Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]
Ravenclaw Common Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lyra Elizabeth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:11 am
wrathofrealm
(well ive read the books and seen the movies and all but im just slightly lost as to whether we just come on in and post or what.......btw lyra, techpriest wanted me to tell you he said hi)

Don't forget to post in blue, both of you. And welcome to Ravenclaw! I'll go add you to the students list.

As soon as you're sorted you can post here. We don't perfectly follow the books. Sometimes we are nowhere near the books. Just chat, roleplay, and try to have fun!

Mylian: Silver is Slytherin; blue and bronze are Ravenclaw colors xd
rofl That bit about Lockhart made me laugh. My initial response is biggest disgrace.

Wrath: I say hi back biggrin

So what do you two prefer to be referred to as? I just go by Lyra.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:11 am
I don't really prefer to go by anything but I am used to being referred to as wrath, normally that is. If it's roleplaying than I usually go by Louis Spencer because thats more of a name than wrath is. (unless your in FullMetal Alchemist then wrath is totally an acceptable name) Anyways newly sorted Ravenclaw and all that jazz razz hoping I am able to keep up with the guild and that it isn't as complicated as it sounds sometimes.  

Verya Sylvani

Moonlight Stalker

11,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:26 am
Lyra Elizabeth

Mylian: Silver is Slytherin; blue and bronze are Ravenclaw colors xd
rofl That bit about Lockhart made me laugh. My initial response is biggest disgrace.

((I much prefer the books' bronze to the movies' colors anyway. 3nodding ))

A first-year student steps in and looks around.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:41 am
Another first year walks in and seeing the other first year walks up and introduces himself. "Hey, i'm Louis."  

Verya Sylvani

Moonlight Stalker

11,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:22 am
"Myles. Myles Million." He sits in one of the many chairs and looks up at the star-painted dome ceiling. "I'm glad I ended up in Ravenclaw, are you?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:49 am
"I'm Louis Spencer, i'm more than excited that i got put in Ravenclaw. I'm also very excited to be at hogwarts."  

Verya Sylvani

Moonlight Stalker

11,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:46 pm
"Yes indeed. Here I can finally begin some serious workings. There's only so much you can get done outside of a school, what with the laws on underage magic use. On the other hand, it has given me a head start in certain studies. Watch."

He takes a cylinder out of his pocket, about two inches wide and two inches tall. He removes the top half-inch, revealing a small ballerina figurine collapsed inside, that springs up to a ready position, 2.5 inches tall. He fits the outer surface of the lid into the matching bottom surface of the base and turns them against each other, winding the spring inside.

He sets the object on the table before him and lets go. Immediately the little figure begins dancing. Not just spinning around at a constant speed, but actually dancing.

"Moves entirely without magic, though magic was used in making the parts. I had to model the movements off of parts of an actual performance, took me between my ninth and tenth birthday to work out the cords and pulleys and such. My da' helped me with most of that... but I had to finish it without him. He's gone now."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:53 pm
"i'm sorry to hear about your dad. But this truly is an amazing piece you have here. The best thing i've ever managed to pull off due to the trace has been diplomatic relations with some gnomes to cut the grass for me so I can study more. Gnomes actually are easier to persuade than you would think.  

Verya Sylvani

Moonlight Stalker

11,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:14 pm
"People in our world tend to underestimate what you can do without magic. My da' studied the way it used to be. In ancient civilizations there wasn't a division like we have now with Muggle and wizard living separate. And that's why my da' was hounded and humiliated until he was gone. His researches were thrown out without so much as a look. The doctor's said it was his heart, but I know different. He gave up. He couldn't fight them anymore, the ones who want to keep the magic world completely separate."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:45 pm
"That really is depressing to hear bout what happened with your dad and all. He must have lived a really tough life but I totally can see his work paid off in the end by what your showing me now. I can't even begin to imagine the kinds of things you could accomplish."  

Verya Sylvani

Moonlight Stalker

11,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:54 pm
"If there's one thing I've learned from him though, it's not to do it for them. Trying to fix the record and change the focus of historical research is an impractical endeavor. He was always more focused on 'repairing the history books' than making things work. I couldn't care less whether the history books are accurate or not."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:12 pm
"That is a good lesson to learn from anyone. I'm glad it was someone so close to you that had the opportunity to teach it to you." Louis looked around the quiet room. "I wonder how many other people are going to be sorted into Ravenclaw this term."  

Verya Sylvani

Moonlight Stalker

11,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:03 pm
"Who knows, who knows."

He stretches a bit and leans back in the chair. "So what's your tale, Louis?
"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:36 pm

"My tale isn't as spectacular as yours, I merealy am an overly ambitious wizard with an obsession over books and magic. Oh and diplomatic relations with your garden variety gnomes." Louis chuckled at his sad attempt at a joke.

Verya Sylvani

Moonlight Stalker

11,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:52 pm
A wry grin sneaks onto his face. "Diplomatic relations are nothing to sneeze at. You never know when knowing a gnome might come in handy. And as I said before, most of the brain work was already done by the time it came to final assembly on this thing. I'm really not that spectacular. Yet."  
Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games