Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Guild Archives
Release thread - Horus Heresy & 7TV Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:05 am
Jason Kharo
Hah! It can take a siege shield aswell!
I would love to see that actual model, with the shield.

if I had a pound for every time my land raiders got stuck on some piece of terrain... I could buy another one , at least! Kingdom for a siege shield!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:41 am
Van Evok
Jason Kharo
Hah! It can take a siege shield aswell!
I would love to see that actual model, with the shield.

if I had a pound for every time my land raiders got stuck on some piece of terrain... I could buy another one , at least! Kingdom for a siege shield!

lol you and me both. I had a Chaos Land Raider that got bogged down in terrain too many times. It got blown to kingdom come during the last turn by a Basilisk  

Lunar Marionette

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:48 am
A non-GW release for a change:

Quote:
We could have made one Stug for you but that would be a bit cheap. Instead we bring you THREE variants on this popular workhouse of the German armed forces!

Sturmgeschütz! Though not as fancy, flash, or legendary as the Panther or Tiger, the StuG was quite successful in both and anti-tank and artillery roles. This mainstay of the German armored forces served on all fronts from early on through to the late war stages – it was also the most produced armored vehicle in the German arsenal. It had a low silhouette and was an easy vehicle to camouflage, which helped these tanks rack up an impressive number of destroyed enemy tanks.

Each model comes in at a cheap-cheap £20.00 / $30.78 / €23.49!

The StuG III Ausf G served from 1942 onwards and was armed with a 7.5 cm StuK 40 L/48 gun. This version of the StuG was fitted with schurzen in 1943 as added protection from anti-tank rifles.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Next up, we have the StuG III Ausf G Saukopf (Pig's Head) or Topfblende. This was a later version (1943) of the tank where the box mantlet was abandoned. Instead, a more organic shaped mantlet was put into action. This new shape deflected incoming shots much more effectively.

Lastly we have self-propelled gun version of the StuG – the Sturmhaubitze 42 10.5cm SPG. These were designed to provide infantry support via a 105mm howitzer.

You can purchase them here: http://shop.warlordgames.co.uk/tanks-345-c.asp  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:57 am
It should be pointed that the STuG's are all 28mm scale, more or less the same scale as 40k and many other companies. wink  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:02 am
I'll put up a size comparison shot of a Bolt Action tank and infantryman alongside a Russ and Cadian of GW when I've got them.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:46 am
With my initial force of Dark Eldar being finished I think I will get my eyes back to Skaven (until my beloved Orcs and Goblins make their return in March), Ikkit just caught my eyes and I think my love for Skryre is back again. <3  

Shinobi_8745

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:24 am
Skaven pre-orders for January are up:

Hell Pit Abomination:

Skaven Uniform and Heraldry book:

Warp Grinder:

Doom Flayer:

Tretch Craventail:

Ikit Claw:

Warp Cannon / Plague Catapult:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:23 am
Dont forget the re-releases for Space Marines.

Marneus Calgar in power armour

Bjorn the Fell Handed

Ultramarines Honour Guard and Champion

Njall Stormcaller in the classic power armour

No need to get pictures as most of the models are well known especially the Ultramarines.  

Lunar Marionette

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:29 am
And in April we see the release of Codex: Grey Knights. Model wise its all being kept under wraps, but it will likely include a Grey Knights in power armour, and in Terminator Armour.

Wonder if any members of the Ordo Hereticus will be making a return.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:10 am
Full article on Grey Knights:

Quote:
As the Emperor prepared for his final confrontation with the traitor Horus, he granted one final gift to Mankind, a safeguard and protection against the horrors of the Warp - the Grey Knights. A brotherhood of warriors as elite as they are secretive, the Grey Knights are a shining line of silvered steel that stands between humanity and the Daemons of Chaos.

Trained as the mightiest paragons of mental fortitude and martial discipline in the Imperium, the Grey Knights maintain a vigilant watch for daemonic incursion, responding wrathfully against the scions of the Dark Gods, and those who dally with them.

Clad in baroque Terminator armour and wielding powerful weapons such as storm bolters and Nemesis force weapons, the Grey Knights tear through the enemy, unleashing an onslaught of psychic powers and sorcery to sunder the foe.

The Grey Knights are an unstoppable force, the manifestation of the Emperor's will, valiant warriors who willingly sacrifice their own humanity so that Mankind itself can endure.

This April Games Workshop releases Codex: Grey Knights, alongside a comprehensive range of fantastically detailed Citadel miniatures. Although details are being kept firmly under wraps for now, you can expect an exciting selection of plastic kits to enable you to build your own Grey Knights army.

Over the coming weeks we'll be releasing more details both here on the Games Workshop website and also in the pages of White Dwarf - to ensure you're the first to get the news, make sure you subscribe to the Games Workshop newsletter and keep an eye on the What's New Today blog.

As for the Sisters of Battle, yes they will make a return, in plastic, by Jes Goodwin. But they are still some (read: at least a year or two) time off. What rumours there are about them are that the boxed sets will have new bolter versions, reworked power armour with lace and veil options for the heads, as a throwback to their old "Brides of the Emperor" title. They will also be getting a new Rhino variant for their Dominion squads. Other than that, not much else is known.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:11 am
While I'm at it:

Bolt Action Cromwell tank makes a return only question is how long before it is retired again!

Quote:
The most produced Cruiser tank the European theatre! Armed with a potent 75mm gun and with good cross country performance this vehicle was more than a match for the venerable Panzer IV! Though sadly it was still outclassed by the German “Big Cats”! Cromwells were used in the 7th armoured division and in the armoured recce regts of the Guards and 11th Armoured Divisions. Even the 6th Airborne armoured recce regt acquired about 8 Cromwells in Normandy and kept hold of them during the Winter fighting in “The Bulge”.

Contents:
* One Cromwell Mk IV tank
* Resin hull/tracks and turret
* Metal machine guns, lights, spotlight, shackles, main gun barrel and opening commanders and drivers hatches.

It can be found here for £20.00 / €23.79 / $30.88  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:33 am
Cromwell VII was good tank, but 2 years too late... in 1942 it would be formidable against PzIII and PzIV, by 1944 it was facing ever larger numbers of Panthers , not to mention occasional Tiger...  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:53 am
I think you are mixing up names, I think you mean the Sherman tank. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:20 am
Lt. Brookman
I think you are mixing up names, I think you mean the Sherman tank. wink

Thats why most allied tanks on D-Day were Shermans, not Cromwells razz
Brits took 2 years to create equivalent of something they already had...
Though Fireffly was great marriage of Sherman chassis with 17pounder cat-killer...
BTW, what is your source for GK info? any links?  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:34 am
The GK announcement can be found on the GW site or over at their Facebook or Twitter account.

I pick up the odd snippets from the Dakka Dakka threads. While I am a full-time Dakkite now (with this place being so dead we all move on), rumour threads of armies that don't catch my fancy are mostly ignored  
Guild Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games