Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:52 am
I just hope that Dan doesn't screw it up. He can fill out some of the plotholes, but not everything. There should always be holes in the plot for the future.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:05 am
Agreed, like the two missing legions. Stuff like that should stay in the realm of mystery.

I am however, interested to see how he, and if he, rewrites some of the extremely controversial Sabretooth fluff.  

berserker_girl

AldosFirestar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:17 am
Well thats one of the nice things about 40k there are places for the players to make the storyline themselves its another smart and great aspect of 40k  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:06 pm
AldosFirestar
Well thats one of the nice things about 40k there are places for the players to make the storyline themselves its another smart and great aspect of 40k

I think that is why alot of people got angry when Sabretooth filled in the blanks of the Heresy. Like Ferrus' beheading at the hands of a possessed Fulgrim; hell, even I was ticked off about that.  

berserker_girl

Symos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:23 pm
Think the "Warrior Lodge" idea will remain intact?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:44 pm
Lt_Brookman
I just hope that Dan doesn't screw it up. He can fill out some of the plotholes, but not everything. There should always be holes in the plot for the future.

yeah like the fact that there are two legions we know nothing about, not even their names are listed  

vaholm

berserker_girl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:48 pm
Symos
Think the "Warrior Lodge" idea will remain intact?

I think so. Its pretty much canon as far as I know.

@ Vaholm: Agreed; the two missing legions are as much a part of 40k lore as the Heresy itself.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:54 pm
they'll probly come back around the time the Legion of the damned gets a book which won't be for years, but still leaves some good armies to see later  

vaholm

berserker_girl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:41 pm
vaholm
they'll probly come back around the time the Legion of the damned gets a book which won't be for years, but still leaves some good armies to see later

I think the LotD will get supplements, but I can't see GW going all the way and making a book. (Have you heard something I haven't?) And besides, they're not really a whole chapter. They only number something like a company.

I wish they would create new updated rules for all of the Cursed Founding chapters, though. I love the Lamenters and the Minotaurs! (Ironically they hate eachother).  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:11 am
no I cant say I have seen anything, though it'd be cool even if they got part of a book covering the cursed founding, it could happen if they did them as an allied force like the Grey Knights, or the SoB
we'll probly see a codex adeptus mechanicus before that ever happens  

vaholm

berserker_girl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:34 am
vaholm
no I cant say I have seen anything, though it'd be cool even if they got part of a book covering the cursed founding, it could happen if they did them as an allied force like the Grey Knights, or the SoB

They wrote rules for them, and they were actually pretty good, and were allies. But then 4th edition came out and they said they would write new rules. As far as I know, they still haven't, and said to just use the traits system. I still use the old rules, but new ones might not be a bad thing.

Codex Mechanicus would rock! Imagine the gun platforms and all the cool stuff you could give your lord... then branch it all out into the different subgroups, and you could pull out some awesome things.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:53 am
berserker_girl
vaholm

They wrote rules for them, and they were actually pretty good, and were allies. But then 4th edition came out and they said they would write new rules. As far as I know, they still haven't, and said to just use the traits system. I still use the old rules, but new ones might not be a bad thing.

Codex Mechanicus would rock! Imagine the gun platforms and all the cool stuff you could give your lord... then branch it all out into the different subgroups, and you could pull out some awesome things.

the Adeptus won't appear untill the Void Dragon on mars wakes up and that would lead to a techno civil war, think about it all the machine priests loyal to the Imperium on one side and all the dirty necron worshipers on the other. New age of Strife in my opinion, and maybe it would break the Mech's strangle hold on technology. humans might start inventing things again!  

vaholm

Roboute_Gulliman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:00 pm
vaholm

Acutally, Codex Mechanicus is up to bat after Codex: Orks, Codex: Dark Eldar, Codex: Eldar, Codex: Salamanders, Codex: Mechanicus  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:58 pm
While on the subject of the Mechanicus, and to bring this thread back on topic, has anyone gotten their hands on Dark Adeptus? Started reading it? Have you read the excerpt from the Black Library site? What do you think of it?

I read the excerpt, the book isn't at my book stores yet. I think it going to be a great, action packed book, much like Grey Knights. What I can't wait for is the rumour of possessed titans! Can anysone say Banelord? twisted  

berserker_girl

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:26 pm
I preferred the way the Adeptus Mechanicus was portrayed in the Shira Calpurnia. I especially liked the fight between the magos and the rogue trader tech priest, it wasn't normal, that made it so great.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games