Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Room Planning
[.::♥::.The Dark Room..::♥::.] {Main Thread} (UPDATED) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Party in...
  Hades Palace
  Dark Room
  Shrouded Darkness
View Results

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:41 pm
SorceressJacklyn
broken_bleeding_angel
Room thread Rules.

1. Adhere to the ToS. This includes keeping everything under PG-13. If you do not follow this rule you will be stripped of your soul and skinned alive my Ares himself.

2. No flaming, trolling, spamming or bumping. In the case that you do not follow this rule you will be sentenced to spend an evening with Persephone as she tells you "What I did today" with every single detail, down to when she inhaled and exhaled.

3. Do not quote excessively. The extent of your punishment will be determined by Enyo, depending on how large your quote tower grows, so refrain from having more than 4 quotes in a post.

4. Never stretch our pages or quote the first page. The consequences of breaking this rule are dire. We will have Charion take you out to the middle of the river Styx, push you in and leave you to drown with the souls trapped there.

5. Respect the Gods, their workers, and any other members of the ball. Disrespecting anyone (especially your hosts, who have worked so hard to make this happen) will result in you being fed peice by peice to Hades's dog, Cerberus. A quite painful death, I must say.

Yes? No? More?

For rule 5, just have them thrown to Cerberus. He knows what do to with them when that happens. twisted

Lol but they don't.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:43 pm
Epcot Illuminations
I just thought that I'd point out something. The Greeks didn't believe exactly in Hell, they believed in many gods but, what they referred to Hades as was he was the god of the underworld.

Yes, but Underworld, doesn't fit in there. And everything else was taken.  

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:47 am
Love the Room Thread rules, Broken. wink It's simple and nice, with style. cool

I'm taking the introductions and editing them for further use.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:46 am
BRAINSTORM TIME, PEOPLE!

Seriously, it's time to get started on things. Broken has been asking for layouts and we need to determine what contests and games we'll be having in order to get it done. SO. DISCUSSION TIME! Get your brains working people!

Also, here's a vote. Would you rather hold the discussion here, or grab some time of to have a meeting over this?  

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Swervey
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:11 pm
I don't care where we have the discussion, there's pros and cons for both.
And as for contests [random ideas]:
-Art Contest (maybe drawing some of us, or our cuddly mascot Cerberus ^.^)
-Writing/Poetry (not really sure what it would be about though smile
-Making up a character (or hero or something. the idea is gaians could make a character who is famous to the underworld)
-Avi/tektek contest
-Scavenger Hunt (find cerberus' chew toy or he will chew you!)  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:32 am
(Shhh I'm not here.)

I wrote down some stuff for contests. I'll try to come back and post them up for you guys when I get back from work.  

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:27 pm
(Okay XD)
(btw, what was the color theme for this room again?)

Weeeeeeeell.... The Big Contest is to have them try to cure all those affected by the Rivers, sooooo... here are some ideas:

1) For Enyo/Cerberus, guests will try to insult her to tick her off and get her back on track. The smarter the insult the better. No crude insults (containing the words like ******** as some people can't take it). We can have a word or sentence limit or something. XD

2) Have guests answer brain-storming questions or riddles in stages. As one person unlocks the question or riddle for that stage, he/she gets a price.

Other contests:

Avi/tektek contest (Duh XD)
Page/Bump Contest
Art Contest: What Dusky said, and maybe a piece of what Hades Palace looks like
Writing contest: The NPCs here enjoys spooky stories or epic tales of war, so write about them!
Shoo the spirits away: The Ball's so much fun not only Gaians want to enjoy it, but spirits from the underworld too! Bash (inserts number) of spirits out of Hades Palace and get awarded by him! (LOLOLOL XD)
Overburn: Hades and Ares are exhausted after all the preparation! Cheer them up with (poetry? riddle? etc.) and win a prize!
Fix Charon's Boat: Or he's gonna start throwing a fit. XD Boat designing, perhaps?

Ish all for now. smile

DUSKYYYYYY! I MISS YOU! *GLOMPS* crying crying We must talk some day! Those are seriously EPIC ideas! surprised *agrees wholeheartedly with the scavenger hunt* heart heart  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:12 pm
Updates to the front page. Mainly Announcements. =D

And yessss... Those who do not adhere to ToS... Heheheheheh... twisted

Oh! And just to make things fair... How bout add Hades on it, too? It'll be so much fun to have all the characters up there! XD  

Big Brother Love

Swervey
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:00 pm
lol thanks shu, my brainstorming was looking at the rooms from past balls though XD and yea, we need to talk but i have tons of testing to study for gonk (FOUR different math tests THIS month)
and i love your ideas too smile
So, how are we going to decide which contests we could do? cuz shu's right, we need to get something done. plus, do we have any plans for the layouts?
Oh, and as I was looking through the old rooms I noticed another room c alled the Dark Room, but that was a few years ago. Just though I'd mentioned it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:54 pm
That'll be weird for our name though. Dark Room. Since we're the underworld. (Thinks of underwear room) Wait, forget it. xd

Broken's handling the layouts. So far she's found 2 graphic artists for them, so it's all going smoothly. Contests... we'll need to determine it soon.

Also, should we set up a Guild for the plot development and contests? I heard Celebration and another room is doing this, but it's gonna cost a lot of money. Or should we just go for posting the contest threads in chatterbox or journals (like in Witches Tower last year)?

cool Great minds think alike, Dusky. I dug up the past too. XD Good luck with your Math tests! mrgreen  

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Swervey
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:22 pm
lol...underwear room.... XD
so we're set on layouts, and how would the guild work exactly? sorry, you know iv'e never done this before smile
thanks, all i really need for the tests is conversions *sigh*
Also, I like the idea of drawing a part of the palace, fix charons boat and the writing. it would be cool to have some creepy haunted stories. plus, we could have a design the boat like you said shu, either with an outline or no. Idk what we could do for a tektek contest. hehe we couldn't easily do a king/queen of the dark room tektek, hades wouldnt be very happy XD
And as for a room name, we could do the Palace of Hades, it kind of explaing itself lol. Or erm.. *puts on thinking cap*  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:56 pm
Contests

King and Queen of the Dark Room. (non negotiable)

Art Contest.

Writing Contest.

Tektek Contest.

Avi Contest.

Raffle.

Joke Contest. (a.k.a. "Funny Bones")  

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:04 pm
... I keep thinking of FAIL names, like 'PALACE OF DARKNESS AND DOOM' and things like that... XD The Underwear Room's stuck in my head for some reason...

So... how many contests do you guys reckon? The Big Contest's a must, so is the King and Queen of Room, so that's outta the way. How are we gonna carry out the big contest? Riddles, etc?

So... there's writing, Art, Scavenger Hunt, Boat Designing, Raffles, Shoo Spirits, Tektek, Overburn, making up a character. Whadda ya think?

Opinion guys!  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:43 pm
Writing, Boat design, Tektek, and make a character. I like these.  

SorceressJacklyn

Blessed Prophet

12,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Room Planning

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games