Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:45 am
My trooper starts to look, well, like troopers do...
And got myself a healer chick companion!
User Image
also, got combat droid with space marine mentality, but the healer has double advantage of being more useful and romanceable... but his speeches about fighting for the glory of Republic are second to none!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:21 pm
Companions are useful once you gear them properly... though the droid becomes a pain until around patch 1.2. Anyway ive notice that the Tier trooper armor closely resembles the Ralph Macquirre concept snowtrooper

User Image  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:21 am
Fooooooking spies sapping mah sentry!! D:<  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:57 am
Asmondai
Fooooooking spies sapping mah sentry!! D:<

.....or should I say an Assassin is messing with my gun-servitor? <.<

TF2 is fun. >w< heart

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:26 am
Fallout New Vegas hath been patched to some degree and after receiving some DLC as a belated X-mas gift, we're back in deep. So far we went through Dead Money and Honest Hearts, the first being a damn good piece of DLC with a good story and an interesting angle, the rewards are s**t though. The second, eh, I like where they were trying to go with this and Joshua Graham is a badass, but the quests are horrible, short and the rewards, while nice, are presented to you at the end of the chapter in a chest before you head back to the Mojave. Well, at least I finally have a silenced .45 and a nicely named modified version called "A Light Shining in Darkness" which belonged to the Burning Man himself.

Right now I'm chipping away at the main quests, trying to appease my companions and I dunno, faff about until I'm tired of the side quests, so I can set the gears in motion for the whole House-NCR-Caesar-YESMAN thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:32 pm
Got the Old World Blues DLC yesterday, didn't get too far, but so far, I like it. It has five brains in jars lording over a science facility and one of them, 0, the "scientist-whose-aware-he’s-not-brilliant-or-valued", who is voiced by James Urbaniak, who also voices doctor Thaddeus "Rusty" Venture on the Venture Bros. TV show. Best of all, he doesn't even bother changing his voice for the part, spouting off such wonderful lines as:

"You're always yelling, my receptors can't take it anymore - AND NEITHER CAN MY FEELINGS!"

"Ding...turkey's done."

"The Uncanny Valley Research Center has been canceled until further notice. That is, until somebody notices it."

Now, I'm off to find my heart, spine and.. brain. gonk  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:48 am
Shy of Ulysses's monologue, OWB has the BEST writing of anything in New Vegas. Had more fun with that DLC than any of them.

"Quiver in fear of the Evil Dr. Mobius! Alright...that is all."

Ranking:
OWB
Lonesome Road
Dead Money
Main Game
Honest Hearts

I agree on the thoughts about Joshua Graham, but I really wanted to see how it all played out. My choices as far as the tribes made me feel like a d**k at the end. Dead Money was a quick trip through paranoia with the ******** breathing noises the Ghost People made making me twitchy. The guy's girlfriend at the top of the hotel is what really got to me. Abandoned a decent pile of armor and weapons so I could get out with the gold.

Gold which was then invested at the Gun Runner's Arsenal for a pile of named weapons.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:35 am
"lobotomites! Wash the walking eye!"  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:19 pm
"Look at it, getting its fluids everywhere, putting its feet-penises all over the floor."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:54 am
"You're my teddy bear."  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:15 am
Remind me to find a quiet moment some time next week so we can finish Old World Blues proper. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:22 am
...back from outer space (SWTOR) - hi all!
done trooper to lvl 50, started levelling up a gunslinger... sick DPS!
also, 1.2 is around the corner - gonna have sooooo much fun doing entire imperial family of Chiss! (species unlock FTW!)  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:11 am
I haven't touched a game since.. February. Damn. sweatdrop

However, I have pre-ordered both Diablo III (hello wanking wrist) and Far Cry 3, wibble.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:55 am
Van Evok
...back from outer space (SWTOR) - hi all!
done trooper to lvl 50, started levelling up a gunslinger... sick DPS!
also, 1.2 is around the corner - gonna have sooooo much fun doing entire imperial family of Chiss! (species unlock FTW!)
that is the single feature I look forward to most in 1.2 sadly my Sniper is only 27 good thing you will be able to buy the unlock. I already have unlocked every other update coming with 1.2. I just need to get a Knight and Smuggler past chapter 2 so I can get their buffs on all characters  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:16 am
best small thing ever - the ship butler droid is going to be much less talkative in 1.2 ("shut him up or shut him down!")
also, sprint from level 1, will make starting world clearing twice faster smile
short time speed boost will be available at higher levels, in the BH case animated as jetpack flight smile  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games