Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RinoaHeartilly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:53 pm
KitoYasha
That's awesome! Last letter I got was back in about March, because my friend was sending me an invite to her high school graduation (which, sadly, I didn't get to attend because of last-minute issues). Letters are always fun, and as is manga...I'm going to send my friend Shi a custom Christmas card with a manga-style Shigure on the front. =)

Wicked! xD I don't really do anything fancy with my letters. I just.. write a lot. Longest letter I wrote I think was 10-12 pages. My one friend's an artist though, and she drew this chibi Squall and Rinoa on the envelope. <3 It was really cute! I'll take a pic of it and show you sometime. I don't have a scanner. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:55 pm
Saint-Saens
Added-ness.

Zomg, i'm sorta afraid now. If anyone stalks me I know where to look now. ninja

lmao xd  

RinoaHeartilly

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:55 pm
I think gaia is letting me post now. It used to only allow me like one post a day- really annoying.

Anyways on the subject of pen pals- I used to send postcards to all of my online (all Gaian) friends. They were like really random and stuff. Then for Christmas last year the guild I'm really close to (besides this one) I drew them all pictures and sent to them as a Christmas gift. They were all Alice in Wonderland theme, and each person was a different character- Queen of Hearts, Chesire Cat, Mad Hatter, Alice, the Door Mouse, so forth and so forth. I rarely send out any more postcards any more though. Every now and then I do. x.x;  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:54 pm
RinoaHeartilly
KitoYasha
That's awesome! Last letter I got was back in about March, because my friend was sending me an invite to her high school graduation (which, sadly, I didn't get to attend because of last-minute issues). Letters are always fun, and as is manga...I'm going to send my friend Shi a custom Christmas card with a manga-style Shigure on the front. =)

Wicked! xD I don't really do anything fancy with my letters. I just.. write a lot. Longest letter I wrote I think was 10-12 pages. My one friend's an artist though, and she drew this chibi Squall and Rinoa on the envelope. <3 It was really cute! I'll take a pic of it and show you sometime. I don't have a scanner. whee

That's awesome! I can't write that long of letters, but I'm good with fanarting. However, my writing is miniscule (I could probably fit four lines of text on every one line, college-ruled), and the longest letter I've written is three, so that's probably about twelve pages there. =P

I'm listening to Rent music. I've always loved that musical.

KitoYasha

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:16 pm
you know when we didn't have subforums, people learned not to repeat threads, because they saw the locked the threads. i feel as if no one is seeing the moved threads. we have to have some visual. either pming or waiting a bit til we move it
or locking it and then moving and then unlocking

x.x just seems like a lot of work
any suggestions?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:46 am
Masquanade
you know when we didn't have subforums, people learned not to repeat threads, because they saw the locked the threads. i feel as if no one is seeing the moved threads. we have to have some visual. either pming or waiting a bit til we move it

any suggestions?

I agree. There seem to be a lot more spam topics that I've noticed. Perhaps we could try PMing, as you mentioned? Writing a simple PM doesn't take that long, and it can be even shorter if we write a default.

Beside the point, I probably won't be on very much for a while. My mum grounded me for not finishing my Lord of the Flies essay (WTF. It's not my fault, I really did try--I just can't seem to write anymore!), and because my report card was crap, and because I've been really stressed out but she thinks I just like taking an attitude with her. =/ Ta ta for now, lovelies.

KitoYasha

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:17 am
KitoYasha
Masquanade

any suggestions?

I agree. There seem to be a lot more spam topics that I've noticed. Perhaps we could try PMing, as you mentioned? Writing a simple PM doesn't take that long, and it can be even shorter if we write a default.

Beside the point, I probably won't be on very much for a while. My mum grounded me for not finishing my Lord of the Flies essay (WTF. It's not my fault, I really did try--I just can't seem to write anymore!), and because my report card was crap, and because I've been really stressed out but she thinks I just like taking an attitude with her. =/ Ta ta for now, lovelies.

Oh nuz.
A sample of a PM i sent to someone:
Your thread in the Band Nerd Guild has been moved to the regional subforum. Please read the rules of the guild so you where to post. Thank you.

x.x I still don't think it's as visual . . . everyone saw locked threads and even the people who didn't make locked threads saw them. x.x Just see how PMing works.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:19 pm
Yeah, let's just stick to the PMing. Even if it's not totally effective, it'll still have some impact.

I'm sorry about getting grounded. =/ It was a bad idea, because now I have to ignore my modding duties. Eh...I'll probably be back like...just before Christmas (but I have until tomorrow morning to do whatever buisness tickles my fancy!). I'm sorry.

KitoYasha

Inucoli

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:58 pm
KitoYasha
RinoaHeartilly
KitoYasha

That's awesome! I can't write that long of letters, but I'm good with fanarting. However, my writing is miniscule (I could probably fit four lines of text on every one line, college-ruled), and the longest letter I've written is three, so that's probably about twelve pages there. =P

I'm listening to Rent music. I've always loved that musical.

my church choir's singing Seasons of Love tomorrow night! i got the girl solo smile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:33 pm
Inucoli

my church choir's singing Seasons of Love tomorrow night! i got the girl solo smile

Congrats on the solo! =D

Reminds me of when I used to be in choir... xd  

RinoaHeartilly

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:36 am
Yay everyone loving the feedback lately. You guys are awesome. [/sarcasm]
Seriously I'm sick of lack of feedback, and I know some of you have been online, so don't pull that sneaky stuff behind me. And ifyou ask- what is there to feedback on- the whole moving threads issue. Iwould like hear from more than one of you on that topic. I would also like to see some stuff happening for the guild- contests or something going on - or even being planned on. I just got three new mods- so something new and exciting should be happening. I know people are a bit busy, but I believe someone should be doing something. As for me after Thanksgiving I'll be free for six weeks of doing nothingness, so I'll have plenty of time to run things for the Guild. Currently my life is being consumed by homework. (Literally- i wake up, eat, and then do homework, eat, homework, sleep . . . YAY FINALS)

Saint- try locking the thread next time.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:33 am
Masquanade
KitoYasha
Masquanade

any suggestions?

Oh nuz.
A sample of a PM i sent to someone:
Your thread in the Band Nerd Guild has been moved to the regional subforum. Please read the rules of the guild so you where to post. Thank you.

x.x I still don't think it's as visual . . . everyone saw locked threads and even the people who didn't make locked threads saw them. x.x Just see how PMing works.

How about message every single member! -moms comp broke, she stole mine, shes at the mall biggrin ) Anywho i think just messageing the person would work, unless there is a feature that you can copy the thread and leave it in both forms and lock it from the one it was in but that dosent work. If its realy that important for a visual lock the thread, mail them, and remake it.  

Tubariffic
Captain

Inucoli

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:55 am
Masquanade
Seriously I'm sick of lack of feedback, and I know some of you have been online, so don't pull that sneaky stuff behind me. And ifyou ask- what is there to feedback on- the whole moving threads issue. Iwould like hear from more than one of you on that topic. I would also like to see some stuff happening for the guild- contests or something going on - or even being planned on. I just got three new mods- so something new and exciting should be happening. I know people are a bit busy, but I believe someone should be doing something. As for me after Thanksgiving I'll be free for six weeks of doing nothingness, so I'll have plenty of time to run things for the Guild. Currently my life is being consumed by homework. (Literally- i wake up, eat, and then do homework, eat, homework, sleep . . . YAY FINALS)

well then.... let's brainstorm!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:46 pm
Inucoli
Masquanade

well then.... let's brainstorm!!!!!

i know that we tried an art contest at some point. do we want to give that another whirl? also, are we gonna have a 'meet the mods' thread or not?  

froggyfluf

RinoaHeartilly

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:54 pm
Masquanade

I think that instead of PMs we should go in and edit the title name of the thread and put the word "MOVING" or something in front of it, and then post in the thread that we'll be moving the topic in "x" days because it's not in the proper forum. That way everyone would see that the thread would be moved and know why and all that.

And it's about what... a month til Christmas? We could organize that secret santa thing we did last year, it seemed to work pretty well.

edit: There's a tuba/sousaphone thread and a baritone/euphonium thread in the woodwinds/brass sub-forum, should these be locked and the posters directed to the low brass thread? Aren't those low brass instruments? confused *isn't feeling to bright*  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games