Welcome to Gaia! ::

21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild designed for older Gaians, particularly artists and geeks. 

Tags: Twenty One Plus, Artists, Geek, Forum 

Reply 21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild
"Getting to Know You" Post your Introduction Here Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:02 pm
Fukii
1. Screenname/Real First Name: Fukii / Michele
2. Age/Years On Gaia: 25 / Registered with Gaia in 2003 -- went on hiatus for a couple of years, then came back. I'm off an on with the site since old friends are now gone.
3. Occupation/Schooling: Part-time bookkeeper / Full-time student (biology major, CJ minor)
4. Would you be a Ninja or Pirate? Tough choice. Too tough.
5. Artist, Geek, or Both? Geek who wishes she was also an artist.

6. Pets? Funny Stories? Etc. ???? I have one dog, but my mother's caring for him right now since I can't keep pets where I live at the moment. His name is Cinnamon and he's a red-haired toy poodle. I won't be taking him back once I move from here because Mom's gotten too attached to him, and he's more her dog now than he is mine. Dx I've been thinking about getting a pet rat since I'm very much a pet person and miss having one around, and I'm pretty sure I can get away with a rat at my apartment... but, I'm also very busy and probably won't have much time for the poor thing, so that probably isn't going to happen. xP No funny stories at the moment, but I'll be sure to post a few in the future. I love movies and dark but child-like/whimsical things (think Tim Burton). I miss being in shape, so I'm starting to get back into exercising, so no doubt you'll probably hear tale of my woes and triumphs. And, I've also recently discovered DDR -- I plan to take over the world with my mad skillz... once I actually develop them.

That's it for now, hope to get to know you all real soon. ^^

In reply to the rat, are you a 'busy at home' person or a 'busy away' person? Cause if you're busy at home, a rat will be happy to just hang out with you when s/he's not goofing off on his/her own.

As for movies, we'll get along, I work at a video store!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:13 am
Fukii
1. Screenname/Real First Name: Fukii / Michele
2. Age/Years On Gaia: 25 / Registered with Gaia in 2003 -- went on hiatus for a couple of years, then came back. I'm off an on with the site since old friends are now gone.
3. Occupation/Schooling: Part-time bookkeeper / Full-time student (biology major, CJ minor)
4. Would you be a Ninja or Pirate? Tough choice. Too tough.
5. Artist, Geek, or Both? Geek who wishes she was also an artist.

6. Pets? Funny Stories? Etc. ???? I have one dog, but my mother's caring for him right now since I can't keep pets where I live at the moment. His name is Cinnamon and he's a red-haired toy poodle. I won't be taking him back once I move from here because Mom's gotten too attached to him, and he's more her dog now than he is mine. Dx I've been thinking about getting a pet rat since I'm very much a pet person and miss having one around, and I'm pretty sure I can get away with a rat at my apartment... but, I'm also very busy and probably won't have much time for the poor thing, so that probably isn't going to happen. xP No funny stories at the moment, but I'll be sure to post a few in the future. I love movies and dark but child-like/whimsical things (think Tim Burton). I miss being in shape, so I'm starting to get back into exercising, so no doubt you'll probably hear tale of my woes and triumphs. And, I've also recently discovered DDR -- I plan to take over the world with my mad skillz... once I actually develop them.

That's it for now, hope to get to know you all real soon. ^^

Glad to have you part of the group! ^_^ I think you'll fit in perfectly Michele. I'll write a better welcome later- I'm afraid for now the homework it beckons. Don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any!  

AntoniaMerEnfant
Captain

fukii

Spicy Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:43 am
@ Punk Fox TH: 'Busy-away' person. ;__; Between school, my job and caring for my youngest brother (he's living with me right now so he can attend the school here), I'm always running around. I'm only at home at night these days. But I've always wanted a pet rat. I'll get one someday. On the other note, movies abound! ~ heart

@ AntoniaMerEnfant: Thank you. ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:18 pm
Fukii
@ Punk Fox TH: 'Busy-away' person. ;__; Between school, my job and caring for my youngest brother (he's living with me right now so he can attend the school here), I'm always running around. I'm only at home at night these days. But I've always wanted a

Yeah, alot of pets are bad choices for busy away.

Snakes are good, ten, fifteen minutes a day is all they need!

As for movies, I need to update my review thread.  

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

fukii

Spicy Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:33 pm
Punk Fox TH

Too bad snakes aren't warm-blooded, lol. Plus, I think I'd be too squeamish trying to feed one. xP

Review thread?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:00 pm
Snakes are TOTALLY Awesome! whee  

Lushiously Lucky

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:09 pm
Fukii
Punk Fox TH

Too bad snakes aren't warm-blooded, lol. Plus, I think I'd be too squeamish trying to feed one. xP

Review thread?

Since I work in a movie store, I get to see alot of movies at little ((Read free.)) cost.

So I opened a thread to post my thoughts on various films I see. It's also the place for everyone to post their own reviews. It's here in the guild.

Crystal: I totally agree, we had a California king we tamed for years until he escaped during a snow storm. crying RIP Speedy.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:13 am
1. Screenname/Real First Name
Kaira Van Boukoul/Monique

2. Age/Years On Gaia.
25/6,5 I think? I tend to disappear every now and then for periods of time.. sweatdrop

3. Occupation/Schooling
Currently unemployed

4. Would you be a Ninja or Pirate?
Pirate! Har pirate

5. Artist, Geek, or Both?
I guess that would depend on your definition on both. I do write poetry when I feel like it.
As for the 'geek' well.. I do like LARP, RPGs and MMORPGs, along with that I usually get along with the 'nerdy'/'geeky' people mrgreen , I wear glasses <.<, I'm not astmatic (sp) though

6. Pets? Funny Stories? Something for which other guild members can remember you by and make a connection to you based upon common interests????
Pets:
3 Ferrets (Thor, Julius & Noa)
2 Parakiets (Jacobus & Jacoba)
1 Parrot (Coco)
1 Dog - Looking to add one - (Kira)
2 Cats (Sylvester & Micky)

Funny Stories:
Err... Right now? Usually I can come up with something or the other that happend, but right now erm.. yeah ^_^

About me:

I love sarcastic & dry humor
I live in the Netherlands
I used to study to become a sys-op
I am female
I love computers
I am a Pagan at heart
I respect other people until they prove they're not worth it
I read a lot
I don't really like to talk about myself that much
I never know what to ask people about themselfes
I can be rather childish
I mostly listen to Rock and Punk music
I want to become a bartender in either a rock-cafe or a Dutch Coffee-shop [read legal weed-store-thing There's no English word for it!]
I am a member of one of the few LARP groups in the Netherlands (Vortex ftw!)
I smoke
I think that's about it right now xD. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask =) I'd like to think of myself as a friendly, open-minded and open-hearted person smile

MonienNijntje

Hopping Bunny

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:00 am
Kaira Van Boukoul
About me:
I love computers
I am a Pagan at heart
I read a lot
I can be rather childish
I LARP
I think that's about it right now xD. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask =) I'd like to think of myself as a friendly, open-minded and open-hearted person smile

You and I have a lot in common! I didn't train to be a sys-op, but I'm going to be going to school for programming and business management. I'm a 'hard core' gamer as I mentioned in the other thread. Mostly tabletop, and I love it. I like LARP in theory, but hate most of the local groups.

When you say RPGs, do you mean tabletop, video, or both?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:16 am
Punk Fox TH

You and I have a lot in common! I didn't train to be a sys-op, but I'm going to be going to school for programming and business management. I'm a 'hard core' gamer as I mentioned in the other thread. Mostly tabletop, and I love it. I like LARP in theory, but hate most of the local groups.

