Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Off Topic Discussion
Off- Topic Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lunar_Blade

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:57 am
It depends what science you're on about. I'm terrible when it comes to Chemistry but I adore doing Life and Living (I think you call it biology... You know, learning the circulatory system, etc).

With Math I'm crap in some areas and good in some.

I love Sose class though. Because it's like one big debating room. The teacher always joins in and such. Last lesson we were suppose to write down what Love feels like, sounds like and looks like. So I go "How to hell should we know, we're only Year Nines!" so Mr Lang does this weird coy smile and sort of goes: "Weren't you the one who said that love had nothing to do with gender, race and age?".

Good times. Good times.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:21 am
Honors Algebra is Algebra for the really smart kids. They go a bit faster, a bit more in depth, and usually the last part of the second Semester they start touching on Algebra II concepts and math.

So, they're learning the same thing in Honors Algebra, but they're learning it faster and they're learning a bunch of shortcuts they don't teach to regular Algebra and they don't have to write out every single step.

That's pretty much how it is with all Honors classes. We learn the same stuff, but we go faster, get more in depth, and when we learn equations and the likes, we don't have to write out every single step any where except in our notes.

Because they go faster and get more in depth, the school will usually add "quality points" to their grades when it goes into their GPA. So that's why if you hear an Honors student going on about how they've got a B in this class like they got an A or something, it's because they technically did. If some one has a high A in an Honors Class, they either have no life, are cheating, or are really really fing brilliant. Well, for math or science at least. History and English we just write and read a bit more than Regulars, so that's not too hard.

Mmkay, that was longer than I expected. *shuts up now*

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200

Orgazmic Coffdrop

Dapper Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:46 pm
*applauds* that was brilliant m'lady *bows to your extensive explaination*  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:37 am
And if you're in my school, instead of 'Honors' there are 'SEAC' people, and instead of A's and B's we get levels. Because of OBE (Outcomes Based Education).  

Lunar_Blade

Orgazmic Coffdrop

Dapper Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:46 am
*tries to figure it out in head* *Gives up and studies for the last time* I can't believe they're giving us a test 2 days before school lets out. *shakes head* what a world.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:39 am
*confused*

*very confused*  

Decadent Delirium

Heroic Entrepreneur

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:37 am
My school gives 15 "quality points" to your grade if you're in honors. It used to be 15% plus something, divided by something and then something else but they decided it was better to give points instead. The 15% thing was putting Regular students who could've been in honors but were to lazy and got As all the time way ahead of the people in honors.

And Chick, it just gets worse.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:57 am
The only honors class I took was English IV. Got an A in it. ^_^ Other than that, I barely managed Cs in the regular course. Of course, I think it was mostly just the teacher. He was awesome.  

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:10 am
*admits it* I'm a geek.

Next year will be the first year I'm not in four honor classes. I'll be taking two Senior classes as a Junior, but they'll be regular classes (so I have the chance of being with some of my friends who are Seniors) and then I'll be taking honor level English and History and apparently the choir I'm going into next year counts as an honor class. Which is...odd.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:06 pm
Being the fact that I'm going to a school where chorus is required I don't think i get that option. still...its funny

and sorry for confusing you cade!!  

Orgazmic Coffdrop

Dapper Conversationalist

Lunar_Blade

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:31 am
Our school has colours aswell. It's when you get a certain grade in a certain amount of time or whatever. It is when they print whatever colour you got on your school jumper.

I got Academic ^.^

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:35 am
congratulations, what color is it?  

Orgazmic Coffdrop

Dapper Conversationalist

Decadent Delirium

Heroic Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:16 am
I'm completely lost. I never got any type of honors in school. Not even Perfect Attendence, though freshman year, it was funny. My advisory was the one advisory that could basically, never do anything right. However, my advisor took pity on us and changed the rolebooks just to get us a perfect attendence award. He was so sweet. I think it was illegal, but it was sweet.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:51 am
It doesn't have a colour... It's just called a colour.

Our school is ******** up.

Lunar_Blade

Decadent Delirium

Heroic Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:50 pm
That is wierd.  
Off Topic Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers