Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:03 pm
"She was boring?" Kali asked with a shrug, though quickly continued, "Or she lived her usefulness, or Phoenix got away, at which point goodie for her."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:37 pm
Gaston leans against the bar, glowering quietly for a bit. What he really wants to do is ask Phoenix exactly what happened to her...but she's obviously in no state to relive and recount the tale. So they'll have to get their information elsewhere.

"The biggest thing will be finding out what exactly they want with Adam. If it were just a matter of some a*****e trying to take his head, they could just shoot him and behead him when he's down." Gaston remarks. "But these people took great pains to take him alive."

He looks at Phoenix. "The bad guys used one of his students as bait, in order to draw him out. Maybe they'd be inclined to use another of Adam's students against him. Then again, why would they bother if they already have him?" Gaston would have no problem volunteering, but would there even be a point to his plan?  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:16 pm
"The guy who challenged Adam called himself Braheem al Beik," Booth said when he could get a word in edgewise. "The others showed up after the fight started." He glanced down at the russet hair of the girl in his arms, feeling a twinge of youthful loyalty come over him. "Maybe they left Phoenix with one Immortal to kill her, and she got him."

MacLeod closed the office door behind Luana, looking at her anxiously. "Luana, did you kill a mortal today?" His eyes dropped to the spray of blood on her dress.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:46 am
She watched him with cold eyes a moment, how easily she had slipped into coldness from her normal kind manner it was hard to tell which suited her better. Though she answered calmly, "Yes." What was she to do, lie about it, it wasn't her nature by far, besides they already knew the answer, she figuring they had guessed why as well. She didn't explain, as if it were below to her bother with her reasons on such an act, in fact she had nothing else to say unless asking another question.

"Gesh, what's with you people and crack pot names, I swear sometimes you guys pick a few name you think sound cool then blindly throw a few together something weird." The comment was completely off topic, "But I could see that happening if they under estimated birdy chick." Now she was stealing other people's nicknames for her, but hey she liked it.

Phoenix seemed to finally gather herself together given she went to pull away from Booth wiping at her tears with a t-shirt sleeve, she would have liked a set of her own clothes but that wasn't mattering at the moment. For right now she tried to pay attention to what was going on and being talked about, if not a little paler then looked healthy and maybe shaking a little.

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:08 pm
"What, did you drop out or something? Don't be stupid." Attitude and angst gets boring after a while, and Gaston's temper is running short tonight.

"Braheem al Beik is an Arabic name." Gaston looks at Booth, since this was his information. "The subject of Adam's research originated in that area. al Beik may well have been after it. Since he's now dead, it's his allies we need to worry about. If we can turn up some information on al Beik, it could give us an idea where to start."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:57 pm
MacLeod nodded, proceding carefully as he watched Luana. "Why?"

Booth smiled reassuringly at Phoenix as he handed her a napkin, then looked at Gaston. "Yes, al Beik was Arabic. The others who were with him were various ethnicities -- I didn't get a good look at them, but I think one was oriental."

He didn't say anything more, even though he knew the laptop Kali was messing with linked to the Watcher Chronicles database -- with proper password, thankfully. Unless Joe said it was okay, he had taken an oath not to reveal the secret organization.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:42 pm
"First may I ask how you leaned one way or another?" Luana counted coldly, not really in the mood to answer twenty questions about one event, true the event was a simi important one in the long run, not that she all that sure why it was being brought up right now of all times.

Phoenix gladly took the napkin from him and gave a small smile before using it to finish drying her face, seeming a little more collected now at lest.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:04 pm
For someone not in the mood to answer twenty questions about one event, Luana seemed not inclined to answer the one question that would cut any further questions out. Not to mention she was acting very defensive for someone who may have had a good reason for what she had done. She was acting very guilty.

Joe answered her as Duncan's brows lowered like a thundercloud. "There was a witness," he said, indicating the bar beyond the closed door. "The girl you stabbed saw you kill Duard, but missed the lead up."  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:14 pm
She tilted her head on that as if seemed slightly interested, "To start he shoot me, or rather tried to, with a tranquilizing gun, which I did not take kindness to, along with other problems he caused to try to stop me." Not a complete answer, but the beginning of one at lest, it was all she was inclined to do at the moment given the fact she was starting to feel like she really should not have came here.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:44 pm
"He attacked you," Mac said, somewhat satisfied. He was an honest man, and prized honesty in others, which was why Amanda and Methos occasionally drove him nuts. His dark brown eyes fixed ernestly onto Luana's face. "You might want to sit down. Joe and I have something to tell you that might be..." an understatement. "...upsetting."  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:38 pm
"I do not require to sit." Was her still deadly calm answer on that, not seeing anything they could have told her that would have surprised her.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:17 pm
Gaston could understand Booth's desire to keep his organization secret...his work with Balance is much the same way. Besides, if half the people in the room knew the kind of bad guys he dealt with on a regular basis, they'd likely soil themselves.

Anyway...

"The people who snatched Adam from the Waffle House...did anyone catch sight of a license plate? If the vehicle had any, they're likely stolen, but it's somewhere to start. If needed, I can call work and have them run the numbers." It's fun to have fake National Security Agency credentials.  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:36 am
Duncan looked at Joe. The last thing he needed was this woman freaking out with his mortal friend close by, but he knew that Joe was only deceptively helpless. Just because he had two prostetic legs didn't mean he couldn't handle himself in an emergency.

"Very well," Mac said. "Luana, Joe is part of an organization called The Watchers. They are at least two thousand years old, ever since they first realized there were Immortals walking among them."

"We're supposed to watch, observe, and record your histories," Joe interjected, "but never interfer. Duard was your Watcher, I'm Duncan's, Booth is Adam's. Duard was supposed to just watch you and keep a journal. In attacking you, he broke his oath."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:42 am
OOC: Since none of characters who witnessed the shoot out are in the room, I thought I should point out for Matthew -- the likeliest person to answer Gaston -- that the original van the kidnappers arrived in had no lisence plates, and the SUV that came to rescue the bad guys pulled up on the other side of the van before driving off. Matt may have gotten a partial number from that one.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:46 am
She was silent on that, though gave no reaction past her silence, mostly in her thoughts for a few seconds, though next she spoke her words were softer, "I...see." Luana didn't have much else to say on that, in a twisted way it made sense, slightly, maybe, maybe it really did not. She glanced between Joe and Duncan a moment, half hoping one of them would tell her it was a joke of some kind, judging by their faces it wasn't though. It was then she sought out a seat and rather much just fell into it, she felt rather, stupid maybe, now, or at lest ill informed, as much as she knew that she shouldn't, that wasn't something she had ever even thought about. "Why?" The question was simple though sharper now, minor hints of anger and distrust put into one little word told more then anything else. She didn't like the idea Watchers, not at all, mainly because she valued the more hidden aspects of her life, most of her past she wasn't too fond of, the idea others knew of it was upsetting to put it lightly.

Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff