Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xa44s RPs

Back to Guilds

I do RPs 

Tags: Adventure, Fantasy 

Reply Xa44s RPs
Episode 3 planing stuff Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:23 pm
Haru Yates

Maybr bolth, people who are good with music tend to play more then 1 thing, even if they mainly practice 1  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:28 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Not many characters are planned out as of now but a bard definitely would show up, and if you want that as part of your character then I will plan things

Nah, I wouldn't say that I want him to be a bard. (He's much more of a rogue.) Terran has no intention of playing music for anybody unless he's pretty much forced into it. It's one of those situations where he knows how to play, but he simply doesn't want to. Music isn't really a big part of his life. He could play with a bard if the need ever arises. (eg, bard plays fiddle, Terran plays double bass, and the song would be "the devil went down to georgia". Because that would be epic, rofl! *half-joking*)  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:30 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Maybr bolth, people who are good with music tend to play more then 1 thing, even if they mainly practice 1

I like this idea! whee  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:32 pm
Haru Yates
"the devil went down to georgia".

Random tavern dude:whats this georgia you keep talking bout  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:36 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Terran: *Shrugs* Don't ask, I didn't write it.

xp  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:40 pm
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates

Terran: *Shrugs* Don't ask, I didn't write it.

xp

Lol  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:07 pm
Xa44

So I was looking to see if you can play double bass and cello interchangeably, but I seem to find more differences (different pitch, range, tuning, shape, the bows, etc). So I may not be able to reasonably make him play both because he wouldn't have been passionate enough to bother to learn the different finger positions for both instruments.

Although this video may inspire me to pick double bass for him. (It picks up faster about half-way through the video.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:13 pm
Haru Yates
Xa44

So I was looking to see if you can play double bass and cello interchangeably, but I seem to find more differences (different pitch, range, tuning, shape, the bows, etc). So I may not be able to reasonably make him play both because he wouldn't have been passionate enough to bother to learn the different finger positions for both instruments.

Although this video may inspire me to pick double bass for him. (It picks up faster about half-way through the video.)

I have heard of people who play piano and the recorder, and if he isn't really going to be into music then I feel like this might just be a minor thing that maybe you do once or twice at a camp or something  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:38 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates
Xa44

I have heard of people who play piano and the recorder, and if he isn't really going to be into music then I feel like this might just be a minor thing that maybe you do once or twice at a camp or something

*shrugs* To be honest, Terran probably wouldn't volunteer to play unless there was a reason. He might agree to play if it helps him reach his goal, such as in a trade (or in exchange for a room at an inn, to gain somebody's favor, or to infiltrate somewhere), but not generally for the pure enjoyment of others.
If there was an instrument that I could picture him playing for the heck of it, it's an ocarina because they are easy to play and nice to hear, but the high notes on a typical Alto C ocarina can be kinda shrill, so they'd probably hurt his ears a little. (Much like blowing a whistle.) So I thought about making him play a bass ocarina, but they are kinda big to carry around everywhere (not to mention ceramic, so falling on one would hurt, if not break the thing). There is a smaller one (You can see it here), but I actually own that one and it's still pretty awkward to carry around. (It does not fit in my pocket!) So for that reason, I strayed away from something that he could play casually in favor of something that he doesn't own. He could probably do piano instead, but I'm still on the fence about the piano cliche.
Bass is best because of his sensitivity to high-pitched sounds.

What was my point again? Oh, yeah, he probably wouldn't play at camp unless it was something small (like the bass ocarina), but I agree that it's a minor thing to him. He may not ever play it during the campaign. As long as you know he can, then I'm satisfied. At present, Terran has no intention of showing off this skill, or even mentioning it to the others unless they ask.

***I'm leaning towards double bass or cello again because I don't want Terran to be travelling with a large instrument--unless you think he should have packed a backpack or a travel bag (with rations, bedroll, bandages, etc) before he leaves his home; then I'd go with the seedpod bass ocarina, which he might actually practice at camp.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:39 pm
Xa44

Also, Thanks for the prezzie! I loves it! heart  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:06 pm
Xa44

I think I might be sold on the Double Bass again. One of the things I wanted to be sure of was that it was an instrument that could be played quickly (as in tempo, not learning), and I finally found a video of a song called "Swallowtail Jig" (Irish folk song) played on a double bass! So that's enough for me to pick bass over cello for now. If he plays 2, I'd rather him play double bass and the seedpod bass ocarina (which is a 6-hole ocarina). I say "bass" because I feel like he could play it as loud as he wanted to without having to cover his ears.

Although I'm still not sure about mastering 2 instruments, even if the ocarina is a fairly easy instrument to learn. He definitely will not be travelling with a double bass strapped to his back. Like, ever.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:11 pm
Haru Yates

I'll keep it in mind, maybe for some music cathedral(dungeon(I mean that as in it would be like a zelda dungeonor something)) thing for now I will mainly be putting time into spells because you know. Only 10~% are done  

Xa44
Captain

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:14 pm
Haru Yates
mastering 2 instruments

You could just say he knows how to play it but only knows a few songs that he could play better on his main instrument  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:24 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates
mastering 2 instruments

You could just say he knows how to play it but only knows a few songs that he could play better on his main instrument

Hmmm~ maybe. I'll think about it some more. Like I said, I think I'm sold on the double bass, but he doesn't own one of his own so it's been a while since he's played. He may have only picked up the ocarina a year or 2 ago (maybe around the time of his mother's death) to simply pass the time when he's bored, so it's more casual.
Like I said, the ocarina may also depend on whether or not he's carrying a backpack or something, so I should ask you this: Should I expect Terran to have time to pack supplies before he sets out on this journey?  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:34 pm
Haru Yates
Should I expect Terran to have time to pack supplies before he sets out on this journey?

oh yeah*/TP to terran* its dangerous to go alone take this*tosses a bag at terran then TPs out*

bag of holding
a magical item originally made by the god of small containers to prove his worth as a god, soon afterwards arcain mages recreated it causing it to be mass produced  
Xa44s RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games