Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inucoli

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:36 pm
RinoaHeartilly
Masquanade
Yay everyone loving the feedback lately. You guys are awesome. [/sarcasm]
Seriously I'm sick of lack of feedback, and I know some of you have been online, so don't pull that sneaky stuff behind me. And ifyou ask- what is there to feedback on- the whole moving threads issue. Iwould like hear from more than one of you on that topic. I would also like to see some stuff happening for the guild- contests or something going on - or even being planned on. I just got three new mods- so something new and exciting should be happening. I know people are a bit busy, but I believe someone should be doing something. As for me after Thanksgiving I'll be free for six weeks of doing nothingness, so I'll have plenty of time to run things for the Guild. Currently my life is being consumed by homework. (Literally- i wake up, eat, and then do homework, eat, homework, sleep . . . YAY FINALS)

Saint- try locking the thread next time.

I think that instead of PMs we should go in and edit the title name of the thread and put the word "MOVING" or something in front of it, and then post in the thread that we'll be moving the topic in "x" days because it's not in the proper forum. That way everyone would see that the thread would be moved and know why and all that.

And it's about what... a month til Christmas? We could organize that secret santa thing we did last year, it seemed to work pretty well.

edit: There's a tuba/sousaphone thread and a baritone/euphonium thread in the woodwinds/brass sub-forum, should these be locked and the posters directed to the low brass thread? Aren't those low brass instruments? confused *isn't feeling to bright*

i think someone let those two threads slide.... cuz some of the low brass were complaining about not having threads for their own instruments. i think it was Masq that said they could. that way if each instrument had their own thread, she'd delete the low brass sticky and replace it with individual ones....? i dont remember exactly what it said xp

maybe we could have a place for people to advertise for their shops? like within the forum so if anyone needed a signature or something they could just look in the thread and get something from someone they might actually have spoken with before.... whaddya guys think?

secret santa sounds good to me! meet the mods too. since i myself dont know much about most of you guys ^_^*** just that a lot of you go to the avi art threads and stuff and that oggy has personalities that argue a lot.... lol!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:44 pm
should we delete the 'fantasy dci' sticky? i don't think we're doing anything else with it, and it's just kinda sitting there... o.O?  

froggyfluf

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:55 pm
froggyfluf
should we delete the 'fantasy dci' sticky? i don't think we're doing anything else with it, and it's just kinda sitting there... o.O?

uh . . . i'll desticky it soonish.

we did secret santa last year, which I thought we were doing again this year.
meet the mods is ok with me- but it goes into chatterbox, or I unsticky the fantasy DCI thread (and it doesn't come back up)

i told the low brass if they could get a sectional thread for each low brass- trombone, tuba, baritone- then i would get rid of the low brass sticky and make three new stickies. It's really not that fair for the low brass to be all clumped together. I mean they're not our most active sections, but if they wanted it- i would give it to them.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:57 am
Masquanade

i told the low brass if they could get a sectional thread for each low brass- trombone, tuba, baritone- then i would get rid of the low brass sticky and make three new stickies. It's really not that fair for the low brass to be all clumped together. I mean they're not our most active sections, but if they wanted it- i would give it to them.

Ahh, okay. Gotcha.  

RinoaHeartilly

KitoYasha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:54 am
I'm on for today while I'm "doing my research paper", and I've been sick most of the weekend. =/

The "Secret Santa" sounds like just a lovely idea! While, admittedly, I'm certainly not the richest Gaian, I have stuff in my inventory I don't use, and what is Christmas for if not generousity, right? It sounds splendid.

There's a "Meet the Mods" thread? I was completely unaware. Heh heh, maybe I should get to posting in that...eventually.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:42 am
KitoYasha
I'm on for today while I'm "doing my research paper", and I've been sick most of the weekend. =/

The "Secret Santa" sounds like just a lovely idea! While, admittedly, I'm certainly not the richest Gaian, I have stuff in my inventory I don't use, and what is Christmas for if not generousity, right? It sounds splendid.

There's a "Meet the Mods" thread? I was completely unaware. Heh heh, maybe I should get to posting in that...eventually.

That's the whole point... I threw out the idea of starting one a couple weeks ago.

And yus. Yay for Secret Santa.

