Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:09 am
buttonz is The Best
and my mistake you were right, it was in england where "witches" were burned

Actually, they were burned I think in Scotland on some places on the continent. AFAIK, England hung hanged their witches and burned their heretics.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:32 am
Violet Song jat Shariff
buttonz is The Best
and my mistake you were right, it was in england where "witches" were burned

Actually, they were burned I think in Scotland on some places on the continent. AFAIK, England hung hanged their witches and burned their heretics.

Thank you, Thank you! I wasn't sure if I was completely correct or not about the England thing ((I knew they burned something)), so thank you for correcting me. ^ ^

Namikikyo

buttonz is The Best

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:36 pm
called the cops wtf are you on, i was never molested...]

rmcdra
buttonz is The Best
wicca and witchcraft for dummies
Haven't read it can you please give details from this book?
Quote:
wikipedia
Not the most reliable source, it's like using an encyclopedia article for a research paper which most university frown upon.

Quote:
as well as tradition, passed down from my parents
Have you been to councilling or called the cops? Child molestation is illegal.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:40 pm
buttonz is The Best
called the cops wtf are you on, i was never molested...
Then the tradition you got from your parents wasn't Wicca, if they initiated you into it. Wicca involves sexuality, sometimes ritualized and sometimes not, with initiation and some of their bigger rites.  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:11 pm
Quote:
You're Asatru. I don't understand why you're trying to defend proselytizing. :/

I apparently haven't filled my dickery quota.

QUICK! I MUST DO SOMETHING DICKISH!

Erm... *leaves cup rings on Byaggha's table*

There we go, I can go about my business now >.>  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:30 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Quote:

Yes don't you know that telling people they are using the wrong word to describe their beliefs or aren't actually part of a closed culture is evangelizing. All hail the sacred belief.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:25 pm
rmcdra
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Quote:

Yes don't you know that telling people they are using the wrong word to describe their beliefs or aren't actually part of a closed culture is evangelizing. All hail the sacred belief.
No, I was actually defending proselytisation. It's just that this winner couldn't comprehend why I would defend something as ******** loathsome and evil as proselytisation, which, by the way, is on the level of accepting money for sodomy and the murder of children.

It's a rank and horrid practice carried out by only the utmost trash of men. How dare you try to give pamphlets to anyway, you evil evil people.

Special hell, talking in theatres, go to your bunk etc etc. *hand waves*  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:48 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
rmcdra
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Quote:

No, I was actually defending proselytisation. It's just that this winner couldn't comprehend why I would defend something as ******** loathsome and evil as proselytisation, which, by the way, is on the level of accepting money for sodomy and the murder of children.

It's a rank and horrid practice carried out by only the utmost trash of men. How dare you try to give pamphlets to anyway, you evil evil people.

Special hell, talking in theatres, go to your bunk etc etc. *hand waves*
Sorry misinterpreted there. But yeah there's really no difference between proselytizing and adverting. If proselytizing is so bad then why not go against any type of advertising  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:09 pm
rmcdra
Sorry misinterpreted there. But yeah there's really no difference between proselytizing and adverting. If proselytizing is so bad then why not go against any type of advertising

Eh, I'm not so keen on proselytizing myself; then again advertisements in general tend to piss me off too so color me biased.

One way or the other though, I find something very base about trying to teach other people about your religion in the same way one might teach somebody about the multi-grain functions of Cheerios.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:21 pm
Kuroiban

One way or the other though, I find something very base about trying to teach other people about your religion in the same way one might teach somebody about the multi-grain functions of Cheerios.
We can't all be high minded intellectuals suited to academic insight.

If they have a truth and care for others, getting their message out is a justifiable practice.

So... style over substance?  

TeaDidikai

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:30 pm
TeaDidikai
Kuroiban

We can't all be high minded intellectuals suited to academic insight.

If they have a truth and care for others, getting their message out is a justifiable practice.

So... style over substance?

That's...really a valid point.

Still, it somewhat grates at me. Like it feels like it cheapens the message somehow. Part of it may be the tactics used too. A lot of Christian pros. seems to not be...

"The teachings of Jesus forgives all sins."

but

"Christianity is the only way and if you believe otherwise you go to hell cause the bible says so."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:46 pm
Kuroiban

That's...really a valid point.

Still, it somewhat grates at me. Like it feels like it cheapens the message somehow. Part of it may be the tactics used too. A lot of Christian pros. seems to not be...

"The teachings of Jesus forgives all sins."

but

"Christianity is the only way and if you believe otherwise you go to hell cause the bible says so."

If their position is theologically justified, then you disagreeing with it doesn't really change much.

If 1 John 4:7 is true when it comes to the nature of their god, and if Yeshua's statements about the fruit a tree bears as a mark of their nature is true, then those who bear evil fruit would be the Wicked he will have depart from him in Mathew 7, as they work inequity, no matter if they believe themselves to be saved or not.  

TeaDidikai

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:50 pm
TeaDidikai

If their position is theologically justified, then you disagreeing with it doesn't really change much.

If 1 John 4:7 is true when it comes to the nature of their god, and if Yeshua's statements about the fruit a tree bears as a mark of their nature is true, then those who bear evil fruit would be the Wicked he will have depart from him in Mathew 7, as they work inequity, no matter if they believe themselves to be saved or not.

True, I realize that that's what the religion believes....but why focus on the lowest part? The teaching of Jesus are beautiful and compassionate by and large...why focus on the darkest part?

Then again, I'm getting off topic a bit...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:57 pm
Kuroiban
TeaDidikai

True, I realize that that's what the religion believes....but why focus on the lowest part? The teaching of Jesus are beautiful and compassionate by and large...why focus on the darkest part?

Then again, I'm getting off topic a bit...
Because not everyone learns by way of the highest parts.  

TeaDidikai

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:15 pm
TeaDidikai
Because not everyone learns by way of the highest parts.

True enough.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games