Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:56 pm

Fiddlers Green
Now, best/worst of all is the damage it does to the actual point of the dialogue being taken seriously.
But that is the case with pretty much all intertubes trolljobs, isn't it? There comes a point where the original case is lost entirely in a sea of trollery, and no hope for advancement is left. That point, by the way, stinks, and exists IRL in the form of...
Quote:
I've already got a solid concept working... some people will not before they turn away in disgust, or see the whole thing as a slap-fight amongst equally ridiculous pundits. Thus damaging the ability for progress to be made.
Those bolded guys.

Though I will admit, after watching both Sean Hannity and Rachel Maddow, I have to say both sides of that little political dustup are equally mental. 3nodding
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:02 pm

Byaggha
But that is the case with pretty much all intertubes trolljobs, isn't it? There comes a point where the original case is lost entirely in a sea of trollery, and no hope for advancement is left. That point, by the way, stinks, and exists IRL in the form of...

May I use that bolded part? xd

Quote:
Those bolded guys.

Though I will admit, after watching both Sean Hannity and Rachel Maddow, I have to say both sides of that little political dustup are equally mental. 3nodding

Well, there we have it. Unfortunately, my observation leaves me to expect that people will not separate a cause from it's bolded sock puppets, and thus... we have what we both already perceive.

Fiddlers Green

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:08 pm

Fiddlers Green
May I use that bolded part? xd
By all means! 3nodding

Quote:
Well, there we have it. Unfortunately, my observation leaves me to expect that people will not separate a cause from it's bolded sock puppets, and thus... we have what we both already perceive.
A sad thing that is, really. Being unable to see what's really there is an unfortunate cause of much suffering in life, but humanity is just like that. We'd rather tilt at windmills than take care of the real problem, because the real problem isn't near as visible anymore.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:13 pm

Aino Ailill
I did follow it. I couldn't find it.

I found it under the large pink title "THE MIND OF A FEMINIST"

"I don't want to be a woman. I don't want to look good for men. I fear and distrust men. I want male prerogatives. I want to look like a man. I want to be like a man." - Henry Makow

Quote:
Unless you ares imply saying that it is interesting that a male source agrees with e's ideas?

This quote of a man interpreting what a feminist's ideas are mimic what the author of the blog herself think, from the quote of the author of the blog that I posted earlier.

Bastemhet

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:16 pm

Fiddlers Green

As far as written by a man issue.
Some person's believe that a man can never truly understand a woman and therefor cannot have an informed opinion. At the very least, it will always be an outsiders opinion. To be fair, some of these same people hold the juxtaposed to be true, that a woman can never understand a man, or will always be an outsider passing judgement.

I'll one up you and say I believe this is true for all human beings.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:19 pm

Sophist
This is true. In fact, I'll one up that and say people generally don't know themselves well enough, let alone other people.

Myself included.

But then again, in my case, that's going to be difficult. No-self. ninja

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:21 pm

Aino Ailill
But I don't see how any of these would support that the ideas originate from a male? That they originate from this Henry?

I think what I'm trying to say is that this woman is a victim of pro-male-superiority brainwashing. I fundamentally disagree with her idea that "you are not a woman unless (insert act here)." This idea that women are only women if they engage in behavior that is suited to a male dominated society in which they profit from women suffering unequal treatment is what I mean by her being a caricature written by a male. In this way she becomes a tool to perpetuate sexist hegemony. This is not true for all people at all times, but I can think of some significant examples. I really did not want to turn this into a historical debate, however. I was just commenting on something that pissed me off, in a thread devoted to that purpose.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:25 pm

Byaggha
Sophist
This is true. In fact, I'll one up that and say people generally don't know themselves well enough, let alone other people.

Myself included.

But then again, in my case, that's going to be difficult. No-self. ninja

It's one of the things that depresses me the most, if I think on it too much. I'll just have to be happy with the conceptions of other people that I've basically created based on my observations and their confirmations.

The self is a slippery thing. Once you think you know yourself, you change.

The 6 skhandas (pardon if I misspell) are a Buddhist idea, right? Theoretically I can conceive of my personality as just bundles of memories, ideas, etc. But functionally I can't separate that form the idea that there is an "I." It's interesting to think about, though.

Bastemhet

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:29 pm

Sophist
The self is a slippery thing. Once you think you know yourself, you change.

The 6 skhandas (pardon if I misspell) are a Buddhist idea, right? Theoretically I can conceive of my personality as just bundles of memories, ideas, etc. But functionally I can't separate that form the idea that there is an "I." It's interesting to think about, though.
Yep. Buddhist. Though technically there's five - form, sensation, cognition, volition and conciousness. 3nodding

And not suited for everyone, either. But it's something that's resonated with me, as the more I look, the less I find. xd
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:35 pm

Byaggha
A sad thing that is, really. Being unable to see what's really there is an unfortunate cause of much suffering in life, but humanity is just like that. We'd rather tilt at windmills than take care of the real problem, because the real problem isn't near as visible anymore.

But you must understand... that is a Giant.
A giant we have been taught to accept as a windmill, to pay no mind to, and to leave alone while it eats our comrades.

Sophist

Mayhaps all beings?
And who is to say it is a false assertion? At the end of the day, we have our observations and what our reason can extrapolate from them. And mayhaps a scrap of Gnosis. Assuming our reason, tainted by limited perspective doesn't fuddle it. I cannot understand anyone else (not that I have fully comprehended myself yet) on a fundamental level. However, thru observation and causal reasoning I can create a theoretical hemn space in which they exist. As a perceptive construct of my own thoughts, I can understand that, and come just a bit closer to understanding something other than the self. Or, otherwise internalizing that something other than the self and transcending the separation between all things. That is, however, a long term goal.

Fiddlers Green

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:38 pm

Fiddlers Green
But you must understand... that is a Giant.
A giant we have been taught to accept as a windmill, to pay no mind to, and to leave alone while it eats our comrades.
Shall I fetch the spitoon your helmet, sir?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:51 pm

Byaggha
Shall I fetch the spitoon your helmet, sir?

wink
However, I stand by my observation that there are many things accepted in many societies that are evil and debased. Things that aught be purged that are lamp-shaded or hand-waved off.

Fiddlers Green

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:00 pm

Fiddlers Green
wink
However, I stand by my observation that there are many things accepted in many societies that are evil and debased. Things that aught be purged that are lamp-shaded or hand-waved off.
I agree, but I'm not one to do the starting on the purge. Unless you count starting it with not doing them. 3nodding
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:23 pm

RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gho the Girl

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:27 pm

Gho the Girl
RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You need a rageface.

Here, allow me.

User Image
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games