Also, I apologize for not being quite as active lately; finals approach! gonk

iOggy

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:26 am
There is no meet the mod sticky yet. I'm so busy that these pass three days have been nothing but homework and food. And I still have more homework to do. I finished one of my final projects last night around midnight, and I still have one more project plus flashcards to go. Yay. x.x; Today and tomorrow are my last two days of class. I don't know how much internet access I'll get on wednesday as I'll be staying over at dad's friend's house since my flight is Thursday morning and I have to be out of my dorms on Wednesday. In other news I've been getting these PMs from the Woodwind Guild captain (I'm guessing). Orginally he wanted me to donate to his guild so they could get a GGN guild. But then I informed that we didn't have access to the gold in the guild account. Then he replies to me saying how that's stupid and how we should just have members manually send trades of 10g if they want to enter. gonk Needless to say I did tell him why we couldn't do that but he's kind of going off on our avi contest- saying if we had access to the gold then we could make "that avi contest a bit more worthwhile." Which brings me to a post I made in there- that we needed better prizes. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:38 am
Oh, I heard about the lack of access to guild accounts...the aforementioned friend Shi was really pissed off when she found out, even though we didn't really have much in our guild account, anyway. Please excuse the ignorance if there's actually a purpose to it, but I don't see one--why have a guild account if you can't access it? Really now, it's pretty stupid, and you'd think that with the recent guild server makeovers that they'd let you in. Why are they there? Keh!

I wasn't on Gaia last Christmas, so I'm pretty intrigued as to how this Secret Santa thing might work. Do you put in a specific amount of gold (then again, we can't access the guild account anyway) to be entered, and then get a gift for the person whose name is PMed to you, or what? =/ I haven't even been on Gaia a year, so again, I'm sorry ahead of time for the stupidity.

As for a Meet the Mods sticky, it sounds like a grand idea...mmm, perhaps someone should start one? I'm not really great at those type of things, but I suppose I'd give it a hand if nobody else wanted to.

KitoYasha

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:16 am
They're slowly getting things for us to use the guild acconts on. Such as in the future there will be quests and something for guilds in the towns. Like nieghboorhoods or a guild house . . . something like that. So it's slowly getting there. Personally it's not like we need the gold for other things.

Last year for the secret santa you had to get a gift under 2,000 but I was thinking this year we have different areas . . . prices ranges. Like: under 1,000, 1,000-4,000, 4,000-8,000, 8,000 - 11,000 and so forth so forth. I don't know if it would go that high- but you get the idea. But if you sign up for a price range- that means what you want is in that price range AND you must get something for someone inm that price range. Make sense?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:23 am
Yes, that makes lots more sense now. Thanks. =)

I'm entering the avatar contest soon, so I dunno if I'll be able to afford all that much, but hey, there's still lots of time between now and Christmas.

KitoYasha

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:36 pm
I went to a trans sibberian orchrastra concert last night. HOLY POO! I loooove them! -faintage- FIRE AND PYROTECHNIChs! im not in a spelling mood. Im going to a DCI party tomorrow ><  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:56 am
Ok guys, I have to leave my dorm today by 12. I then staying the night at my dad's friend's house and catching an early flight tomorrow morning home. Between the time I leave my dorm (or well pack my laptop) and the time I get home- my internet connection is questionable. So . . . yeah. sweatdrop  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

froggyfluf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:08 pm
Masquanade
Last year for the secret santa you had to get a gift under 2,000 but I was thinking this year we have different areas . . . prices ranges. Like: under 1,000, 1,000-4,000, 4,000-8,000, 8,000 - 11,000 and so forth so forth. I don't know if it would go that high- but you get the idea. But if you sign up for a price range- that means what you want is in that price range AND you must get something for someone inm that price range. Make sense?
i like having separate price ranges for secret santa, but i doubt many people would want to spend that much on it. 8k is probably plenty, imo.

i'm going to go ahead and make a 'meet the mods' sticky in chatterbox. it's been talked about for too long. x_x

how about having a suggestion topic and a poll to see what sort of contests and things people want and would actually participate in? yes...no?

on another note, my thanksgiving break has finally started (woo and yay), and i want a little sno yeti. <33 be safe traveling, masq. and happy thanksgiving to all. ^__^  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:38 pm
my sanity is questionable right now. My dad's friend, Stuart, where I'm staying the night tonight . . . well he picked me up from my dorm but then he didn't have time to take me to his house and then go back to work, so i've been at his work watching soap operas and daily talk shows in the staff lounge. I'm hungry as hell as I haven't had much to eat. gonk crying But anyways when something good finally gets on TV, i'm dragged away and I want to go back and watch tv or SOMETHING. Or get the power cord for my laptop out of the car so I can watch anime and stuffz. But anyways- yes I was thinking that I wasn't going to make the price ranges too high, as I know must people don't have a lot of gold. I doubt it would go over 10k- if even that. I was going to make a meet the mods sticky in the main forum, just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. So wait- it'll pop up in the next few days. sweatdrop  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

froggyfluf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:20 pm
Masquanade
meet the mods is ok with me- but it goes into chatterbox, or I unsticky the fantasy DCI thread (and it doesn't come back up)
o.O? *confusion*

alright...why not just move the other one, then?  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games