Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
📣 Introduce yourself here so we can welcome you! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Femme Mantis

Cute Punk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:04 pm
Hot damn, I didn't post in here? Looks like I've gotten lazy.

So ciao, the name is White, that's what you can call me here since it's what I go by on most sites anymore. I'm 23, turning 24 on November 2nd, a gore lover, happily dating user Prince Raivis who is my precious cutie pie and an avid roleplayer of 9-10 years. I love anime, cosplay, cats, tea, guro, horror/Disney films, yaoi and comic books.

I joined Gaia in 05 and this is my original, first account. Me and Gaia have had our quarrels but the site is my home if only for the userbase despite a few bad eggs in the basket I've met many a good friend here. I'm usually either lurking Site Feedback or posting in the series/ooc threads of Barton where all of my evil bidding takes place. I occasionally also enjoy blowing all my gold on art since it's all I want anymore.

Needless to say I support the site as often as I can with GC but with everything lately I've grown a little worried. I don't want to lose my home on the internet despite Tumblr eating away most of my social time now but I guess that's why I'm in this guild: Love the site, hate how it's going.

This introduction was long but whatever, I'm pretty chatty if you can't tell.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:06 pm
I am Mea, I am 23 years old and have been a Gaian since I was 14 years old back in 2004 when Gaia was new ish. I have joined this guild due to the greed and instability of the Market place increase in Gaia, I believe that the new CEO has made this happen for the soul purpose of money and segregation of all Gaians, dividing us all into the people with money, and the people who can't afford to spend money due to RL problems, the spenders have now become the priority and being greatly rewarded with an easy way out to buy their things, while the non spenders have been left out of the equation. We all can work together as one if we tried to maintain the Marketplace's inflammation, ether by discussing pricing, or, halt all Buying and selling in the marketplace till this whole thing blows over, I know we need to support Gaia and its staff members, yet they are ether taking this too far or really needing help in their daily lives and the site. Ether way this is killing Gaia, people are not having fun like they used to before all this rubbish with Flynn's Booty.

You might also be asking why am I not in a Mule....are you afraid of losing your stuff? Well, so far as I see it, what is the use of using a mule account if Gaia is going to die? If Gaia dies, I lose my Virtual Wealth anyways and have to start again somewhere else IF there is anywhere else .... so why not show I am not afraid of losing everything I have, so long as Gaia lives on! We need to work hard to preserve Gaia, we need to all stand together, payers, none payers, rich, poor, GCers, Non-GCers, it doesn't matter, we ether stand together or lose Gaia for good to the greed that has now possessed Gaia.  

Frozen Sandman

Bloodthirsty Gatekeeper

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:06 pm
White Flag Idiot
Hot damn, I didn't post in here? Looks like I've gotten lazy.

So ciao, the name is White, that's what you can call me here since it's what I go by on most sites anymore. I'm 23, turning 24 on November 2nd, a gore lover, happily dating user Prince Raivis who is my precious cutie pie and an avid roleplayer of 9-10 years. I love anime, cosplay, cats, tea, guro, horror/Disney films, yaoi and comic books.

I joined Gaia in 05 and this is my original, first account. Me and Gaia have had our quarrels but the site is my home if only for the userbase despite a few bad eggs in the basket I've met many a good friend here. I'm usually either lurking Site Feedback or posting in the series/ooc threads of Barton where all of my evil bidding takes place. I occasionally also enjoy blowing all my gold on art since it's all I want anymore.

Needless to say I support the site as often as I can with GC but with everything lately I've grown a little worried. I don't want to lose my home on the internet despite Tumblr eating away most of my social time now but I guess that's why I'm in this guild: Love the site, hate how it's going.

This introduction was long but whatever, I'm pretty chatty if you can't tell.

Pleasure to meet you, White.
It feels like yesterday since the likes of Azukeri Mercer brought me to Gaia, actually.
So long ago. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:58 pm
Hi guys! thanks for inviting me! heart I Agreed on whole matter and willing protest on it!  

Allie Fox

Celebrating Gaian

ryeou

Tiny Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:24 am
; n ;)/ oh my, im so nervous to do this
but hi hi hi ~!~!~!!
i'm soft hands ; n ; and i normally in the chatterbox or art forum lurking around.
thank you for inviting me to this guild, and lets make a change ; n ;)b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:37 am
soft hands
but hi hi hi ~!~!~!!
i'm soft hands ; n ; and i normally in the chatterbox or art forum lurking around.

You seem so pretty.
Pleased to meet you. redface  

Javier Cross

ryeou

Tiny Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:38 am
Javier Cross
soft hands
but hi hi hi ~!~!~!!

You seem so pretty.
aww thank you (/ A )
nice to meet you too~

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:52 am
soft hands
Javier Cross
soft hands
but hi hi hi ~!~!~!!

You seem so pretty.
aww thank you (/ A )
nice to meet you too~

Are you an artist?
Even if you are not an artist, you are welcome.  

Javier Cross

TwinkelenS t a r

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:06 am
Hello everyone! Madame Xiva is responsible for my presence in this guild; I thank her for that. Anywho, my name is TwinkelenS t a r, but you may call me Twinkle or Star if you so choose. I have been a member of Gaia since '04, though as of four years ago I had to acquire a new account due to my old one being hacked. -sadface-

I spend the majority of my time role playing in Barton. It is really the only reason I am still a part of the Gaian community.

I've never purchased anything with GC, because I can't fathom spending real money [and a lot of it to boot] on fake expensive items. That all being said, the GC system has made it very hard for me to acquire even some of the cheaper items I am questing at the moment due to gold inflation and everyone running out to spend massive amounts of real cash on items instead of saving of their gold for them like the good ol' days. I am hoping that by becoming a member of this guild, we can let Gaia Mods and Executives see that what they are doing is wrong.

Thank you for your time,

~ TwinkelenS t a r

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:26 am
er i'm bad at these

hello. i'm ro. i'm a lurker/occasional poster in gcd/sf
sometimes i hang around the cb/at and the art shops forum too

been on gaia since i was 14 and i'm 23 now. in the past i was always pretty supportive of gaia's business decisions, and bought cash here and there ever since i had my first job.

now it's just become so aggressive and invasive, and i'm really disappointed by the lack of/shoddy communication from the majority of staff, and the feeling that most users aren't being heard.

needless to say i'm no longer spending money here.

thanks for inviting me, i'm glad there's so many others feeling this way. whee  

rococobro

Indomitable Bro

Sash0

Fallen Gaian

30,350 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:37 am
Hi I'm Sash
Ive been on Gaia since 2007
I check round site fb when changes are made or when I feel like it but mostly hang out in the guilds I belong too to chat and try to have fun, I like zOMG! and like Gaia a lot, I don't vend much on gaia so mostly play games or watch anime in rl, Ive collected items over the years and quest when I feel like it but with the current inflation am not questing for now to see if it dies down somehow. I don't play the pay to play games on here but do buy the odd item with Gaia cash if I really want it, the sales are starting to annoy me though, I like the few friends I have and guild friends that keep me company, I am shy, have anxiety/paranoia problems in rl so Gaia is a place I can always come to cheer me up when rl has me feeling down so will depend on Gaia for as long as I can emotion_kirakira  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:51 am
I realized I forgot to post in here. Hi, you can call me Rubi, Rubia or Chica. Thank you for the invite, I really hope to see this guild gain a lot more members, and very much hope to see it take some momentum in the near future. 3nodding  

x3rubiachica3x

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Tigrosharu

Ethereal Trickster

21,240 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:24 am
Hello my name is Tigrosharu I joined Gaia back in September 2009 when I was (does math) 20 or 21 (which is a tad older than most are when they join Gaia) I loved the site and I will be honest people here helped me through a hell of a lot that was going on in my life at the time.

