Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:55 pm
On this whole "Jesus is the way" "You must accept Jesus/Love God or you're going to hell"

If we logically extend 1 John 4:7, and if God truly is Love (in this case, the form of love for others as yourself, a bonding, connecting understand love for all fellow human beings) aka "Agape," then all that's required really is to love Agape, and accept it, to seek it, and to live it. When you find and live Agape, you live and find God, and thus, see the Kingdom of Heaven.

I believe that when Jesus said "I am the way" he proposed that, similar to how certain forms of Buddhism call it's followers to strive to be Buddha, we as Christians must strive to be Jesus. Thus, Jesus is not so much a metaphysical entity which must be worshipped for salvation, but his footsteps, actions, way of life and way of love are the necessary steps to the Kingdom of Heaven, he becomes a literal "way" as in path.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:21 am
It's likely that proselytizing would break the Law of The Suited Path, when it goes beyond simply discussing what one believes with another and goes into actively seeking conversion.

So I'm not fond of it.  

Recursive Paradox

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:20 am
Recursive Paradox
It's likely that proselytizing would break the Law of The Suited Path, when it goes beyond simply discussing what one believes with another and goes into actively seeking conversion.

So I'm not fond of it.
Still, not liking it is no reason shoot or set a dog on a solicitor, as one of the people I was debating with suggested.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:29 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Recursive Paradox

So I'm not fond of it.
Still, not liking it is no reason shoot or set a dog on a solicitor, as one of the people I was debating with suggested.

o_O That's really ******** up. Yeah, those people are stupid. I would just ask the proselytizers to leave, politely, and if they didn't I would call the police.  

Recursive Paradox

Calixti

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:23 am
Recursive Paradox
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Recursive Paradox

So I'm not fond of it.

o_O That's really ******** up. Yeah, those people are stupid. I would just ask the proselytizers to leave, politely, and if they didn't I would call the police.
That's what I do. Or, if it's cold out, tell them I'm not interested but invite them in for tea to warm up before they move on.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:37 am
Gho the Girl
On this whole "Jesus is the way" "You must accept Jesus/Love God or you're going to hell"

If we logically extend 1 John 4:7, and if God truly is Love (in this case, the form of love for others as yourself, a bonding, connecting understand love for all fellow human beings) aka "Agape," then all that's required really is to love Agape, and accept it, to seek it, and to live it. When you find and live Agape, you live and find God, and thus, see the Kingdom of Heaven.

I believe that when Jesus said "I am the way" he proposed that, similar to how certain forms of Buddhism call it's followers to strive to be Buddha, we as Christians must strive to be Jesus. Thus, Jesus is not so much a metaphysical entity which must be worshipped for salvation, but his footsteps, actions, way of life and way of love are the necessary steps to the Kingdom of Heaven, he becomes a literal "way" as in path.
You give me so much hope for Christianity. I love you so much. I kinda had this view but didn't know how to quite put it into words. Thank you thank you thank you.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:44 pm
Calixti
Recursive Paradox
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Recursive Paradox

So I'm not fond of it.

That's what I do. Or, if it's cold out, tell them I'm not interested but invite them in for tea to warm up before they move on.

I would do that normally. I dunno if error would be okay with strangers in the house though.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:18 pm
Recursive Paradox
Calixti
Recursive Paradox
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Recursive Paradox

So I'm not fond of it.

I would do that normally. I dunno if error would be okay with strangers in the house though.
Some won't anyways. I think Tea said she had a similar experience, but my friend tried to invite some Mormons in for coffee but they didn't like the idea of being alone with a woman.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:06 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Recursive Paradox
Calixti
Recursive Paradox
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Recursive Paradox

So I'm not fond of it.

Some won't anyways. I think Tea said she had a similar experience, but my friend tried to invite some Mormons in for coffee but they didn't like the idea of being alone with a woman.
LDS missionaries won't enter a home of a person of the opposite gender without the presence of someone of their same gender already being present.

Also, the LDS aren't fond of tea and coffee while on their mission.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:34 pm
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Recursive Paradox
Calixti
Recursive Paradox

LDS missionaries won't enter a home of a person of the opposite gender without the presence of someone of their same gender already being present.

Also, the LDS aren't fond of tea and coffee while on their mission.

Herbal infusions and hot cocoa are ok, though, right? Caffeine is supposed to be the harmful part, if I remember correctly.  

FlySammyJ

Liberal Dabbler

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:03 am
rmcdra
Gho the Girl

You give me so much hope for Christianity. I love you so much. I kinda had this view but didn't know how to quite put it into words. Thank you thank you thank you.
Now if only my application were as good as my understanding. So far I've been not much better than a pharisee.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:03 am
Gho the Girl
rmcdra
Gho the Girl

Now if only my application were as good as my understanding. So far I've been not much better than a pharisee.

Same here. I've also been severely lacking on my own private devotional time as of late. It feels like I've just been going through the motions and talking the talk but not walking the walk. Though it could just be that "guilt" instilled in me during my youth that I'm still steadily working past but I honestly don't know.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:17 am
demisara
Herbal infusions and hot cocoa are ok, though, right?
Depends on the Missionary. The Doctrine of Covenants prohibits "hot drinks". This would include any drink served hot.
However, the LDS are encouraged to use the Holy Spirit to guide them.

Quote:
Caffeine is supposed to be the harmful part, if I remember correctly.
This is part of the popular understanding, but is not a matter of doctrine.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:59 pm
demisara
Herbal infusions and hot cocoa are ok, though, right? Caffeine is supposed to be the harmful part, if I remember correctly.

Caffeine(and most any other behavior modifying substances) is forbidden, as per Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price. Further, tannic acid is considered a poison and not to be ingested.
The last word I heard from the First Presidency did not accept the science that shows that tea contains polyphenols but not tannic acid.  

Fiddlers Green

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:41 pm
Fiddlers Green

Caffeine(and most any other behavior modifying substances) is forbidden,
Why was it that members of the LDS Church gave Boxy infused guranna on his mission?

Quote:

as per Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price.
From the sections I have read, I haven't seen any reference to these. Could you provide the chapter and verse please?
Quote:

Further, tannic acid is considered a poison and not to be ingested.
If this is so, why does the LDS not prohibit other plant forms, such as blueberries, blackberries, walnuts etc?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games