Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wildervast

Space Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:30 pm
Scheissenkopf
The power of rome and the christian heart , percy aldridge grainger (original , not arranged)

We played a Grainger piece at our last concert: "Lincolnshire Posy." We were going to play "Colonial Song" but that got scrapped.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:34 pm

Durza, If you don't rant you'll explode. So that's a good thing that you got it out.

Okay, I probably said it once before but I'll say it again. I love WoW.
Sleepies time.

Saint-Saens

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:04 pm
Scheissenkopf
Were doing a huge concert with a huge organ this year, so far we have Finale, symphony no.3 (organ) Saint-Saens arr, by earl slocum,The power of rome and the christian heart , percy aldridge grainger (original , not arranged) and toccata and fugue in d minor by bach, scored for wind band by donald hunsberge, scored, its all the frigin original hardness.
were accualy the only band in NC to do TandF for contest.

My BD got the Cincinnati Brass Band to play at our winter concert, complete with professional announcer and guest solo pianist. He was apparently incredible - he did his own arrangement of Rhapsody in Blue that lasted forever - but we didn't get to hear him because we were getting ready for our part of the show. Good thing they made a CD. And then at the end we played with them. Loud stuff.

Last year we got the Southern Gateway Chorus in for our spring choir concert (a fellow student's dad is in it); they and their barbershop quartet were also incredible. I'm hoping we can get them again.

Our staff has a lot of clout with big names in local music. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:26 am
Durza the Shade
Scheissenkopf
Were doing a huge concert with a huge organ this year, so far we have Finale, symphony no.3 (organ) Saint-Saens arr, by earl slocum,The power of rome and the christian heart , percy aldridge grainger (original , not arranged) and toccata and fugue in d minor by bach, scored for wind band by donald hunsberge, scored, its all the frigin original hardness.
were accualy the only band in NC to do TandF for contest.

My BD got the Cincinnati Brass Band to play at our winter concert, complete with professional announcer and guest solo pianist. He was apparently incredible - he did his own arrangement of Rhapsody in Blue that lasted forever - but we didn't get to hear him because we were getting ready for our part of the show. Good thing they made a CD. And then at the end we played with them. Loud stuff.

Last year we got the Southern Gateway Chorus in for our spring choir concert (a fellow student's dad is in it); they and their barbershop quartet were also incredible. I'm hoping we can get them again.

Our staff has a lot of clout with big names in local music. biggrin

A few years ago we played a conjoined concert with UNC and someone recorded it and a while later my BD was listening to toccata and fugue on the radio and he is lyke zomg that was friggen sweet thats what a band should sound like! why cant my band sound like that -emo tear- then out of nowhere he herd his voice, the recording of us made it to the radio, he was all zomg i lurve yous guys the next day. To bad i wasnt there i think i might of gotten some of his words wrong.  

Tubariffic
Captain

KitoYasha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:58 am
Ack! I'm so sorry I've been inactive! ::Bows at the feet of the BNG Gods.:: Please forgive me--my grades have been terrible and so I'm grounded, but hopefully I'll be ungrounded after Christmas...so I promise to be more active then! I can't say I'd blame you if you were to demote me, though. =/ My apologies!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:47 pm
Join Request
Request from macbrat2701

I would like to join, please

Um, ok? She established that just by making the request, so her text is tantamount to posting nothing at all. I would accept if there was something in her profile or posting history to indicate she is a band nerd, but right now, I don't know.  

Durza the Shade

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:42 am
Durza the Shade
Join Request
Request from macbrat2701

Um, ok? She established that just by making the request, so her text is tantamount to posting nothing at all. I would accept if there was something in her profile or posting history to indicate she is a band nerd, but right now, I don't know.

I say we report her to gaia therefore have the CIA sent to her house and ripping her limb from limb. But thats only my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:40 am
Scheissenkopf
Durza the Shade
Join Request
Request from macbrat2701

I say we report her to gaia therefore have the CIA sent to her house and ripping her limb from limb. But thats only my opinion.

. . . what?

and i was having issues accepting members yesterday. Was this with anyone else?  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:08 am
Masquanade
Scheissenkopf
Durza the Shade
Join Request
Request from macbrat2701

. . . what?

the only problem that i had was that this girl didnt have enough money to join  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:42 pm
scheis, you ever going to fill in your spot in 'meet the mods'? jw.  

froggyfluf

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:13 pm
froggyfluf

Oh snap i forgot about that ><
Did anyone notice theres a riona and a squall enterd in teh avi contest >P  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:03 pm
Scheissenkopf
froggyfluf

Haha.

I did. Partially becauase of the fact that I run it. xd But they're right next to each other.  

Saint-Saens

RinoaHeartilly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:56 pm
Scheissenkopf
froggyfluf

Oh NO you didn't. It's Rinoa! Come oooon. xd Man. I tell you...

I guess it could be worse. I mean, you COULD have said Rino. x___x

But anyways. It just goes to show you how much more popular FF8 is than FF7. cool  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:01 pm
Masquanade

*accepts five people* On two of those, it gave me a "could not access index page" message, or something like that. But when I went back, the requests were gone, so I think they were accepted.

In other news, I've got three Glassmen in my band! Let's have a big round of applause for tuba Vince, percussionist Chris, and guard member Alexis, who will be marching with the Glassmen Drum & Bugle Corps this summer! mrgreen  

Durza the Shade

Saint-Saens

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:00 pm
RinoaHeartilly
Scheissenkopf
froggyfluf

Oh NO you didn't. It's Rinoa! Come oooon. xd Man. I tell you...

I guess it could be worse. I mean, you COULD have said Rino. x___x

But anyways. It just goes to show you how much more popular FF8 is than FF7. cool

That's what I said...Rinoa. xd

Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games