I used to be a big donor, but I stopped after I saw the prices going up and noticed that the business practices seemed to be veering towards the area of "money first customers second", I originally joined Gaia for Zomg and I still frequent it when I can in between class work, apartment work (keeping it clean), side projects, trying to finish one of 300 unfinished books, and job searching as well as legal and medical related things.

When I started I avoided forums and it is only fairly recently (after my return from Hiatus 12) that I ventured outside any forum besides the Supernatural sub forum. My previous major was Business Management before I swapped to my current major so I do have a degree of understanding concerning how companies should be run, and one of the principal rules is "Target your market, understand your market, work with your market and target audience".

More or less this means be aware of what kind of audience your business is targeting, in the case of Gaia that would be (mostly) teenagers to young adults who are into the Anime/Manga/Gaming Genres and may be aspiring artists (and are highly impressionable, limited on funds, and may have severe self esteem and mental issues related to bullying) who come here to escape reality or find friends.

It seems to me Gaia has forgotten this rule, especially the bit about limited funds (though some Gains may be wealthy IRL I doubt that many are) and they have forgotten a big part of what made this site great, the fact that the community had a huge say in what would happen to Gaia unlike other sites and they have forgotten what kind of people visit Gaia as that horrid survey showed.
(I was personally badly affected by it)

I decided to join this guild when invited by Madam Xiva because of the recent few months, I come back from Hiatus number 12 to a situation where Gaia is no longer what I remember and where Gcash only sales are rampant, Flynn's Assets are used to generate gold for Gcash(breaking tos), and Gold items are rarely released and we don't even get the seasonal updates I recall from when I joined. The resulting economic split terrifies me due to how much it resembles the IRL economy in the USA, and we all know how that is going at the moment.

The current CEO is a large part of it, and dealing with him is most likely the best way to set gaia back on the right track and the only way to do so it seems is to organize.
And this guild is about organizing to make a change, I am all for that in fact I am all for using real life chalk art in protest at conventions while waring masks to hide who we are as well.

And maybe just maybe we can bring back HoC too.

Here is to hoping of enough of us get together we can do something about this mess and make a change for the better. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:52 am
Hello Everyone.

My name is ShadowsFreedom163. I am 18 years old and I love Gaia and my Gaia Family. I currently run a Roleplay Guild called Korianna. (We are looking for members). My Gaia history goes like this.

I have been a part of Gaia for about five years now. I found this site when I was lost in my life and had no where to go. Through Gaia I have met people who have saved my life (Literally). I took a short time off and when I returned to this site I found total chaos.

Now I love Gaia. The friends I have made are like my family. I love being able to meet new people and fit in. But I am one of those many people who can't afford to buy cash cards. I feel like I have missed out on opportunities because of this. In my five years on Gaia, I have scratched, clawed, sold items, worked my butt off for, and begged my friends for donations, for the items I have wanted to buy. (It hasn't been easy and I am sure someone here can relate.)

The reason I joined this guild is because I agree with most Gaians that the Gaia cash has spun out of control. I don't believe that you are an "Exclusive member" if you spend 999 Gaia cash in one year. I believe we are all equally important to the community of Gaia. Yes there are some of us who are veterans of five or more years. But that doesn't make us "Exclusive members", now does it?

I just want to see the site, where I found so much love and friendship welcoming me with open arms, to be restored to the former glory it once was. I want users to flock back to this site because it is fun and it isn't all about how much cash you spent to get into some "Exclusive club".

~Shadow  

ShadowsFreedom163

Romantic Shapeshifter

11,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Citizen 200

Faerel

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:11 am
Hello, I'm Faerel, Fae for short. I sincerely hope that Gaia will once again become the entrancing little world it was. Pushing cash left right and center, and even going as far as to put cash shop updates in the STAFF NOTICES is just plain disgusting. Gaia is my personal escape from reality, and I don't like where it is going. I want to help save Gaia.  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games