and you could upgrade its size up to 3 times. You could also build guilds for various groups and races who'll defend your kingdom. You couldn't have all of them though, since they don't all get along. You can't have both dwarfs and elves. The guilds you allow into the kingdom affect what sort of classes you can recruit. There are a pretty wide variety of classes you can pick from too. =D Knights, Paladins, Rangers, Wizards, Sorcerers, Berserkers, Necromancers, Rogues, a solar tribe, a lunar tribe, one that would follow your warriors to heal them...and there's a bunch that I'm forgetting. Each guild would provide a bonus to your kingdom. For instance, Rogues would gather poisonous herbs to add to their weapons, and would even give your other warriors poisoned weapons if the warrior had the gold for it.

In addition to upgrading your castle you could also upgrade pretty much every other building. For guilds, this would increase the number of people who could stay there, and usually give some sort of other bonus. There's also some other buildings. Fairgrounds give the various defenders of your kingdom a safe place to train and level up. A blacksmith will naturally strengthen weapons (and attract dwarfs if you upgrade it). A library increases the intelligence of all who study there, and teaches additional spells to wizards (I think it's required to get a sorcerer). A marketplace generates revenue and sells items for your defenders to use in combat. Upgrading that attracts elves in addition to increasing the amount of revenue you collect from it.

Battles are real time. You can't command your defenders, but you can click an area to set a reward for traveling there (good for clearing the map, especially if you don't have rangers). You can click an enemy to set a bounty on its head, so that a bunch of your defenders will group together to fight it. ^^ You could also use gold to cast various spells if you wanted. There was a pretty wide range of monsters too, all taken from various mythology. =D

I loved how many different levels the game had. For me it was a Medieval Sim City that I could actually make grow and prosper (my Sim Cities always failed xd ).  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:05 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

What game was that?

I forget what it was called. I remember that your castle had a level, and you could upgrade its size up to 3 times. You could also build guilds for various groups and races who'll defend your kingdom. You couldn't have all of them though, since they don't all get along. You can't have both dwarfs and elves. The guilds you allow into the kingdom affect what sort of classes you can recruit. There are a pretty wide variety of classes you can pick from too. =D Knights, Paladins, Rangers, Wizards, Sorcerers, Berserkers, Necromancers, Rogues, a solar tribe, a lunar tribe, one that would follow your warriors to heal them...and there's a bunch that I'm forgetting. Each guild would provide a bonus to your kingdom. For instance, Rogues would gather poisonous herbs to add to their weapons, and would even give your other warriors poisoned weapons if the warrior had the gold for it.

In addition to upgrading your castle you could also upgrade pretty much every other building. For guilds, this would increase the number of people who could stay there, and usually give some sort of other bonus. There's also some other buildings. Fairgrounds give the various defenders of your kingdom a safe place to train and level up. A blacksmith will naturally strengthen weapons (and attract dwarfs if you upgrade it). A library increases the intelligence of all who study there, and teaches additional spells to wizards (I think it's required to get a sorcerer). A marketplace generates revenue and sells items for your defenders to use in combat. Upgrading that attracts elves in addition to increasing the amount of revenue you collect from it.

Battles are real time. You can't command your defenders, but you can click an area to set a reward for traveling there (good for clearing the map, especially if you don't have rangers). You can click an enemy to set a bounty on its head, so that a bunch of your defenders will group together to fight it. ^^ You could also use gold to cast various spells if you wanted. There was a pretty wide range of monsters too, all taken from various mythology. =D

I loved how many different levels the game had. For me it was a Medieval Sim City that I could actually make grow and prosper (my Sim Cities always failed xd ).

I want to guess that you're referring to Majesty. I was given a copy of the game that I have not played. I really should give it a try.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majesty:_The_Fantasy_Kingdom_Sim  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:15 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

What game was that?

I want to guess that you're referring to Majesty. I was given a copy of the game that I have not played. I really should give it a try.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majesty:_The_Fantasy_Kingdom_Sim

Oh! That's the one! I had the Gold Addition. ^^ I wasn't sure at first, but then I Google Image searched Majesty Gold Addition and that's the box I remember! Makes sense, I had some snowy terrains to choose from when creating custom levels for freestyle play. I would definitely recommend trying it out, I had a lot of fun with it a few years ago.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:23 pm
Sara Hysaro
Oh! That's the one! I had the Gold Addition. ^^ I wasn't sure at first, but then I Google Image searched Majesty Gold Addition and that's the box I remember! Makes sense, I had some snowy terrains to choose from when creating custom levels for freestyle play. I would definitely recommend trying it out, I had a lot of fun with it a few years ago.

I will try it after playing The Sims Medieval some more.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff