Welcome to Gaia! ::

Coffee Stains & Crumpled Paper -- A Writers Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for writers of all kinds. 

Tags: writing, prose, poetry, writers, reading 

Reply Roleplay
Dragon Chronicles:Gods of War, and Times of Peace OPEN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:58 pm
Longshot smirked. "He's been asked, a few times. The only thing he stars in in the Shadow Corp recuritment adverts, and he gets out of that whenever he can." Longshot grinned. "I don't know why, I'd love to have my face being broadcasted all over the Union." He sighed, turning away, his right hand drifting to his neck, where a pair of dogtags rested.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:10 pm
"I should have known. He does everything, doesn't he?" Delia shook her head slightly. "I don't know why they don't ask you though. What, with your, devilish looks, there'd be recruits left right and center." She laughed and again looked around the building for signs of anything coming. This time though, there was something heading towards the building, a vehicle of some sort. She turned back to Longshot. "There's a vehicle coming, is it Angel?"  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:18 pm
Longshot glanced at Delia, then tapped his ear. "Echo Zero Zero, this is Delta Zero Zero, what is your location." Longshot waited for a minute, before shaking his head. "No response.... Alpha Zero Zero, this is Delta Zero Zero, over." Again, he waited. "... we're being jammed, that must be a Remnant ship."
Longshot pushed himself up, grabbing his rifle and limping towards a window. He held the scope up to his eye, and sighed. "Remnant Troop Transport, they obviously have a jammer on board." He chuckled. "I wonder how well they fly without a pilot."

BANG! "Boom. Headshot." He chucked, limping back towards the wall, as a large explosion rocked the building. "Those guys don't even have shield around the cockpit, it's easy as hell to just snipe the pilot and wipe them all out."

"Delta Zero Zero, this is Echo Zero Zero, move to the roof for Evac, over."
"And here she comes... Roger that Echo Zero Zero, Delta Zero Zero and Delta Five Four moving to the evac point." Longshot pointed up, before limping towards the stairs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:31 pm
Delia quickly followed Longshot towards the stairs, only briefly glancing back at the remnant ship outside the building. She noticed Longshot's limp, and before they started ascending the stairs she offered her arm for him to lean on.

"You may not think it's that bad, but seriously, they're bullet wounds, gererally someone doesn't walk after that."  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:45 pm
Longshot smirked. "Well, humans don't. And trust me, the Puppeteer's Spirit Threads hurt a HELL lot more... besides, my nanites are dulling the pain." He tapped his nose. "Also, don't forget, very few weapons use solid rounds these days, most are energy rounds, and they can be dulled by the use of certain materials, and spells. However, I am never one to say no to help." He grinned and he took Delia's arm, limping a little quicker up the stairs.

As they reached the top, there was a full squad of Shadow Corp soldiers, spread out on the roof, as one of them in the back of the transport ship signalled them over. "Sir! We gotta move! Enemy fighters confirmed in the area." Longshot nodded, limping towards the ship.
"Alright, everyone on boa-GET THE ******** DOWN!" Longshot shoved Delia into the ship, as he pulled his rifle free and started firing off shots. "EAST! FIGHTER WING!"
"ECHO SQUAD ON BOARD NOW!" One of the soldiers shouted, firing off a few bursts of bullets at the ships. "JACKSON! SUPPRESSIVE FIRE!" One of the soldiers rush towards the edge of the building, bringing a rather large machine gun to bear on the fighters. "MOVE IT!"
Longshot kept shooting, leaning against the ship. "Dammit.... GET DOWN!" He roared, stepping forward, as the two soldiers left, dived to the ground. "TWELVE POINT SEAL!" Longshot brought his rifle up, small bolts of yellow lightning sparking along the edge. "THUNDER CANNON!" A small ball appeared on the end, growing rather large before collapsing on itself into a tiny sphere. The sniper roared, as he let lose his mana, the beam turning every around him white, and completely cutting out any sound, as the yellow beam raced towards the fighters.

Then, there was an ear splitting screech, and a massive explosion, as the fighters, and the near by buildings, were divested, in a massive explosion. "Take THAT you stupid bastards!" Longshot shouted, before collapsing.
"Jackson, grab Longshot! We're LEAVING!" One of the soldiers stood up, grabbing Longshot by the soldiers and dragging him onto the ship, as the other scanned the air, then jumped on and slammed the door shut. "GO GO GO!"

The engines started to whine, as the transport shot up, into space, and towards one of the hundreds of ships on orbit... The Excalibur.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:59 pm
Delia watched the fight in a state of shocked awe, almost. There was probably some fear hidden in her, but all she felt was the excitement, the adrenaline. But also the frustration, she was still a liability until she had some proper training, she couldn't jump out and help, she could only get out of the way. Her resolve only strengthened though, she would gain all the skills needed, she would do as fast as possible, and she would kick some Remnant a**.

She jumped out of the way of the people coming onboard and squeezed into the furthest seat. her hands gripped the edges of the seat as the ship blasted off towards the sky beyond. When she saw that it was the Excalibur they were headed to, she smiled slightly, she was curious about the gigantic ship. It was the one she thought she would be going to during the whole first part of the test, so she felt the tiniest bit relieved that she would, even quite late, get to follow that last instruction.  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:08 pm
As the ship landed, a medical team lifted Longshot out, and onto a strecher, before rushing off, towards the medical bay.
"Well..." One of the soldiers spoke, hitting his helmet. "That was fun." He then walked off, muttering to himself.
"Delia!" Angel was walking towards her. "Go grab some shuteye, Reaper will want to see you when we're done..." And with that, she was gone, chasing the medics.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:50 pm
Delia nodded at Angel before she rushed off. She wanted to run after Longshot, to see if he'd be alright, but his words of 'I've had worse' kept her from following. Besides, rest seemed like the perfect thing to do right then. Her feet felt as if they were attatched to cement blocks, they way they dragged on the floor. In the field she had been able to ignore the lingering headache and fatigue, but now that she was standing safe onboard the Excalibur, it got to her. Rest, sounded perfect.

A thought occured to her, she had a room on the Black Dawn, but this was a different ship. She didn't even know where the crew quarters were. Assuming that the Excalibur was hooked up to SAIC as well, she tapped behind her ear and asked;

"Umm, SAIC? I'm at a bit of a loss here, do you think you could show me where I should go?"  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:59 pm
"Well, Delia, that depends on where you want to go." There was a buzzing, as SAIC appeared near the hanger door, smiling. At the same time, three lines, a red, blue and a green one appeared. "The red one will take you to a room, that has been assigned to you, the blue to the mess hall, and the green to the infirmary, incase you have any injuries."

There was a lot of clattering, as people started to run around the hanger, someone shouting something about a fighter wing. Then the Excalibur shook slightly, and SAIC shrugged. "Don't worry about that Delia, a few enemy ships survived the inital combat, however they aren't a threat, they won't even get through the shields."

(back soon, dinner time)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:12 pm
Delia listened to SAIC's instructions and started walking along the red line, sleep was what she wanted in that moment. She was pretty sure that the only injuries she had were some minor cuts and bruises.

She looked back around the hangar when it shook, sure that SAIC was right. A ship this big would be sure to have some formidable shields. Delia stepped out of the way of some people running about and left the hangar, still following the red line. It didn't take too long to get to the room it stopped at. She opened the door to find a room almost identical to the one on the Black Dawn she had occupied briefly.

Delia went inside and closed the door behind her, she immediatly unslung the Katana from her back and dropped it on the ground. Her boots and everything else cumbersome soon followed before she dropped onto the bed. She was still filthy and covered in bruises, but a small smile was on her face as she fell asleep.  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:41 pm
Reaper started to cough, patting his chest. "Damn, got something in my throat."
"Probably from that bazooka dude you blew up boss." One of the soldiers, sitting across from Reaper said, with a laugh.
"Actually, I think it had something to do to with that tank you cut in half." The soldier on Reaper left said, with a grin.

As the transport landed in the Excalibur's hanger, scorch marks and bullet holes riddling the sides, there was a cheer, echoing through out the ship. One by one, the soldier's disembarked, before Reaper, his black armour coated with different colours of blood, stepped onto the floor, rubbing the back of his neck. As he made his way towards his room, all over the ship people were dancing, singing, and otherwise enjoy a major victory. They had just demolished a Fortress world, in a matter of hours. It was a feat worthy of the history books.
"SAIC, what is Delia currently doing?"
"Sleeping, Reaper."
"As soon as she wakes up, tell her to come to my room, I need to speak to her."
Reaper walked through an open door, in a room slightly larger than Delia's. It had a larger bed, and a holographic strategic map table, which was currently off.

Reaper started to remove his bloodied armour, and walked into the bathroom, turning the shower on. He glanced at the mirror, seeing the scars all over his chest, arms, and stomach. He chuckled, as he stepped into the shower. "At least I can't really feel pain."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:51 pm
Loud cheering wok Delia, startled, she proceeded to fall off of her bed nad bacng her head on the floor.

"s**t," she said, rubbing her head. She sat up slowly, still groggy. She brushed her hair back from her face and found it full of debris and dust. She hadn't bothered to clean up and now she could feel the grim on her skin. "Gross."

She stood up and walked over to the mirror, she managed to brush most of the dust from her hair, and she hid the rest by putting it up into a fresh ponytail. SAIC's voice startled her in her quiet room.

"Delia, Reaper has asked that you come see him. I'll direct you."

"Oh, okay." Delia quickly wiped her face with a cloth and water before leaving, and deciding she was at least presentable, left to see Reaper. She followed the lines on the floor provided by SAIC and soon she was there.

((dinner for me now))  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:00 pm
Reaper yawned, a towel wrapped around his waist, as he started to dry his hair with another towel.
"Well well well, you're actually getting washed Jack?"
"Yes, Louise, I am... you wouldn't believe how much old blood smells." Reaper started to laugh, as Louise rested her chin on his shoulder, looking into the mirror in front of him. "Come on, get ready, SAIC just told me Delia is on her way."
"Oh?" Reaper stood up, dissappearing into a side room, then reappearing in black shorts, and a black t-shirt. "Well, all done." He grinned, and sat down in one of the chairs, picking up a book from the table next to it, and started reading. "Ah... been a while since I just got to relax. Not read this in ages."
"Well, enjoy your meeting, I'm starving." And with that, Louise was gone, leaving a smiling Jack, who looked very, very relaxed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:08 pm
Delia approached the door and knocked, wondering what Reaper wanted to see her for. Hopefully confirmation that all she'd done had been enough to get her a permanent position with the Shadow Corp. No matter hpw much Longshot had told her that he thought of her as already a part of the team, she still wanted to hear it from the bigshot himself. She lowered her hand and waited.  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:14 pm
Jack smiled. "It's open Delia, come on in."
Right Jack... thinking about this, where would she fit in? Delta? Possibly.... Alpha? Probably not. She's not the offensive type, she's more suited to.... well, what Delta does, but still.... Ah! Got it, but it'll take some doing... He took a deep breath, still flicking through the book, as his mind started to work out how he was going to do this.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff