Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:45 pm
Oggy, Aryah, and Skye- I've revoked your crew status because well you haven't been active. I know Oggy and Aryah gave some excuse and Skye has limited internet access. So if any of you ever become active again please just say so and i'll return your crew access. 3nodding heart  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:27 pm
I know...I didn't feel right asking to be officially put back as a mod after I asked you to revoke me awhile ago...I've wondered why you hadn't taken it way so far...I've just been lurking in the shadows helping when it wouldn't interfere with the rest of the mods...

I don't know if I'd be a good choice anymore... like you said..there are others that deserve it more...which is true...*sighs*  

Skye of Thunder

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:23 pm
Skye of Thunder
I know...I didn't feel right asking to be officially put back as a mod after I asked you to revoke me awhile ago...I've wondered why you hadn't taken it way so far...I've just been lurking in the shadows helping when it wouldn't interfere with the rest of the mods...

I don't know if I'd be a good choice anymore... like you said..there are others that deserve it more...which is true...*sighs*

aw sky
i still love you!
i'll give you back your crew status
if you want it  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:16 pm
Naw..thank you, but others deserve it far more...I'll officially kick my own butt out of the way...  

Skye of Thunder

Ascend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:34 pm
Masquanade
No you don't decline them. I said please post. It's not required. sweatdrop I'm just seeing how many people actaully read the front of the page and how many don't. Some do, some don't.

Okie dokie. :3  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:09 pm
Masquanade
No you don't decline them. I said please post. It's not required. sweatdrop I'm just seeing how many people actaully read the front of the page and how many don't. Some do, some don't.

But yes there is a MARCHING french horn and a CONCERT french horn AND a mellaphone. The magicalness of it all.

And I actually saw a marching french horn for the first time on Thursday. They're not as complex as concert french horns.

Hello, I have returned. I returned yesterday, but have been catching up on schoolwork, and I don't know when I'll get back in the groove of things here. Stand by. cool  

Durza the Shade

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:06 am
Welcome back durza  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:36 pm
You know how we have sections for each instrument? Could I make a Jazz Band, as an official-ish thing like the sections? There are quite a few people in jazz bands on here so I thought it might make a good idea.  

Nappy

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:52 pm
Nappy
You know how we have sections for each instrument? Could I make a Jazz Band, as an official-ish thing like the sections? There are quite a few people in jazz bands on here so I thought it might make a good idea.

if you wish
i think it would help keep the jazz band threads down
instead of a bunch of little ones going over different areas of jazz band it would be nice to have one big thread  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:07 pm
Can only the guild captain make announcements and sticky threads? I have yet to find the buttons to do that. (I don't have anything to be stickied; just curious.)  

Wildervast

Space Werewolf

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:08 pm
Silver Gryphon
Can only the guild captain make announcements and sticky threads? I have yet to find the buttons to do that. (I don't have anything to be stickied; just curious.)

mods can
when you go to make a new post
down at the bottom it'll ask you whether you make a regular thread, a sticky, or an announcment, but refrain from making an announcments because i really only want one thread for that- and that's the update page 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:11 pm
A request I just from someone wanting to join:

I in band blah blah blah

And because the scary tuba lady told me so.

sweatdrop eek whee
who wants to confess?

also why i'm gone and we magically reach the 413th member- TELL ME WHO IT IS! People you haven't been telling me when we reach the 100 marks! But I'm skippping the 400th mark and waiting till member 413th because we had 412 members in the old BNG so 413 will be surpassing our old selves. whee  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

DiddleFreak61387

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:07 pm
Hey Mods, i have an idea for an activity for the guild, maybe something along the lines of a Fantasy Drum Corps...

It would break down something like this:

Each Applicant Picks a section from a Drum Corps, you can pick from Percussion, Brass, Low Brass, and Auxilary lines.

Then each person is responsible for checking their statistics for their section(s) IE the scores for that band such as Individual Marching, Individual Music, etc... You then add up the scores from the corps's shows and then divide that number by 3 (one for each section IE Brass, Percussion and Guard), then that is your fantasy corps's score for the week.

Rules: you can't have more than one section from a drum corps, such as 2 parts Blue Devils, and one part Phantom Regiment. You must have a mix of 3 different bands. In the event of a tie you take your band's sectional scores and add them up, highest score breaks the tie.

alright now i probably confused alot of you but i hope that you all slightly understand what i'm saying, and i guess that the winner can recieve an item courtesy of the guild...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:40 am
Nintendo Punk 05
Hey Mods, i have an idea for an activity for the guild, maybe something along the lines of a Fantasy Drum Corps...

It would break down something like this:

Each Applicant Picks a section from a Drum Corps, you can pick from Percussion, Brass, Low Brass, and Auxilary lines.

Then each person is responsible for checking their statistics for their section(s) IE the scores for that band such as Individual Marching, Individual Music, etc... You then add up the scores from the corps's shows and then divide that number by 3 (one for each section IE Brass, Percussion and Guard), then that is your fantasy corps's score for the week.

Rules: you can't have more than one section from a drum corps, such as 2 parts Blue Devils, and one part Phantom Regiment. You must have a mix of 3 different bands. In the event of a tie you take your band's sectional scores and add them up, highest score breaks the tie.

alright now i probably confused alot of you but i hope that you all slightly understand what i'm saying, and i guess that the winner can recieve an item courtesy of the guild...

I know nothing about drum corps but I would like to.. if I knew anything about what you were talking about, I would proably say
"COOL IDEA!" *glomps* but sorry... don't know.... this is my first postie in here... ^_^ xd heart  

Pillilu

Feral Cat

RinoaHeartilly

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:41 am
BandGeekGirl
I know nothing about drum corps but I would like to.. if I knew anything about what you were talking about, I would proably say
"COOL IDEA!" *glomps* but sorry... don't know.... this is my first postie in here... ^_^ xd heart

Same here... I don't know too much about drum corps either whee  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games