Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Collowrath

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:26 am

This is a somewhat sizeable blog post from a younger priest in my city. While it's primarily about Catholic fluff, he still talks about Light & Dark fluff within Neopaganism. I actually just stumbled on it while looking for the website you mentioned, Tea.

Essentially, his answer: there isn't much difference between the Light and Dark fluff except in their choice of adjectives. biggrin
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:39 am

Collowrath
This is a somewhat sizeable blog post from a younger priest in my city. While it's primarily about Catholic fluff, he still talks about Light & Dark fluff within Neopaganism. I actually just stumbled on it while looking for the website you mentioned, Tea.

Essentially, his answer: there isn't much difference between the Light and Dark fluff except in their choice of adjectives. biggrin
I liked that blog.

TeaDidikai

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:45 am

TeaDidikai
Collowrath

I liked that blog.

Reading through, he seems pretty cool, though people who see V2 as a travesty sometimes make my teeth itch.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:37 am

TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
People sure do like to throw around "Dark" a lot without having a ******** clue what it means. Dark gods, dark goddesses, dark lady. If the fluffies wanna deal with Darkness, they can play with Void.

Few things are as dark as that which devours even radiance.
Wasn't there a website about the different kinds of Fluffy Bunnies, including the Dark Fluff?

I can't recall off hand.

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:49 am

maenad nuri
...though people who see V2 as a travesty sometimes make my teeth itch.
Likewise.
But I don't intend to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:16 pm

Celeblin Galadeneryn
lioness of midnight
TeaDidikai
"Loki and Kali are my Lord and Lady."

Now, that is naughty. There is nothing wrong with having a dark lord and lady.
What the ******** is dark about Loki?

Honestly?

I don't recall him described as Dark. Are you insinuating he's evil?

First off, I was saying that it was wrong that someone posted that a Pagan shouldn't say that they worship either one of these deities. Secondly, dark doesn't mean evil. Third, some people can consider him to be slightly dark. That is a matter of opinion.

Shadow Queen79

Shadow Queen79

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:18 pm

TeaDidikai
lioness of midnight
TeaDidikai

Ah, but there is something wrong with cultural misappropriation, a fundamental bastardization of foreign deities that people don't understand.

Also- dark? Hi. Last I checked, neither of these deities were afraid of the light.

How about the fact that we want people to be thoughtful.
Do you think Kali is going to be psyched about being placed in a position where she is a concubine to a Norse deity?

I mean, it wasn't like Loki had a wife and kids or anything... Oh wait! He did! And come to think of it, last I checked, even though Kali was standing on the body of her husband, she was still a wife.

How about some basic scholarship?
How about showing a minimal understanding of world religions before we horrifically rape other people's sacred traditions and beliefs in order to make us feel oh so speshul for worshiping a "dark lord and lady"? rolleyes

Cultural misappropriation???????????? wtf what do you think an ecclectic pagan is? They worship deities and have ideas from different cultures.

Instead of crawling up my butt how about crucify the person that original said that there is something wrong with worshipping either deity. That person was not me so back off!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:16 am

lioness of midnight
Cultural misappropriation???????????? wtf what do you think an ecclectic pagan is? They worship deities and have ideas from different cultures.
Being eclectic doesn't mean you have to bastardize other cultures.

For ******** sake, there are ethical eclectics in the world. A fair few even on this forum.

Quote:
Instead of crawling up my butt how about crucify the person that original said that there is something wrong with worshipping either deity. That person was not me so back off!
How about instead I address your privilege in assuming that a Hindu deity is in any way interested in being shoved head long out of her tradition and culture and into a relationship with a Norse god?

TeaDidikai

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:24 am

lioness of midnight
TeaDidikai

Part of the "wrongness" of the original quote is that the "Lord" and "Lady" refer to specific deities. Trying to randomly stick other deities into those roles is disrespectful...not only to the Lord and Lady, but to those who are actual members of their Priesthood (Wiccans).

Quote:

Being Eclectic does not entitle one to pick and chose whatever they want, without any regard from the cultures/paths that they are drawing from...there needs to be respect and understanding of those cultures/paths. There are certain cultures/paths that are closed to outsiders. This means that no matter how much one of these cultures/paths seems to resonate with us, if we are not a member (or have not met the "entry" requirements) of these particular cultures/paths, we do not have any authority to take any part of it, or claim that we are a member of it.

In an Eclectic practice it is important to make sure that the cultures/paths that one is drawing from actually make sense being mixed together. It has always seemed a bit silly to me to try to force other deities into the roles of the Lord and Lady, especially when most deities already have their own myths/lore.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:36 am

too2sweet

Part of the "wrongness" of the original quote is that the "Lord" and "Lady" refer to specific deities. Trying to randomly stick other deities into those roles is disrespectful...not only to the Lord and Lady, but to those who are actual members of their Priesthood (Wiccans).
To say nothing of being disrespectful to the deities you're trying to shove in there.

I mean for ******** sake, who said Kali wanted to be invoked in order to have sex with Loki?

Quote:

Being Eclectic does not entitle one to pick and chose whatever they want, without any regard from the cultures/paths that they are drawing from...there needs to be respect and understanding of those cultures/paths. There are certain cultures/paths that are closed to outsiders. This means that no matter how much one of these cultures/paths seems to resonate with us, if we are not a member (or have not met the "entry" requirements) of these particular cultures/paths, we do not have any authority to take any part of it, or claim that we are a member of it.

In an Eclectic practice it is important to make sure that the cultures/paths that one is drawing from actually make sense being mixed together. It has always seemed a bit silly to me to try to force other deities into the roles of the Lord and Lady, especially when most deities already have their own myths/lore.
Stop being so reasonable closed minded! You're making too much sense just persecuting her.

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:29 am

lioness of midnight

Secondly, dark doesn't mean evil.

Do you actually know what it means? Define dark.

Quote:
Third, some people can consider him to be slightly dark.

Some people are wrong.

Quote:
That is a matter of opinion.

So you don't know what opinion means either? If you did then you'd be able to realize that opinions can still be uneducated, delusional or wrong.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:31 am

TeaDidikai

I mean for ******** sake, who said Kali wanted to be invoked in order to have sex with Loki?

It's some seriously weird mythos non canon fanfiction right there.

Recursive Paradox

Shadow Queen79

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:42 am

Recursive Paradox
lioness of midnight

Secondly, dark doesn't mean evil.

Do you actually know what it means? Define dark.

Quote:
Third, some people can consider him to be slightly dark.

Some people are wrong.

Quote:
That is a matter of opinion.

So you don't know what opinion means either? If you did then you'd be able to realize that opinions can still be uneducated, delusional or wrong.

Dark is the other side of the balance of the light, one needs both to have balance.
The reason some people consider Loki to be dark is because he is a trickster deity and the myths do not exactly put him in a favorable light.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:44 am

too2sweet
lioness of midnight
TeaDidikai

Quote:

Being eccletic means that you understand different cultures and go with right feels right and who calls for you from different pantheons. I worship gods from two different pantheons but I don't feel like having to explain that to you. Because the gods know you wouldn't understand.

Shadow Queen79

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:46 am

lioness of midnight

Dark is the other side of the balance of the light, one needs both to have balance.

Sides? No scale huh?
Oh boy. This is going to get interesting.

Quote:
The reason some people consider Loki to be dark is because he is a trickster deity and the myths do not exactly put him in a favorable light.
So this all boils down to a poorly constructed understanding of Norse mythology?
One that is really recording in pretty much one account translated by individuals who were trying to push a bastardized Jewish Theological model onto a foreign culture?

Good grief.
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games