Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Empire Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Singis 17

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:25 pm
the outriders are here!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:58 am
Handgunners kit comes with full command and the option for the marksman to have a Hochland long rifle. The pisoliers come with a much-needed musician option. And I noticed that the new Soldiers of the Empire kit contains a pair of legs with no shoes.

No shoes.

Has the Empire turnede into a more modern Bretonnia all of the sudden, that the soldiers can't all have shoes?!  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:15 pm
Lt. Brookman
Oh bollocks! GW is going to release the Empire army deal this December, which will include:

- Plastic General - captain kit
- New soldiers of the Empire kit (20 men)
- Two kits of pistoliers (one with pistols and the other with all repeating rifles - each fiver strong)
- Twenty ranged troops (image showed ten new handgunners and ten new crossbowmen BOOYAH)
- Empire knights (12)
- Empire Cannon
- New Empire army book
- Kit will contain a limited edition bright wizard

Release date UK and NE: 16-12
Price: 135 Pounds Sterling

My general reaction after nearly completing me own Empire army: "Damn it, now I want to start over again!"

The new Empire troops are a mxied bag, I'm not that fond of the new facial designs, they remind me a bit too much of the Bretonnians. However, I still want them, they look a ton better then the old models. They are more dynamic. I'll try and get an image or two up soon.

*Hyperventilates*
*Foams at the mouth*
*Collapses*

Mounted Repeater Handguns! DECEMBER!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:41 am
Plastic repeating handguns my friends.

New handgunner - crossbowmen boxed set art: http://uk.games-workshop.com/features/direct-newsletters/storefront/Storefront031106.jpg

The Empire army deal: http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=60110202206&orignav=301131

* the new Empire soldiers can be equiped with swords, spears and halberds, yay us!

I'd say something about how great it is that the Empire is going almost completely plastic, but it's still overpriced in my honest and humble opinion.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:53 am
Holy crap! THAT'S the limited edition wizard?!?!

In other news, they'd better have done something to make the Long Rifle better...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:21 pm
Let's not even get started on the ridiculous prices they charge for plastic, especially here in Canada. *Mutters something about having to work for five hours to be able to afford a box of Warriors of Chaos.*

Edit: Just to stay on topic, that limited time wizard looks amazing. Quite a nice miniature.

Daicon

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:31 am
Which means that perhaps the Empire wizard range finally gets a make over!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:52 am
And I'm ticked off. I've heard the following about the new Helblaster.

Pros:
It's now S5 at all times.
It no longer does half hits at long range.

Cons:
It rolls to hit. stare

Now, these are just rumours, but if the Rolls To Hit rumour turns out to be true I'm retiring my Helblasters. Think about it, at long range on average only 1/3 of your shots will even hit. That means if you DO somehow make 30 shots, it's still only making an average of 10 hits. Did I mention it's misfire rate and explosion rate have supposidly stayed the same?

Oh, but it's also supposidly costing 110 points now. Still not worth it. I'm going to swap them out for the S4 Mortar we're getting. 3nodding  

Everlasting Chaos

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:22 am
If it's not comfirmed then it's BS. I wont believe a thing until it is confirmed.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:29 pm
Everlasting Chaos

Pros:

Cons:
It rolls to hit. stare

Now, these are just rumours, but if the Rolls To Hit rumour turns out to be true I'm retiring my Helblasters. Think about it, at long range on average only 1/3 of your shots will even hit. That means if you DO somehow make 30 shots, it's still only making an average of 10 hits. Did I mention it's misfire rate and explosion rate have supposidly stayed the same?

Oh, but it's also supposidly costing 110 points now. Still not worth it. I'm going to swap them out for the S4 Mortar we're getting. 3nodding

About time that thing got nerfed. It killed way too much for way too few points.  

Lethkhar

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:37 am
I can't just say that I think the new Empire look crap sad

I was really hoping for some cool minis, but they've barely changed. I mean I know I said I don't want them to change all that much as for mixing the armies, but.. just.. sad

I think they could have done a better job.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:12 am
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos

Pros:

Cons:
It rolls to hit. stare

About time that thing got nerfed. It killed way too much for way too few points.

Yeah, but at the same time it had horribly high chances of blowing up. It either kills everything or kills itself.

And I intend to look for some confirmation about this stuff this weekend. I wonder if my local GW has access to the army book yet...  

Everlasting Chaos

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:54 pm
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos

Pros:

Cons:
It rolls to hit. stare

Yeah, but at the same time it had horribly high chances of blowing up. It either kills everything or kills itself.

And I intend to look for some confirmation about this stuff this weekend. I wonder if my local GW has access to the army book yet...

Yeah, but Master Engineers stop that high chance of blowing up right away.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:33 pm
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos

Pros:

Cons:
It rolls to hit. stare

Actually unless they've changed it (which I've heard nothing about) Master Engineers give no benefit to the Helblaster. It's too experimental for them to know how to make it work better.  

Everlasting Chaos

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:22 am
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos

Pros:

Cons:
It rolls to hit. stare

Actually unless they've changed it (which I've heard nothing about) Master Engineers give no benefit to the Helblaster. It's too experimental for them to know how to make it work better.

Oh, right.

I had to correct my friend on that a few weeks ago...  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games