Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[GWW Guild Mule]

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:56 pm
Hi, I am Kandice.
I am 16 years old, and I am a female, you know. I study Folk magic mostly, and I have been studying for 13-14 years. I like teaching my friend about wicca, even though I am not that good at it, and still am studying. So, wish me luck. xD
Anyways, I can't wait to learn some stuff from here. <3

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:45 pm
I'm Kosem. Honestly I don't believe I know crap about anything. Some of you may have seen other posts of mine in other guilds, forget about them. I've deleted the worst ones out of irritation for the stupidity that I used to engage in. I'm glad to be here and have a place to start fresh and anew. I've read Drawing Down The Moon, and while an excellent read it is very dating. I am always eager to learn what I can, even if I don't agree with it. I'm an avid reader so I can't wait to dig into the books listed.  

Kosem

Laruza

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:07 pm
Greetings and thank you for accepting me.

As an online entity I am Laruza, but an Andi offline(either's fine). I'm 24, I had been studying and practicing what I thought was wicca since 1995, first solitary then several years with a rather wonderful coven. While they are great, as maiden, I realized I was stuck teaching newbies how to breath more than learning anything above 101 material. I knew after settling in that I was the one straining against the fluffiness there, but who was I to say as I began to notice fluff on myself due to mis or lack of education. It got worse when I met up with a Correlian (now split away from the trad) group. The survivors of the rocky periods have a good shot of being a very public liason in our area and as I'm asked to step up and take a higher leading position, I question if I know anything at all. I am on a quest to re-evaluate and retrain myself and hope here is a good place to start before I accept any students.

The 1st coven was termed "traditional ecletic" but in personal practice I work with Egyptian deities and tip toe along the lines of ceremonial practices although I don't mind good ol' low magic either.

Can't wait to dig around the posts and hear what you all have to say!  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:53 pm
My friend Atepah is in this guild. I saw pagan and knew i HAD to join. this place is COOL!  

amaya_lunas

Aged Bloodsucker

6,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Citizen 200

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:21 pm
Dragon_Witch_Woman
Helloooooo, my name is wiccandragon Dragon_Witch_Woman...dragon for short, i've been studying for oh..i don't know about 5 years now..not sure have anything i've read, so much information and so few real pagans around were i live. so this guild is a goddess send.

Oh crap, I'm back. *yaaaay*

ahem

Anyway. What was posted many moons ago, is pertty much still true, exept I've read a few more books. Had a bit of a problem with to many guilds, but its all good now xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:36 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hello. My name is Lark. I am 61 years old and have been a practicing Wiccan for nearly 20 years now. I am the founding HPS of Tangled Moon Coven here in Tennessee. I enjoy writing and teaching on Craft subjects. Hope to meet lots of new folks here.

-Lark-  

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:08 pm
Kuroiban
Hey...I joined about a week ago. Probably would have posted a greeting sooner, but I didn't realize that this is where they went. sweatdrop

I've been researching Paganism off and on for about 9 year or so. I don't proclaim to be much of an expert on most things, but I do believe myself to be well rounded in my knowledge. While I have great respect for the Wiccan religion, it is not for me. I find myself in a bit of "grayish" territory, not really certain where I would stand on some offical, religious studies sorta sliding scale. This suits me fine, as I don't care if my beliefs have a name or not, as they are my beliefs and that is just fine for me thank you smile

WHile my beliefs don't have a name, I can tell you I do absorb a lot of eastern philosophy into my views on things, and I have a high respect for the duel nature of all things. I don't do ritual very often, for a set of reasons that are a bit on the complex side. PM me if your curious.

The only really good thing I have is an original mind. I can usually come up with original ideas and solutions. So if anyone is having a problem figuring out a new way to do a ritual or would like a second opinion on something, feel free to PM me. biggrin

Um...I'm back?

I was on Gaia awhile ago, and left jointly due to the lack of a good internet connection and because people can be dumber then you would hope is possiable.

Ah my poor poor dismembered hopes of the limits of human dumb-ocity. Rest in peace friends. crying

In any event, I'm back. Not much has changed about me and where I stand. Drop a PM if you have any questions or wish for a different perspective on things; I'll try my best to help you out as best as I can. whee  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:20 pm
hey i read about how to do n OBE and me and jake1231001 havetried to do it should we stop  

Demonizing

jake1231001

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:45 pm
Hel_911
hey i read about how to do n OBE and me and jake1231001 havetried to do it should we stop
no way i masterd it  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:01 pm
Greetings.
My given name is Erich.
The information in my profile is correct, for other tastey tidbits such as age and location.
Let's see, where to begin with the pertinent facts which aren't oathbound...
Well, for starters, I place a very large importance on oaths.
I was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormons to the common populous.) until a rather nasty bit of politicing led to my unfortunate excommunication.
I have since wandered about, observing several religions, before settling into my current one. Which is (arguably heretical) Zoroastrianism, one of the arguably heretical portions is that it is an Avestanic group, in that it accepts converts, but still adamantly discourages proselytizing.
I am a keeper of secrets and may not be terribly useful, as much of the knowledge I have come to is bound by oathes.
On the topic of knowledge... while I applaud attempts to help others learn, I believe, ultimately, each person must seek the knowledge they desire and grasp it for themselves, rather than have it given to them.
In other words, I'm more than happy to help on the road, but the final destination is up to the individual. wink  

Fiddlers Green

Dulliath

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:33 am
Hi

I am a 43 year old mother of 4 boys. I have been studying and practicing as a solitary for about 7 years. I guess you would classify me as a kitchen witch. Since most of our funds go towards the kids, most of my knowledge has come from searching and reading online, and trial and error. I enjoy studying history and mythology in general. For the last few years, I have mainly focused on the Irish myths and cycles.

