Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
User Image

Hufflepuff|1st year|Muggle-Born|Single

Why must I be judged upon the purity of my blood?

Steele didn't make it and watched as the ball had sailed through the hoop, his fingertips missing it by about 2 inches. He hadn't expected at all. He started to get mad at Devin, but then he realized this must be the reason why he said to not jump too quickly. Because some chasers have the ability to look off the goal keeper. He couldn't believe how much he was learning from Devin. He taught him two lessons in about two minutes. Was Devin that good at Quidditch? Was he like the Steele of lacrosse? He really wondered how good the boy actually was. The fact that he throws with both hands is crazy enough.

Steele shook off the thoughts and got ready for one more shot, knowing that the one shot he had been fearing, and that was the blazer, or the faster shot. He feared how fast the boy could actually throw. He was only 14, but he was good. He prepared himself.

Will I ever be the same?

Bug430 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 3, 9, 2, 4, 7, 4, 4, 9, 7, 1 Total: 50 (10-100)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:06 am
Quidditch is my life, but my knowledge is who I am.
User Image

Devin Cloud

Third YearHufflepuffChaser

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

Devin saw the boy's gleam of understanding, knowing that he had learned the lesson he wanted him to learn, and that was to not jump too quickly at the quaffle, or he was going to get tricked. He didn't want that to happen during a game, for some of the chasers from the other houses did indeed have the ability to perform such a shot. Aerynn did too actually. She never really showed a trick shot, but she has looked off goalies before. It really is a tool to become a great chaser. But it is most definitely a great tool for a goalie to be aware of such times. People tend to look at the target longer when they are going to go the other way, it was a common fact.

Devin then started his third and final approach, Steele obviously knowing what shot this one was going to be. He flew and straight on, high velocity path. He cocked back his right arm, and shot it. The shot was a blazer going toward the left most goal. Devin couldn't even believe its speed. He never knew he could get the quaffle to such a velocity.

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
Bug430 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 3, 8, 3, 9, 2, 10, 9, 7, 3, 5 Total: 59 (10-100)

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:10 am
User Image

Steele tried to read the boy's eyes, but he already had an idea of where it was going to go. Well, he could rule out the right goal, due to his torso rotation. So, he shifted over to play in between the left and center goal; so he could play the ball easier. Maybe he got it, or maybe not. There was still quite the distance to cover, but it was less now. He knew he had less time to cover said distace as well. As soon as the shot took its course, he jumped to the left goal, hoping he could catch the ball flying at high velocities at him.

Will I ever be the same?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:14 am
User Image

Oh, Steele got to the ball, and even caught it, but upon contact, his hand started to sting a bit. That bloody shot hurt his hands, and as he threw the quaffle back to Devin, he looked to his hands, the color of them taking on a bright red, just about showing the tolls of the shot that had just been taken. Soon enough, the pain subsided, and Devin was at his side, congratulating him.

Will I ever be the same?

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:28 am
User Image

Devin Cloud

Devin had watched as Steele caught the ball in his hands, taking the impact of the hit like a man. Well, I think I know who our new keeper is. He should be at least. Devin thought to himself as he made his way over to Steele. When he got to him, Devin gave him a pat on the back, knowing that Steele had done a great job. He was definitely making the most out of this tryout.

"Great job kid, you learned quite a bit during my few shots. I have nothing but praise, except one thing. If you ever face that speedy shot, don't cheat over as much as you did. I could've easily pulled out and shot right, but since I told you my shots, I decided not to. Don't get me wrong, you can cheat over, but not as much, just in case they want to go the other way you could get there. Because if I went right, it was over. Nonetheless, great job Steele. You stayed calm and that is a great quality. Keep doing what you are doing. And get ready because we have a few more tryouts coming to take you off of you pedestal," Devin said, chuckling quite a bit. He knew Steele wouldn't get too anxious by the statement, knowing the kid was most definitely a composed individual, much like Devin.

Devin went over to the first years trying out. "Hawthorne, you are up. Unless you want her to go first of course, he said, pointing out the other girl. He just wanted to see some action. He also wanted to see how the first years will fair out against Steele. Maybe they will do better than Devin. Today wasn't really his day honestly. So, hopefully they did do better

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:54 am
Ⓗeather Ⓢtevia Ⓗawthorn
~First Year Hufflepuff~

User Image

—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Heather watched in awe as the third year Chaser, Devin, and her fellow first year, Steele, handled the Quaffle. She thought Steele had done well. Devin called up Ariana, the first year with the same last name as her own, only with a slight spelling difference, and Heather smiled at her and gave a few claps for her and Steele.
"Good job, Steele. And good luck, Ariana. I know you'll do great." she says.

{OOC:}

Wearing

—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

"It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation."

User Image

Click Above For A Song!

User Image

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
First Year: Hufflepuff

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana watched as Steele tried out for the team. When he finished, Devin called Ariana up. "No, I'll go!" she exclaimed, positioning herself onto her broom. She smiled at Heather when she wished her luck. "Thanks!" she said before kicking up off the ground. It took her a second to balance in the air, as this was only her second time flying on one.

wearing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:34 pm
User Image

Steele readied himself amd recalled everything that Devin had taught him, knowing that he was indeed ready to take on Ariana. She was his friend, but he was going to have to keep her from scoring to prove himself. He hoped he could, but maybe he would do worse. He stopped thinking about everything, knowing that always threw his game off. He just stared into the girl's eyes, ready to read them like a book, like Devin had taught him.

Will I ever be the same?

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:58 pm
User Image
"Only a true dream
can catch my eye

and hold me down"

Running, panting, broom in hand, Kat raced down towards the pitch. It was a trek long overdue, and Charlotte was yearning to get back on her broom. Charlotte knew she was very late, and hoped Aerynn wouldn't mind too much. She also was excited to see Devin. This year had been so crazy, she hadn't even had a chance to see him.
When Kat finally made it to the pitch, she found most everyone already in the air. Smiling, she quickly made her way to the captain. "Hey, Aerynn," she spoke, a bit nervously. "Sorry I'm so late. My grandmother recently passed and I was called home. Anything you'd like me to do?"
Charlotte hoped her captain would understand. Looking up, she saw Devin shooting against a young boy she'd never seen before. Catching his eye, she beckoned for him to come to her. She realized in that moment how much she'd missed him.

User Image

Age: 14 ❤ Relationship Status: Single ❤ Mood: Pumped ❤ Location: Quidditch Pitch

Thoughts: "Please let her understand... oh hey, it's Devin!"

[Soooooo sorry it took so long... been super busy and out of it...]  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:18 pm
User Image

Devin Cloud

Devin flew over to Ariana, hoping she would listen to him before she made her move. He finally got over to her, the two of them suspended in the air next to each other. He smiled at her as she acknowledged him. "Alright Ariana, I want you to focus on your technique. Don't try to do anything flashy, focus on the basics. Make sure you draw back your arm when shooting to get some velocity on the quaffle. Good luck Ari," he said, patting her on the back, then making his way to the side, catching a glimpse of the girl he had been waiting to see all year. His closest friend, other than Annabelle of course. She motioned him over and he flew down, got off the broom, and made his way over to her.

"Well, look who it is. Nice to see you Char," he said, hugging her. He had not seen her for quite awhile, but it really didn't hinder the relationship they had built. He made sure to shift his view to Ariana, for he needed to see her take the shot.

"Come on, get on your broom and let's get up there. I need to observe the first years," he waved her on, getting on his broom and taking off. He sat up in the air, a close distance from Ari, but not too close. He awaited Char to get up there and levitate next to him. They were the veterans now; so they had many responsibilities.

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:22 am
User Image
"Only a true dream
can catch my eye

and hold me down"

As Devin flew over and greeted Charlotte, she couldn't help but feel immensely happy and pumped. He always brought out the competitive side in her, which she loved dearly. When he invited her into the air, she was grateful. He knew her well enough to know that she'd be searching for an excuse to get airborne ASAP. Glancing at Aerynn for any sign of approval, she mounted her broom and took of as fast as she could, lapping the pitch several times before finally slowing to a hover next to Devin.
"So how was your summer, mate? Nothing but a shame I didn't get to see you." In a joking manner, she spoke loud enough for the first years to hear. "Who are these newbies?" She looked up at Devin, fire in her eyes. Now that they were both returning chasers, things were a bit different than last year. Instead of competing against each other, the two would be a team, a wall of brute force that completely destroyed any keeper that got in their way. Kat smiled at the thought, knowing that this year there would be a record number of assists.
She looked around for the quaffle, her favorite quidditch ball. She loved the way the indents fit in her hand, and how it reminded her of muggle sports. The ball was the only one not enchanted, and that was what made playing chaser so much fun- she had to do all the work. After spotting the quaffle, she eyed Devin once more, smirking, knowing that he would understand her competitive confidence. The hufflepuff team would rock this year!

User Image

Age: 14 ❤ Relationship Status: Single ❤ Mood: Pumped ❤ Location: Quidditch Pitch

Thoughts: "We are so gonna get the Quidditch Cup this year..."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana soared into the air with Devin by her side. She listened to the instructions he gave her, and nodded to show she understood.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:50 pm
User Image

"Ready when you are Ari," he said, preparing himself. He couldn't wait to say how he fares out against her. If he kept his head in the game, he was sure he could stop a few. Maybe not all of them, but at least one. He stared her down and she did likewise.

Will I ever be the same?

(OOC: Remember, roll a 10-sided dice 10 times. Just a quick refresher smile )  
kiska166 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 5, 10, 4, 10, 6, 9, 10, 10, 6, 6 Total: 76 (10-100)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:24 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana balanced perfectly well on her broom. I'm flying, she thought, closing her eyes as she soaked in the fact that this was her first time flying on a broom all by herself. I'm doing it! She opened her eyes at the sound of Steele saying her name, and she spun around to prepare for the try out. She stared into his eyes for a moment before nodding to show she was ready. Ariana drew back her arm, then chucked the quaffle towards Steele.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games