Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
--- C H A T B O X --- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 ... 2614 2615 2616 2617 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ieatyourtclol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:40 pm
Ascher
Yesterday was father's day (as it is 12:04 right now, making it officially tonights's tomorrow where I am), I was at work for a 10 hour shift, which I get paid less than minimum legal wage for.

Considering it is illegal for such managorial actions, I would consider taking proper legal actions. I might also, if applicable file for EI or Employment Insurance. I do NOT know the ways of Manhatten, unfortuniately.

Ascher
I had no break, no lunch, no food. I was supposed to leave at 10, however my team mates who I had covered for yesterday ditched and left me, meaning I had to stay later. Finally when it was time for me to go, the people on line refused to let me leave, demanding that I HAD to take care of them, as they had been waiting in line, none of them even considerate of the fact I had no food, no rest, and had been on my feet for over 10 hours and that it was time for me to leave 10 minutes AGO. After growling and just leaving the ******** where they stand I swipe out and leave.

I fully agree with your course of actions. You were scheduled in for a select time and you fullfilled that contract. Anything after that is overtime. Overtime in which you ARE paid for. If not, it is outright wrong.

As for the people who were waiting on you. It isn't nessecarily their fault. They expect servive and they can't possibly understand the conditions in which you were subjected to work. Though ... they should have been a little more considerate to the possibility of an overworked, under paid employee.

Ascher
On the train home I reflect on my life and realize I don't like how I wasted the first nineteen years of my existence taking s**t from everyone, being bullied, teased, insulted and walked over by everyone around me, and then I start to look at my sex life, or lack thereof, as I have yet to (physically) be with a woman, and it get on my nerves how I stand here, a young, potent man, unable to even speak with a female face to face, or if I do speak to them they either 1- only become my friends, or 2 already have a boyfriend.

In regards to this section, I know fully how you feel when it pertains up to "as I have yet to." I, like you, have been bullied, pushed around, taken advantage of, analyzed my life in and out and basically came to the same conclusion: I have NO legacy.

In regards to that last section, I know not of it. I have had different problems. I have been abused on numerous occasions ... I guess I offer this in hopes that it makes not having a sexual encounter appear more attractive than having those you regret for life.

Ascher
And then it hit me... I became enlightened and at the same time suffered a deadly existential crisis.
I Daniel Eric Vasquez, of Manhattan New York, gender male, age nineneen years three months, and eighteen odd days...

Am meaningless.

I am a speck, a worthless piece of dust, when I die who will remember me? What legacy will I leave? Perhaps a handfull of people, but what about when they die? Who will remember me then? No one.
I will leave no legacy, leave nothing behind of my passage through life, thusly showing my fallability, humanity, and the fact that I am NOT EVEN a smudge on the pages of history.

And that enrages me.

I end with what i briefly touched on above. I too have left nothing thus far. My only hope is that someone out there realizes my true potential and I am given that chance to make that smudge within the pages of history. Very few of us get that chance Ascher. You are 19 and a whole life to live. ... YOU will get that chance in my opinion. You are an increadably driven person with great knowledge.

I guess ... Living in manhatten is hard enough you know. I lived there two weeks and I was suffocating. ... ... You will get your chance.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:46 pm
::smiles lightly on cele's comment::

::blinks::

so how are you luri? I am well. It is pretty hot here too.  

Yamin0

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:47 pm
Yamin0
::smiles lightly on cele's comment::

::blinks::

so how are you luri? I am well. It is pretty hot here too.

It was warm here as well, I hid out in the air conditioning most of the day. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:48 pm
Well friends, your words of kindness from all of you are well noted. I think I'm going to take a slight break for the night.  

Ascher

Yamin0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:50 pm
goodnight Ascher. Sleep well and dream with life.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:51 pm
Ascher
Well friends, your words of kindness from all of you are well noted. I think I'm going to take a slight break for the night.

Feel better soon my friend. There is still hope left to your life.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

ieatyourtclol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:52 pm
Ascher

^^

Goodnight, Ascher.

Pleasant dreams  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:52 pm
Good night, Ascher.
Sleep well.

My grace is gone  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:01 pm
And then... the conversation stalled out.

So, anybody have a good father's day today?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:02 pm
my dad just got home today with my mother. I visited with them  

Yamin0

ieatyourtclol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:05 pm
lurichan

*is reminded and ignores*

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:06 pm
lurichan

It didn't really affect us.
We lack a father in our house and my brothers stayed home rather than visiting their father.
We didn't really have a bad day (by our standards at least) so yes.

My eyes feel like they're gonna bleed  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:09 pm
I used to always forget what day it was until I started working retail. ^^*  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:11 pm
I only realized it was fathers day when it was brought up earlier.
I am not good at keeping track of time.

As time ticks by, and still I try  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:13 pm
IY_and_MCR
I only realized it was fathers day when it was brought up earlier.
I am not good at keeping track of time.

As time ticks by, and still I try

I have to keep track of time only because of work. Otherwise I would let it all blend together into a strange hodge-podge.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 ... 2614 2615 2616 2617 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games