Umm...I'm not sure what else to say for an introduction.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:00 am
Guten Tag!

My name is Usa (well, technically its Denise, but you get the idea) and I'm a 17 year old living in Georgia. Woot. As you've probably already gathered, I don't really have that many resources at my disposal and not many people I can discuss my path with. That's where all of you come in! Yay!

If you must know- which you must, because that's the whole point to this guild, ne?- I consider myself ecclectic. Or however many 'c's are in that word. I dunno. I can't spell. But I digress. I really don't have a 'main path' that I base my beliefs on. Infact, most of my beliefs I couldn't sit here and tell you where they came from. Heck, some of 'em I might have even just made up or something. I dunno. I'm one of those, "if it sounds good, I'm keeping it" kinda people.

I started reading about Neo-paganism in 7th grade. Around the start of 10th grade I decided to convert. I'm now about to start my 12th grade year. I'm sort of lazy in my practices, but recently I have been trying to do more.

So... that's me. Yup.  

Usachan

Sevendreams

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:06 am
I don't want to sound like a silly fanboy, but... ZOMG I'm so happy to have found this guild!!!11!!one!! rofl

I want to thank you all for clarifying in the Wicca 101 post about what Wicca is[n't], because that concisely answered a lot of the questions that zipping through books in popular bookstores and websites have not. I also want to thank you for letting me join this guild and look forward to the continual shaving of fluff off my perceptions.

Now that that's out of the way, you can call me Seven or 7 for short. I'm a guy, 27, and living in Sacramento, California. I have a 4 year old son from a previous relationship and am engaged to a wonderful woman.

As for my path... I really have no clue what I am seeking, but I have been seeking it for about 12 years, unsuccessfully, and mainly through subjective experience, and to a lesser extent, books, web sites, a meetup group, and whoever I might run into that I have the courage to talk to.

Before I was 15, I used to have no doubt that I was Christian. At 15, my closest friend began to reveal his "other life," meaning his practice in being what he calls a "Curandera," or in his best translation, a Shaman or, forgive the use of what I feel is a crude term, "witch doctor." His practice was entirely based around the ideas of protection and healing, which also frequently required the turning of others' attempts at harm against them as a matter of completeness. His methods centered around cooperation with spirits, i.e., they are "assigned" to him and he has to help them as they help him. He also employed candles, herbs, and cooking, and his rituals could be quick or they could be weeks long. These things he learned through the teachings of a Curandera in his family, who probably learned it from another family member--and so I feel extremely privelaged for his having invested so much time and energy with me, who is not a family member, but instead received this as a "birthday gift" which he gave me, beginning at age 15.

Anyway, what this means for me is I spent many years with him in discussion and practice, but I never felt that it suited what I was seeking; however, it was the catalyst I needed to start down a path other than the rigid Lutheran path my family follows, and did provide a foundation for protecting myself and those I love, which I am eternally grateful to him for. But once I started questioning my beliefs, I never stopped, and to this day, I feel that this challenge has proven to be like an architect, by himself, not only conceptualizing, planning drawing out a massive, complex structure, but constructing it, using very questionable building materials.

The second person I met along my way also learned what he did through another family member, although I have yet to figure him out. Mainly what I learned by being this person's roommate was to open my mind also to the state of the world, to politics, government, wars, to protection not only through my (I wish there were a better word than spiritual) practices, but also through knowledge of laws, combat tactics and modern weaponry, and to be wary of the power stemming from the tendencies of the darker side of human nature, such as greed and bloodthirst.

I know this leaves a lot of details out. I'd be happy to answer what I can, but I am recovering from a long period of stifled creativity and spirituality, ending with my former relationship, and so I have forgotten a lot of what was taught to me, but then again who knows what I might remember if asked. My former wasn't a bad person, but I think she may have something of a vampiric tendency, because when I was away from her for periods of time, I would feel my inspiration and energy returning, as it has been recently, which prompted my return to this search for knowledge, enlightenment, or whatever it is I am seeking.

Long-winded greeting aside, a pleasure to meet you and be a member of the PFRC!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:54 am
Hi! My name is Niamh, my screen name being a derivation of my nickname niamhy. I'm Irish. I have very few conceptions about paganism, but an awareness of my staggering ignorance and desire to learn. Don't know what that scores me on the fluffy scale, but the sooner I'm off it the better.  

niamhybeag

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:03 am
niamhybeag
Hi! My name is Niamh, my screen name being a derivation of my nickname niamhy. I'm Irish. I have very few conceptions about paganism, but an awareness of my staggering ignorance and desire to learn. Don't know what that scores me on the fluffy scale, but the sooner I'm off it the better.

Niamh as in Quantum_Leaper's Niamh or as in some other person who lives in Ireland, knows about the PFRG (not to mention Gaia in general) and joined the PFRG out of pure synchronicity?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games