Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:39 pm
buttonz is The Best
gerald garner and the new forest coven...he was a hero, for reviving wicca after the burning times...
Please show historical record of the burning times?
Quote:
but then again, there are any types of wiccan, the gardnerian, Alexandriaqn, Goergian, seax wicca,feri/feary/fairy,reclaiming, Dianic, and eclectic, are many variations of wicca,
You've only listed two types of Wicca that I'm aware of. Can you demonstrate how the groups you listed are Wicca?
Quote:
no one will agree with every one, although the witches rede does say we should all get along.
What is the witches rede? How does it say that everyone should get along?
Quote:

blessed be
Why are you using ritual language so casually?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:46 pm
buttonz is The Best
there are three things that are the worst thing u could ever say to a witch,
Really I can think of much more.

Quote:
One-- whitelighters
Why is this bad?

Quote:
two-- fluffbunnies (this is actually a term to say nicely a noob to wicca)
Not really. At least here it's used to mean willfully ignorant.

Quote:
three--playgan (someone who doesnt take the craft seriously)
I know many non-pagan witches who would take this as an insult since it assumes that because they are a witch they are automatically pagan. Also which craft are you speaking of as there are many many witchcraft traditions?  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

buttonz is The Best

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:51 pm
hence forth the playgan, would be an insult! aka the thread, of the worst things a wiccan could say?

andhow do i use blessed be so casually? i have practiced wiccan for almost 4 years now

Can you demonstrate how the groups you listed are Wicca?

yes i can
gardnerian, alexandrain, and georian, all derive from the forest coven. Which was a wiccan coven.

Seax wicca, is also wicca, which started in the 1960's. This type of wiccan allows self initiation, which garnerian wicca does not, but the principals are the same

the witches rede

"Eight words the wiccan rded fulfil"
"an it harm none, do what ye will"

an it harm none,

do not harm other for the three fold law  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:52 pm
the burning times, surely your aware of the salem witch trials, hence the burning times, the forest coven had hid, because of this, history? i may think this took place in the 1900;s  

buttonz is The Best

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:56 pm
buttonz is The Best
the burning times, surely your aware of the salem witch trials, hence the burning times, the forest coven had hid, because of this, history? i may think this took place in the 1900;s

No one was burned. They were hung.

During the Salem witch trials nineteen people were executed by hanging, one died in the interrogation.

Someone correct me if I am mistaken.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:59 pm
REALLY? NO ONE WAS BURNED HAVE YOU EVER READ ABOUT THEM? PEOPLE WERE KILLED< BY BEING BURNED, DROWNED, HUNG, BEATEN, streacthing on a rack. obviously, you dont know much, not attacking you, but the salem witch trials, alot of ppl were burned...  

buttonz is The Best

buttonz is The Best

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:00 pm
google it it you dont believe me  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:05 pm
buttonz is The Best
REALLY? NO ONE WAS BURNED HAVE YOU EVER READ ABOUT THEM? PEOPLE WERE KILLED< BY BEING BURNED, DROWNED, HUNG, BEATEN, streacthing on a rack. obviously, you dont know much, not attacking you, but the salem witch trials, alot of ppl were burned...

At Salem? No, they were hung. None were burned at all as far as I know, that was only in England.

How about you show me some proof that they were burned at Salem, ya? Mind you, even the play "The Salem Witch Trials" didn't even have burnings in it.

((Edited for clarity))

Namikikyo

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:13 pm
buttonz is The Best
andhow do i use blessed be so casually? i have practiced wiccan for almost 4 years now

Tradition please?

Quote:
Can you demonstrate how the groups you listed are Wicca?

They maintain the core practices of Wicca laid down by Gardner.
They have initiatory lineage tracing back to Gerald Gardner.

Quote:
yes i can
gardnerian, alexandrain, and georian, all derive from the forest coven. Which was a wiccan coven.

Pretty sure that was a witchcraft coven, not a Wiccan coven.
Funny, how you've apparently be "Wiccan" for 4 years but don't know the history or the terminology.

Quote:
Seax wicca, is also wicca,

Wrong!
It does not honor the Lord and Lady of the Isles.
It does not maintain the proper core practices.
It does not impart the Mysteries of Wicca.
It does not impart proper initiatory lineage to those who follow it.
It is not a priesthood.
Do I *really* need to go on?
Quote:
which started in the 1960's. This type of wiccan allows self initiation,
which garnerian wicca does not, but the principals are the same

Self-initiation isn't possible.
Really? Which principles?

Quote:
the witches rede

Not sure why this is here.

Quote:
an it harm none,

Why should your decontextualized interpretation of the Rede and the Threefold Law apply to my own non-Wiccan, non-witchcraft based practice?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:17 pm
buttonz is The Best
hence forth the playgan, would be an insult! aka the thread, of the worst things a wiccan could say?
Not all pagans are Wiccan. Many pagans would find that insulting too.
Quote:

I'm sure how you feel but not everyone wants blessings. If I was to say "peace be with you" to a follower of Aries that would be highly offensive. Also using ritual language casually destroys the meaning of the language in question, thus reducing it to something meaningless.

Quote:
yes i can
Gardnerian and Alexandrian are Wiccan. Does Georian derive from Gardernian tradition because if forest coven existed it was a witchcult but not Wicca since Wicca did not exist before Gardner, unless you would like to provide a document or sources saying that it was.
Quote:

Seax wicca, is also wicca, which started in the 1960's. This type of wiccan allows self initiation, which garnerian wicca does not, but the principals are the same
how is the principles the same when coven initiation is a core principle of Wicca?
Quote:

the witches rede

How is this prohibition again? This seems to say you can do what you want.
Quote:

an it harm none,

Why? They are not bound by agape. What if one does accept the consequences then?  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

buttonz is The Best

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:20 pm
everyome studies wicca diferently, and self initiation, it is possible, so screw you. lol. anywho as i said im not here to start a bitchcraft  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:23 pm
and my mistake you were right, it was in england where "witches" were burned  

buttonz is The Best

buttonz is The Best

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:25 pm
wicca and witchcraft for dummies, and wikipedia, were my sources, as well as tradition, passed down from my parents

rmcdra
buttonz is The Best
Not all pagans are Wiccan. Many pagans would find that insulting too.
Quote:

I'm sure how you feel but not everyone wants blessings. If I was to say "peace be with you" to a follower of Aries that would be highly offensive. Also using ritual language casually destroys the meaning of the language in question, thus reducing it to something meaningless.

Quote:
yes i can
Gardnerian and Alexandrian are Wiccan. Does Georian derive from Gardernian tradition because if forest coven existed it was a witchcult but not Wicca since Wicca did not exist before Gardner, unless you would like to provide a document or sources saying that it was.
Quote:

how is the principles the same when coven initiation is a core principle of Wicca?
Quote:

the witches rede

How is this prohibition again? This seems to say you can do what you want.
Quote:

an it harm none,

Why? They are not bound by agape. What if one does accept the consequences then?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:42 pm
buttonz is The Best
wicca and witchcraft for dummies
Haven't read it can you please give details from this book?
Quote:
wikipedia
Not the most reliable source, it's like using an encyclopedia article for a research paper which most university frown upon.

Quote:
as well as tradition, passed down from my parents
Have you been to councilling or called the cops? Child molestation is illegal.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:58 pm
buttonz is The Best
everyome studies wicca diferently, and self initiation, it is possible, so screw you. lol. anywho as i said im not here to start a bitchcraft

No, self-initiation is not possible.
To be initiated is to undergo the ordeals necessary to be accepted into a group. If one is solo, what group is there for an initiation to be taking place? A dedication is possible, sure, but not an initiation.

Also, Wikipedia is a not-so-great source for Wicca since any idiot who can bang on a keyboard can go in there and edit the article to reflect the pop-Pagan vomit that gets called Wicca.

What is the name of this tradition? And how do your folks deal with being oath-breakers for passing along the oath-bound information to a non-proper person?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games