Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
What do your parents think? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neon~Starshine

Questionable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:13 am
My mom calls my music devil music and when I lived with her I could never let her hear it or she'd scream at me.

My dad just thinks I'm a freak but he doesn't really care.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:09 am
My mom and my dad don't realy care, as long as i keep the visible piercings down and don't get black hair dye and eyliner stains on the towels we're all good. my step mother seems to think that i'm a second class citizen for being this way but honestly i could care less. except wen her daughter said i was "discusting" (and she was like 5 at the time) when i heard this i told my step-mom that the kid was going to grow up and be horrible to goth kids and possibly push one to suicide. the woman had the nerve to look at e and say "well God bless her if she does" i swear i almost lost it.  

Gaylord Mule 3

DR490N

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:46 am
eh. at least your actual rents accept it.
mine is a psycho christian b***h. i bought myself a fishnet top the other day and she was disgusted. also, she hates that i wear black nailpolish on occasion and sometimes have my girlfriend put eyeliner on me.
she's incredibly closedminded and has tried to control my life through my whole life. she controlled the way i dressed until i was 13, though she never could control the music i listened to.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:48 pm
Sometimes my mother wouldnt even let me leave the house with her unless I changed clothes. She hated my baggy black jeans, I loved them. It was absolutely FORBIDDEN for me to wear my hood of my cloak up in my own neighborhood because it would of course make her look like a bad parent for raising the devil child that I am. rolleyes I wasnt allowed to have my friends over after a neighbor told her we looked like vampires when we were harmlessly hanging out outside.  

ReverofeviL

cold.wire.lips

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:08 pm
my mother was furious with me when i borrowed her winter coat when she locked me out of the house and i had to sleep in the snow.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:25 pm
cold.wire.lips
that doesn't have anything to do with the clothes you wear, my love.
being told you were to be strangled because you have mismatching neon shoelaces? oh, my mistake. i'll delete that.  

lysseee

6,100 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

AS574

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:57 pm
My parents won't let me ware make up. And my sister won't let me buy the clothes I want. [lol I bought goth stuffs on the band trip... suck on that!]  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:06 pm
At first my mom wouldn't let me buy the cloths and forbid me black nail polish. My dad was always cool with it. If I got anything that I really wanted I went with him, as long as I promised him that I still loved Jesus... sweatdrop My dad was always my musical inspiration too. After I got into college my mom was telling me things like "black looks good on your nails" and weird stuff like that.  

lyssiah

a_sin_for_him

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:56 pm
my parents really don't care anymore, because I've been dressing like this for about 8 years now, almost 9 years...

My dad never really said anything about it.
Sometimes he would say that it was too much, But he knew he coudln't stop me... He Laughed at me a lot, because the clothes i wore or the color my hair was, and It always changed, so He never knew what to expect!...

My Mom, She Hated my hair, and still does!.... She's trying to be okay with it, and for the most part, she is. When I first started dressing this way, with the fishnet sleeves and such, she wouldn't even take me into a store with her, and was embarrassed by me, but whatever, she got over it!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:47 am
Well, I'm not exactly goth. I'm still in that weird transitory stage, if one exists. If not then, consider me a not-goth or a poser. I don't really care. Point is, my dad doesn't really care, mother on the other hand freaks if I even paint my nails black rolleyes

And she says I have a closed mind. stare  

shadowcat715

Devastating-Dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:33 pm
Oh, dear Lord...My parents hate the fact I am looped in with the label "gothic." They despise the "devil music" I listen to, and my non-Satanistic-Satanist friends. Every time I come around they glare. Heh. They don't approve of it at all, but I pay for my own things, so they can't really do much about it. They are slowly adapting, I guess, to my darker tastes...

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:32 pm
I don't live with either of my parents, but meh... Last I knew my dad thought it was cute, and he was a bit pleased to find out that I listened to some of the same "underground rock'n'roll" as he does. My mum is indifferent, which I expected. One of my elder brothers is a metal head who used to come home covered in blood and vomit for gods sake! She didn't care so long as he was happy, and it's the same with me.  

Serjo Sammie

MyLittlePwny.!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:27 pm
My mum is proud of me, she used to be a goth too when she was younger. So there are a lot of band that we both listen to, I borrow some of her old clothes, vinyl records, cassettes (we both squealed with excitement when she found an old recording from a gig with The Sisters of Mercy she went to like, 20 years ago blaugh ) and stuff. My dad listens to loads of goth music too, so it's all good. 3nodding  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff