Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Film Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Panthino the Moth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:58 am
mis_3a
I'm looking forward to Hot Fuzz.

Me too. whee  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:07 pm
Vanilla Pod
Did anybody see Layer Cake? I thought that was very good. I heard it lost something like 1/3 of its potential profit by having such obscure advertising that nobody knew what it was about eek .

Fantastic film nonetheless.

Saw Hot Fuzz yesterday evening, thoroughly enjoyed it actually. I thought Shaun of the Dead was good, but in my view this film makes it rather redundant.

Invictus_88
Captain

Rev.Matt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:44 am
Sunshine is the one to watch out for.
It looks sooooooooo good.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:49 am
There's been much talk of "300", but it looks dire.  

Invictus_88
Captain

Panthino the Moth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:04 am
Invictus_88
Saw Hot Fuzz yesterday evening, thoroughly enjoyed it actually. I thought Shaun of the Dead was good, but in my view this film makes it rather redundant.

I cried with laughter. Again.

A couple of girls I know, though, went to see it and walked out halfway through. gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:35 pm
Panthino the Moth
Invictus_88

I cried with laughter. Again.

A couple of girls I know, though, went to see it and walked out halfway through. gonk

Perhaps it was too Briitsh for them, it does seem that a lot of people attend films with some quite foreign expectations.

confused  

Invictus_88
Captain

Smigg-the-Miserable

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:25 pm
Invictus_88

It is rather fantastic. And there are just so many brilliant moments in it. Having Bill Bailey in also helps.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:55 pm
Working at a cinema helps mrgreen
I get to see films for free.  

Rev.Matt

xXx White Lily xXx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:05 am
Invictus_88
agreed 3nodding
as for Hot Fuzz, it was a bit gory for my liking (I'm ridiculously squemish) but had some very funny moments

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:53 pm
Invictus_88

I loved it. Absolutely brilliant. I am still in shock.  

Rev.Matt

RubyOpal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:47 pm
Smigg-the-Miserable
Invictus_88

It is rather fantastic. And there are just so many brilliant moments in it. Having Bill Bailey in also helps.

I thought it was absolutely fantastic. And to use a phrase I have never used before I was LMAO. Genius. And unlike Shaun it had a proper ending. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:47 pm
http://www.myspace.com/takinglibertiesuk

It is important that we have fillms like this. I don't see it and can't judge, and yes it may perhaps be accused of sensationalism, but it is of great and fundamental importance that such caustic (and amusing) media backlash is possible.

Why has it not happened in America?

Central website here.  

Invictus_88
Captain

Creatio ex Nihilo

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:47 pm
Rev.Matt

It is the best Science Fiction film I think I've seen in months, if not years. Sooo good. Absolutely worth it all.
I liked the woman who took care of the ship's garden. She was likeable.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:55 pm
Invictus_88
http://www.myspace.com/takinglibertiesuk

It is important that we have fillms like this. I don't see it and can't judge, and yes it may perhaps be accused of sensationalism, but it is of great and fundamental importance that such caustic (and amusing) media backlash is possible.

Why has it not happened in America?

Central website here.

Boris is in it.
I think I might see.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:24 pm
Creatio ex Nihilo
Rev.Matt

It is the best Science Fiction film I think I've seen in months, if not years. Sooo good. Absolutely worth it all.
I liked the woman who took care of the ship's garden. She was likeable.

I saw it.

The idea was good, and it started very promisingly. I'm a big fan of the humanist-leaning sci-fi sort of narrative.

It sold out to generic horror though, which annoyed me. There could have been intelligent insight, genuine hope, or a shockingly bleak statement on the nature of humanity, but there was just a monster sans reliable plot and a resultant general horrorness.

I enjoyed it, but I felt that given a different direction it could perhaps have actually changed me.

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff