Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]
Ravenclaw Common Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Verya Sylvani

Moonlight Stalker

11,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:11 pm

"Oh, I'm sure I could manage diplomatic relations with other creatures as well in the future, its just being stuck at home gnomes were the only thing nearby I had the chance to 'practice' so to speak. I'm still amazed at how this invention of yours works though, it really is quite spectacular."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:50 am
[[Sorry I haven't been on much recently. You guys are amazing though, already posting so much. I'm in the middle of uni exams, so I'll be on way more in about a week.]]

Lyra greets the two new Ravenclaws, struggling to contain her excitement at finally having some company in the otherwise deserted common room. "I'm Lyra. I hope you'll like it here, Myles and Louis. It really is a wonderful place."

Lyra stares in wide-eyed wonder at the little dancing ballerina, controlling her urge to take it apart to see how it works. It's just too beautiful to take apart. It really seems to be... alive, almost. "That's truly amazing."

"As for your question, Louis, there were a couple others sorted into Ravenclaw this term, but they have not shown up yet." (You are the first two active Ravenclaws in quite a while. sweatdrop )

[[I got about 30 chapters into FullMetal Alchemist at one point, but have not read any of it since. I have heard it is quite good, so I think I shall have to continue reading it at some point.]]

Lyra Elizabeth

Verya Sylvani

Moonlight Stalker

11,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:55 am

[FMA is pretty good i started a while back just recently finished though. Also i heard bout how inactive ravenclaw has been according to my sources and i told him i planned on changing that razz ]

"Hey Lyra, it really is amazing isn't it." Louis turned back to Myles I'm sure the ballerina it was modeled after would be very appreciative.By the way does your invention have a name yet?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:48 pm
"No name as yet. It's just a puppet with an array of thin metal cords inside. Irregularly shaped discs change the tension on the cords and make it move. And of course the whole movement mechanism is in a rotating drum. The bottom of the drum turns at a constant pace, but the parts where it the figure turns more slowly, the upper part of the drum with the puppet mechanisms is being pressed against the outer wall to increase the drag. A secondary spring saves up all that energy for the finale where the figure pirouettes rapidly. That's the part I had to figure out most of, and it's simple compared to the realistic movements of the puppet, most of which, again, I didn't arrange."  

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100

Verya Sylvani

Moonlight Stalker

11,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:53 pm

(sounds like youve actually made this)

"You make it sound like it was such an easy task to make this and your being far to modest to take any credit for it. We should make a giant sculptor of something like this and stick it in the castle courtyard to show our school pride or something like that."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:04 pm
(I'm just a bit familiar with the workings of similar devices. I probably could make it if I sat down to do it, it'd take a few years and it wouldn't be that small, but it could be done.)

"You can have a copy of the schematics. I'm going to be working on something else."

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100

Verya Sylvani

Moonlight Stalker

11,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:24 pm

"That would be great actually, could be a sort of on the side project thing. May I ask what it is you intend on working on during the school year then?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:11 pm
"How much do you know about golems?"  

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100

Lyra Elizabeth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:38 am
[[I'm glad you want to change that (the inactivity). DFC1995 (Noelle) is also active too. She hasn't posted here yet, but has been posting in the Hogwarts Express. You guys can post there too if you want. It should be going back to Hogwarts at some point.]]  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:15 am
((Eh, the Express can do without me until it turns around. This place needs some activity. How about some Ravenclaw-style door-knocker questions? Anyone have any?))  

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100

Verya Sylvani

Moonlight Stalker

11,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:57 pm

(that sounds like a good idea mylian, i dont have any but im sure i could think of several)

"I don't really know much about golems, they always seemed a little dangerous to try conversing with as an underage wizard. Why do you ask? You know a golem that needs talking to?" Louis laughed a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:01 pm
"Well, you wouldn't have much of an interesting conversation. A golem is simply an inanimate structure given the semblance of animation. It can only follow the instructions written on or inside it. However, that's only the basic principle. The art of their making has been developed and refined in multiple ways over the years. I simply plan on exploring some of these."

He looks thoughtful for a moment. "If you did find one you could converse with, I'd be wary if I were you. You know what they say about inanimate objects thinking for themselves. Almost always dark magic involved."

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100

Verya Sylvani

Moonlight Stalker

11,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:39 pm
"Like I said, i wouldn't normally attempt diplomatic relations with Golems while I am so inexperienced."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:45 pm
He grins slyly. "Want to see one?"  

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100

Verya Sylvani

Moonlight Stalker

11,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:20 pm
"Sure i'd love to see what other cool tricks you have up your sleeve."  
Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games