Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The Great British Tea Debate! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you regularly drink tea?
Yes, yes I do.
75%
 75%  [ 43 ]
No, no I do not.
24%
 24%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 57

Arivel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:47 am
Invictus_88
Arivel
Invictus_88
You drink Brandy? Are you serious? That's my sort of drink, girls never do that.

*genuinely shocked*

I'd be happy to serve you in the bar I suppose..
Um what, or is it nothing?

What are you trying to say? Yes I drink brandy, occasionally... I like other things too though...

hah! I've shocked you at last... Though I don't feel like drinking brandy at the moment...
oh no... nothing at all...

What else do you like then, dare-I ask?
Nothing? Can you promise that?

You dare? um... Tea, Mountian Dew, all the alcoholic beverages that my Father thinks he has hidden, stuff like that... And you?
Can I promise you that... Probably not...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:53 am
Arivel
You dare? um... Tea, Mountian Dew, all the alcoholic beverages that my Father thinks he has hidden, stuff like that... And you?

Cool, our drinks cabinet is always open. My father used to manage bars. I have now got an ice cold glass of Pernod, great stuff!
Well, if you don't want to say, then I shan't press you on the matter..  

Invictus_88
Captain

Arivel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:57 am
Invictus_88
Arivel

Cool, our drinks cabinet is always open. My father used to manage bars. I have now got an ice cold glass of Pernod, great stuff!
Well, if you don't want to say, then I shan't press you on the matter..

That's nice. I'm making Tea. *confusion* um... I feel stupid asking... What's Pernod? Name sounds familiar but I just can't remember... Thank you. Greatly Appreciated.
biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:50 am
Arivel
That's nice. I'm making Tea. *confusion* um... I feel stupid asking... What's Pernod? Name sounds familiar but I just can't remember... Thank you. Greatly Appreciated.
biggrin

Pernod (silent 'd') is an anise. It is of the same group as Absinthe and Ricard (silent 'd') in that they all cloud when you add the water.

If you envisage a triangle, Absinthe would be at the top as it has the longest history, the most complex flavour and the most variation whereas Pernod and Ricard are the two bottom corners with a simple flavour. Pernod being a spirit made from Aniseed and Ricard being made from Licorice.

It's cool though, sweet and pleasant. It's perfect for if you're a bit groggy with a hangover.
..not that I'd know, or anything.
[/encyclopaedia-mode]  

Invictus_88
Captain

Arivel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:28 am
Invictus_88
Arivel
biggrin

Pernod (silent 'd') is an anise. It is of the same group as Absinthe and Ricard (silent 'd') in that they all cloud when you add the water.

If you envisage a triangle, Absinthe would be at the top as it has the longest history, the most complex flavour and the most variation whereas Pernod and Ricard are the two bottom corners with a simple flavour. Pernod being a spirit made from Aniseed and Ricard being made from Licorice.

It's cool though, sweet and pleasant. It's perfect for if you're a bit groggy with a hangover.
..not that I'd know, or anything.
[/encyclopaedia-mode]

Sounds good... Oh sure you wouldn't know...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:35 am
Arivel
Sounds good... Oh sure you wouldn't know...

It is good, though sometimes it scares me when someone asks me a question and I suddenly find that I know more about that one alcoholic-topic than I would most topics from the subjects I study at school.  

Invictus_88
Captain

Vanilla Pod

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:00 pm
You know what I think? I think that tea + curlywurly would work really well. Haven't tried it, but I can see it working.
/contemplative randomness  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:36 pm
Vanilla Pod
You know what I think? I think that tea + curlywurly would work really well. Haven't tried it, but I can see it working.
/contemplative randomness

Probably best with an Earl Grey, the bergamot would help cut through the soft flavour of the chocolate and caramel.  

Invictus_88
Captain

Vanilla Pod

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:35 am
I've never tasted Earl Grey. redface *dives for cover*

But-I-do-drink-brandy as that appears to be some sort of shocking thing!

Hmm, I don't think I've actually been in here before making that post.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:42 am
Vanilla Pod
I've never tasted Earl Grey. redface *dives for cover*

Don't worry, some don't like it. They find the bergamot to be a bit too mineral a flavour. It's up to you really.

Brandy however, astounds me. Girls rarely drink it, indeed it was said by Dr Johnson (I believe..) that (misquoted) "Claret is the drink for boys, and Port the drink of men, but he who aspires to be a hero..must drink Brandy!".

Any girl who drinks brandy is worthy of my admiration, of that I am sure.

Invictus_88
Captain

Vanilla Pod

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:10 pm
Invictus_88
Vanilla Pod

I've never tasted Earl Grey. *dives for cover*

Don't worry, some don't like it. They find the bergamot to be a bit too mineral a flavour. It's up to you really.

Brandy however, astounds me. Girls rarely drink it, indeed it was said by Dr Johnson (I believe..) that (misquoted) "Claret is the drink for boys, and Port the drink of men, but he who aspires to be a hero..must drink Brandy!".

Any girl who drinks brandy is worthy of my admiration, of that I am sure.

Well, I'll try it next time there's an opportunity...just I think there never has been. Hmmm.

And I think I'd rather be a hero than a man or a boy. Although port's good too. But I barely make a habit of drinking brandy (at my age, I don't make a habit of drinking anything stronger than coffee, of course wink )...I just like it when it does come up. Have no false images of me cooly reviewing a bar before demanding a brandy or death.

Because that was clearly what you were thinking. stare  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:29 pm
Erm, kinda.

For me, it's also good aesthetically. It's a beautiful colour, the glass has something faintly sexual about it and it works very well with a glass gently cupped in your hand, a cigar settled in the other and a girl draped across you.

Ohyes, good look.

Invictus_88
Captain

Arivel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:32 pm
Invictus_88
Erm, kinda.

For me, it's also good aesthetically. It's a beautiful colour, the glass has something faintly sexual about it and it works very well with a glass gently cupped in your hand, a cigar settled in the other and a girl draped across you.

Ohyes, good look.

And you actually know what this looks like?
eek  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:35 pm
Arivel
Invictus_88
Erm, kinda.

Ohyes, good look.

eek

Sixth-form parties, yes indeedy. Black suit works a treat. Though, yes...um..
..one time was with my ex, that ended..undesirably  

Invictus_88
Captain

Arivel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:38 pm
Invictus_88
Arivel
Invictus_88
Erm, kinda.

Ohyes, good look.

eek

Sixth-form parties, yes indeedy. Black suit works a treat. Though, yes...um..
..one time was with my ex, that ended..undesirably

Wow... I learn something new everyday...
Ohmy... I'm sorry.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games