Both, eventhough most groups around here won't allow girls sweatdrop They're really prejudice against 'geeky' girls around here so I usually stick to the computer games or free fantasy tekst roleplay (chat called the Keep)

I had to break off my study though, unfortunately (hurray for mental illnesses xp - I'm bipolar)

I ran into my LARP group 'by accident' they aren't really local but a national group seeing as LARP isn't a really widespread hobby around here wink

Around here 'geeky' things are really hard to come by anyway, I live in a small town and the nearest 'city' is full of farmers and likewise-thinking people xP. So not a lot of people around to 'geek out' with xD

Hurray for gaia wink  

MonienNijntje

Hopping Bunny

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:41 am
Kaira Van Boukoul
Punk Fox TH

Both, eventhough most groups around here won't allow girls sweatdrop They're really prejudice against 'geeky' girls around here so I usually stick to the computer games or free fantasy tekst roleplay (chat called the Keep)

I had to break off my study though, unfortunately (hurray for mental illnesses xp - I'm bipolar)

I ran into my LARP group 'by accident' they aren't really local but a national group seeing as LARP isn't a really widespread hobby around here wink

Around here 'geeky' things are really hard to come by anyway, I live in a small town and the nearest 'city' is full of farmers and likewise-thinking people xP. So not a lot of people around to 'geek out' with xD

Hurray for gaia wink

I live in Delaware in the US, safely described as what happens when the Ghetto invades the farmland. A few game stores, but they die frequently.

If you like tabletop games, you should check out the link in my sig. [/shameless plug] And yes, without the internet, I'd likely strangle myself on an ethernet cord.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:55 am
Punk Fox TH

I live in Delaware in the US, safely described as what happens when the Ghetto invades the farmland. A few game stores, but they die frequently.

If you like tabletop games, you should check out the link in my sig. [/shameless plug] And yes, without the internet, I'd likely strangle myself on an ethernet cord.

I probably go as far as strangle myself.. (on the other hand...) but I'd probably be a pretty miserable drunk xd  

MonienNijntje

Hopping Bunny

Headhunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:12 pm
Kaira Van Boukoul
1. Screenname/Real First Name
Kaira Van Boukoul/Monique

2. Age/Years On Gaia.
25/6,5 I think? I tend to disappear every now and then for periods of time.. sweatdrop

3. Occupation/Schooling
Currently unemployed

4. Would you be a Ninja or Pirate?
Pirate! Har pirate

5. Artist, Geek, or Both?
I guess that would depend on your definition on both. I do write poetry when I feel like it.
As for the 'geek' well.. I do like LARP, RPGs and MMORPGs, along with that I usually get along with the 'nerdy'/'geeky' people mrgreen , I wear glasses <.<, I'm not astmatic (sp) though

6. Pets? Funny Stories? Something for which other guild members can remember you by and make a connection to you based upon common interests????
Pets:
3 Ferrets (Thor, Julius & Noa)
2 Parakiets (Jacobus & Jacoba)
1 Parrot (Coco)
1 Dog - Looking to add one - (Kira)
2 Cats (Sylvester & Micky)

Funny Stories:
Err... Right now? Usually I can come up with something or the other that happend, but right now erm.. yeah ^_^

About me:

I live in the Netherlands
I used to study to become a sys-op
I am female
I love computers
I am a Pagan at heart
I read a lot
I can be rather childish
I mostly listen to Rock and Punk music
I want to become a bartender in either a rock-cafe or a Dutch Coffee-shop [read legal weed-store-thing There's no English word for it!]
I am a member of one of the few LARP groups in the Netherlands (Vortex ftw!)
I smoke

Ahoy there!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:14 pm
Welcome to the Guild Kaira! Hope to get to know you! *scatters old pokemon cards in welcome*

It's what I have... confetti is overrated....  

Harmony Note

chiwarriorcelesti

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:02 pm
Kaira Van Boukoul
Punk Fox TH

Hurray for gaia wink
Welcome to the guild fellow geek gamer. Despite you living in the Netherlands, you actully must be living in a parrell(sp?) universe to wyoming. Sounds exactly like where I live currently.... sweatdrop  
21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff