Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
Mpreg Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mpreg
  :D
  D:
View Results

Sana-Cutler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:48 am
Well for me it depends. I write it myself through not for the Harry Potter fics that I write, things get too hard for me then.

But I like it when it is well thought off and well written. But I have read so many now that I am more inclided to the idea of adoption, it is better for me now.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:44 am
I think it's cute. Ya they could always adopt but I love the creative ideas people get so they can have kids. It's interesting to read and usually makes the spouse thats not pregnant all OOC. I just find it really cute.  

bleakdesolation

Sir Shane Nickolas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:38 pm
Yeah I definitely feel like a noob now...
What's Mpreg?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:44 pm
Mpreg has always interested me, i do like it, if im looking for a new story, and i find one that says mpreg, i'll pick that over just about any other warning.

each author has there different ways of doing it, and its interesting to read the different views, you can always tell if the author has had a baby, or is consulting someone who can describe it well.  

sakura570

9,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100

xfoxemanx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:55 pm
Oy, Mpreg. Thats so far from my cup of tea.

Though, really, the main readon I dont like it is because I've never found one well written. Its always something like Harry gets preggo and is all emotion(which is practically canon XD) but then the one who put the bun in his oven gushes and declared how much they love him and how they're going to start a family, etc. ect, but its usually Draco or Snape. Sorry, I can usually handle a bit of OOC, but thats getting extreme. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:46 pm
i'm not really one for mpreg,
but if it's well written
i might give it a go.
but otherwise, sadly,
no.

r u m - r e g g a e

6,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

chocobeans

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:35 pm
I don't particularly go out looking for Mpreg fics, but I'll still read them if the summary seems interesting or it's been recommended by a friend. Harry Potter is one of the few fandoms in which Mpreg would actually work, what with magic and potions and all - if anyone would actually have the incentive to produce such potions/spells is another matter.

I only have two problems with Mpreg: 1), it has to be in a believable fandom, in other words, it has to have the means to exist. In most anime fandoms, for example, it seems ridiculous to me. The only anime I'd read Mpreg in would be Naruto, what with his Sexy-no-Jutsu and all. But that's it. And 2), Mpreg is such an unusual occurence that it just *has* to be written well. Mpreg wouldn't work in those short, cutesy fluff fics, for example. The story in question would have to have a very concrete storyline with believable characters and no plotholes.

Other than that....yeah, knock yourselves out. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:56 pm
YAY for Mpreg!!!!!!!!! I was uncomfortable about it at first, then I actually read one. Now I'm all for man-babies!!!!!!!!!  

Aliana_Silk

Draco Malfoy the One

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:47 pm
I could go either way about it, it depends on the story and how it is written.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:59 pm
I've read one that instead of m-preg, they had couldren(I really don't know how to spell it sweatdrop The thing they brew potions in) babies. That was kinda weird, but I guess no weirder than m-preg.  

bleakdesolation

Zelenyee Milaya

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:47 pm
I don't like m-preg but I deal with it. It's not that I "hate" it I just don't like it but I can stand it. I have friends who love it so I get questions about it all the time or them talking about it a lot. I rather have them adopt.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:57 am
I've always liked m-preg. It's like one of the slogans for gay rights. "Love is Love". I mean, straight couples that love each other can have children, and in this nice fantasy, gay couples can have their love expressed through their own children too.  

Kireshai

Magnetic Sex Symbol

elloshort

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:28 pm
Hm... I can only stand it if it's Harry that ends up preggers, because I just can't stand a bottom Draco. In my eyes he's dominant.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:16 pm
I don't really have to give my opinion. Sirius-Black_Snuffles already said everything I'd say!

Quote:
Mpreg is at the very top of the list titled "Things That I Won't/Don't/Can't Read"

I've never liked it, and not because no one writes it well (which usually will make me like something because I had previously seen crap authors try to use something) for lots of different reasons.

1) Physically Impossible, I doubt even magic is that advanced.
2) Ow...it hurts for a female, assuming that they do manage to have a reasonable explanation for it (and other species is not reasonable in the HPVerse) I can't even begin to imagine the pain a guy goes through.
3) It's called adoption. Most homosexual couples who want children use this method (or try to at least) and it works best in not only the Real World, but in every fandom imaginable. What fandom can't have characters either adopt or find some poor child in an alley to take care of?

I just find it far to outlandish for my tastes--and considering what I do like, that's saying a lot.

MinervaEvenstar

Madam Hare

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:10 pm
I adore a well written mpreg I find the sorties cute, then especially when our two males or females dna is combined into a tiny bundle of joy. Yay for mpreg. ^_^  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff