Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Contest
Contest Suggestion Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What art contests would you like to see in 2011?
  Please post your suggestions!
View Results

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:38 pm
User Image

----------------------------------------------

It could work work, if there was an influx of Pokemon fans in the guild. I haven't watched Pokemon in years, so I'm only familiar with the classic Pokemon. And would our Pokemon counterparts have to look similar to avatars, like matching hair and what not? Or just drawn with the equipped items?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:43 pm
You're right. There are a lot of holes in that idea. XD

Not everyone is familiar with Pokemon, I'm sure.

What contest would you like to take place?

You can choose what you want and host it (And I'll provide the prizes) if you want.  

Fleurty
Vice Captain

Invisible Giver

9,600 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:43 pm
Who wants to host the next contest? smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:07 am
I dunno if its a good idea but my idea for awhile is a crossover contest. Have your favorite character from a game, comic, cartoon or anime, and put them in another world with other characters. What would their expression be? Happy, sad, surprised? What would they do for activates?

Another one is a design clothing contest. Focusing on the creativity and the themes (goth, punk, cute etc)

Hardrock_Cafe

Aged Smoker

8,400 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:52 pm
Hardrock_Cafe
I dunno if its a good idea but my idea for awhile is a crossover contest. Have your favorite character from a game, comic, cartoon or anime, and put them in another world with other characters. What would their expression be? Happy, sad, surprised? What would they do for activates?

Another one is a design clothing contest. Focusing on the creativity and the themes (goth, punk, cute etc)

If you want to host this contest, I'll cover the prizes for you. smile

I'm trying to get people in the guild comfortable with hosting their own contests. It gets kind of hectic for me with school and all to host them myself every month. But I don't mind covering the prizes.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:06 pm
Captain Goldshanks
OOOOHH! I'll host another contest if you want?

My Idea:I think a Music themed contest would be cool. The contenders Would draw their OC's playing a musical instrument/singing/dancing or entertaining some how.
When it would be?: an entire month
What Prizes would the winners receive?: Grand prize, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and runner-up

we already had a music themed contest  

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

x--w a s a b ii--x

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:14 pm
Pandiecakes
Who wants to host the next contest? smile

me me me  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:43 am
oh well, ok, i'll think of another one
x--w a s a b ii--x
Captain Goldshanks
OOOOHH! I'll host another contest if you want?

My Idea:I think a Music themed contest would be cool. The contenders Would draw their OC's playing a musical instrument/singing/dancing or entertaining some how.
When it would be?: an entire month
What Prizes would the winners receive?: Grand prize, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and runner-up

we already had a music themed contest

Rizzi Chan

Sparkly Lover

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100

Rizzi Chan

Sparkly Lover

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:47 am
My Idea:I would like a Traditional/digital contest. It is where the people who normally do digital art draw traditionally and the traditional artists draw digitially. And they draw their OC's or they make one up if they don't have one. It would also help people to extend their abilities.
When it would be?: An entire month
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:18 pm
Captain Goldshanks
My Idea:I would like a Traditional/digital contest. It is where the people who normally do digital art draw traditionally and the traditional artists draw digitially. And they draw their OC's or they make one up if they don't have one. It would also help people to extend their abilities.

Go ahead and put it up! It can be the contest for January.  

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200

Rizzi Chan

Sparkly Lover

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:54 pm
Thanks I hope it is as succesful as the other one I had blaugh
Pandiecakes
Captain Goldshanks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:09 am
Pandiecakes

I'm trying to get people in the guild comfortable with hosting their own contests. It gets kind of hectic for me with school and all to host them myself every month. But I don't mind covering the prizes.

Dont mind if we have one of my ideas next month then? Would be grateful to cover some of the prizes, i think i have nothing good in my inventory sweatdrop  

Hardrock_Cafe

Aged Smoker

8,400 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:39 pm
Hardrock_Cafe
Pandiecakes

Dont mind if we have one of my ideas next month then? Would be grateful to cover some of the prizes, i think i have nothing good in my inventory sweatdrop
That sounds great! But you don't have to worry about covering the prizes, we have more than enough on the guild mule account.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:40 pm
Captain Goldshanks
Thanks I hope it is as succesful as the other one I had blaugh
Pandiecakes
Captain Goldshanks

smile I hope so!

You can post the thread whenever you're ready and I'll make an announcement.  

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
Contest

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash