Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Comedy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:57 am
dExtrosien
For the fans of Adrian Edmondson and Bottom I just finished my video. It's in my profile if you want to see it. It is clips from the Bottom series, live shows and movie featuring mostly Eddie set to Holding Out For A Hero by Jennifer Saunders. I did add a few Eddie-isms to it. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profile/index.php?view=profile.ShowProfile&item=2585008

That makes me happy. biggrin

It's worth the fairly long load-time, certainly.

*plays it a third time*

ninja

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:44 pm
ficklefiend
I just realised Dylan Moran is coming to Aberdeen on the 15th of June! Madly scrabbling to get tickets and someone to come with me, Monster was so cool.
I saw Dylan in Liverpool last Summer, it was a good night 3nodding Definately worth seeing  

xXx White Lily xXx

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:05 pm
xXx White Lily xXx
ficklefiend
I just realised Dylan Moran is coming to Aberdeen on the 15th of June! Madly scrabbling to get tickets and someone to come with me, Monster was so cool.
I saw Dylan in Liverpool last Summer, it was a good night 3nodding Definately worth seeing

Yay! My sis is coming with me..I ordered the tickets online since the box office closes at 6. They still have to be confirmed.

It should be fine though. I've gotten tickets through t'internet before for Ross Noble and those came through just dandy.

*Very excited!!*  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:13 pm
yeah I've bought tonnes of tickets online and it's always been fine... apart from once... but let's not talk about that lol  

xXx White Lily xXx

dExtrosien

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:54 pm
That sounds like it should be interesting. Be sure to give us all the detail afterwards.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:06 pm
Is anyone else here acquainted with the work of Marty Feldman?

I don't think he's been mentioned yet..

Invictus_88
Captain

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:55 am
Invictus_88

I recognise the name..what has he done?

On another note, my Dylan Moran tickets came through fine.

Unfortunately I'm having to forfeit my Derren Brown tickets because of my own stupidity in booking a flight to London over the weekend of the show. Shite.
Oh well..at least I get my holiday in London..and my mum is giving me the money for the ticket. Grr.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:41 am
ficklefiend
Invictus_88

Mucho comedy. Acting in and directing. He was in 'Silent Movie', but did a lot of uniquely anarchic British comedy too..

He's here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001204/ , but annoyingly the internet has not a single clip of his work. It seems.

Invictus_88
Captain

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:24 am
ficklefiend
Invictus_88

Unfortunately I'm having to forfeit my Derren Brown tickets because of my own stupidity in booking a flight to London over the weekend of the show. Shite.
Oh well..at least I get my holiday in London..and my mum is giving me the money for the ticket. Grr.

Yet another update..I'm getting to go and watch a recording of QI while I'm down in London!! Yay!! Apparently they cut loads out and the recordings are hilarious..I hope Bill Bailey is on the panel!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:07 pm
ficklefiend
Yet another update..I'm getting to go and watch a recording of QI while I'm down in London!! Yay!! Apparently they cut loads out and the recordings are hilarious..I hope Bill Bailey is on the panel!
Ooooh wow! I'd sooo love to see that surprised  

xXx White Lily xXx

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:21 pm
ficklefiend
ficklefiend
Invictus_88

biggrin

That sounds absolutely wonderful! Keep us all posted eh? I'm really very curious as to what it's like..  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:45 pm
ficklefiend

I'm not surprised; no doubt lots of it is unsuitable to air. I saw a Radio 4 programme being recording [was going out at 6:30pm] so a wee bit would have been chopped.  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Panthino the Moth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:30 am
My friend and I created a guild just so we could talk endlessly about British comedy. It really is all we talk about (notobsessed!Panth).  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:12 pm
Panthino the Moth
My friend and I created a guild just so we could talk endlessly about British comedy. It really is all we talk about (notobsessed!Panth).

Which Guild is that then?

confused

Invictus_88
Captain

Panthino the Moth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:05 am
Invictus_88
Panthino the Moth

Which Guild is that then?

confused

The Dr Pepper Appreciation Society. At some level, that name makes sense.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games