Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
___ ways to annoy your band director Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheLostOne42

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:18 pm
i traded trumoets with my friends and when we tuned, it wasnt pretty

also i traded my first turmpet part for a second trumpet part, and he wondered what we were doing  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:41 pm
playing in rest  

muffinprincess

LHS_Squirrel

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:12 pm
doodling on an instrument that u shouldnt even have out while she's talking.

i dont do that, but it annoys the heck out of both the BD and me since im in the same section with him. Dern 1st tenor...  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:32 am
imitate them the whole way through band (my friend did that - teacher was not impressed)  

Kiniau

Lomedraug

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:26 am
celebrate when one of your section get a part right. while celebrating get up and march about the room and walk out of the room...(trombones have done this)

be out of the room when you're suppose to being playing (percussionists do this)

never shut up or stop playing (random people)  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:39 pm
Tap really, REALLY loudly.  

Chef Paula Deen

Blaze-kun

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:58 pm
The first chair clarinet in my band always does this... our band director leaves the room to put in attendance while we warm up. He always sets one of the tuners so that it keeps going beeeeeeeep. So every day the band director has to find the tuner and turn it off. One time the guy hid a tuner beeeping under the tissue box and my band director just shrugged it off saying, "real cute".  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:41 pm
Have one person (ideally the first chair) play every single note a half-step off. This was driving me INSANE today stressed !
Sorry if someone already said this sweatdrop  

Snucius

Anesthetically Yours

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:05 pm
Play a B-natural instead of a B-flat. That's what really gets my director. xp  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:02 pm
when a part of the song asks for piano...and you have a squecky or annoying instrument like the oboe, me, play super loud and blame it on the horn...

then when you can't play the part right, or you have a solo with the muted trumpets..play oober soft especially right after she's nagged at you for playing too loud.

When she writes something important on the chalk board...and the words trumpets, shirt, erase a couple letters to make funny and crude words.

The the band-aid comes to pick up your music on the field, trip them...and laugh

or the traditional one...when she says listen and don't put away your horns, start talking as you put your horn away.  

Arii2640

Arii2640

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:07 pm
One of our more talented High School trupmets...started playing the death march as the director took to the podium...then the others joined in..her face got SOOO red blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:09 pm
At a concert when you're on the stage..and they can hear every tap...especially with high heels...even though they say don't...Tap as loud as you can...trust me most people join in...lol  

Arii2640

TaylaEwa

6,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:33 pm
After listening to a 30 min lecture the night before a contest about what to eat that night and the next day.. come in the next morning with 3 dozen donuts and 2 12-packs of Mountain Dew.. and eat them in front of the band director.

our head BD nearly killed our low brass section the day of State...  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:36 pm
Forget your instument the day of state.

Low-brass, saxes, and a few trumpets did this once.. lol...  

TaylaEwa

6,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100

pyro_magick

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:28 pm
__penguin__
When you get tested in front of everyone to play the march... instead start playing a football song like louie louie blaugh
i love th louie louie song oh take your friends mouthpeice and throw it across the room when we stop  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games