Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:49 am

CuAnnan
rosespider13
My guess would be Gauru..... rolleyes

Pity.
While they're much munchier, I much prefer the flavour of the world of the Uratha and where they fit into it.
Gaurdians of the Earth is all well and good, but I found the Garou a little pansieish for my tastes.
The Uratha, at least, are ******** nails. "Protecting the earth is only a secondary result of maintaining the gauntlet. Gaia can kiss my furry a** if she thinks I'm out to protect her".

I only have experience with the Uratha, never did anything with Garou. I did have some time with old school Kindred (and it's vastly preferable to new school, although honestly, vampires are not my interest). See, the one thing I miss was the older Awakened. The whole Atlantis thing pissed me off and it constricted everything into these little useless boxes. And I really didn't like the Watchtowers, which once again trapped people in these archetypes. I could live with the Abyss and Paradox a result of the Tapestry rejecting vulgarity, instead of the consensus rejecting magic with their own latent magic, but the limitations created by the Watchtowers really hurt my view of the Awakened, when before they had all this variety and interesting ways of existing.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:54 am

Recursive Paradox
I only have experience with the Uratha

As long as you ignore the whole "Group Guilt" thing, which is essentially how it's run in the Irish Cam, Forsaken is a lovely system.

Recursive Paradox
I did have some time with old school Kindred (and it's vastly preferable to new school, although honestly, vampires are not my interest).

I disagree. I've played both Masquerade and Requiem.
I prefer Requiem.

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:57 am

TeaDidikai
Then why not insist that Gardner has no claim to the title because he changed elements from the New Forest coven's practices?

My understanding was that Wicca was seprate from the New Forest coven. That Gardner used it as a springboard of sorts. The now Forest Coven retained it's title and it's craft, and that Wicca was something entirely new.

TeaDidikai
And since there are Gardnerians who reject Alex Saunders claim of the title, why not insist that the Alexanderians change their title too?

I know next to nothing about the differences between Alexandrians and Gardnerians. I though the split was due to Saunders belief about allows homosexuals to be initiated. But I'm probably wrong.

TeaDidikai
I don't mind your position, I just see a lot of inconsistencies.

The inconsistances are likely my lack of scholorship on the topic. I really haven't taken the time to study Wicca. I've focused my studies elsewhere when I realized that it was not for me.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:24 pm

CuAnnan
Recursive Paradox
I only have experience with the Uratha

As long as you ignore the whole "Group Guilt" thing, which is essentially how it's run in the Irish Cam, Forsaken is a lovely system.

I really liked how the Gifts were handled too. The whole system just made a lot of sense to me.

Quote:
Recursive Paradox
I did have some time with old school Kindred (and it's vastly preferable to new school, although honestly, vampires are not my interest).

I disagree. I've played both Masquerade and Requiem.
I prefer Requiem.

*shrug* Ever done Mage, Ascension or Awakening?

Recursive Paradox

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:41 pm

Recursive Paradox

~cringe~
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:11 am

Fiddlers Green
Recursive Paradox

~cringe~

They actually were kinda smart in the first edition of it, made it so using magic was ridiculously dangerous.

Recursive Paradox

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Recursive Paradox
They actually were kinda smart in the first edition of it, made it so using magic was ridiculously dangerous.

I took more than a little umbrage at their "consensual reality" model, especially when it was pointedly false in the end. The right conclusion for all the wrong reasons. crying
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:08 am

Fiddlers Green
Recursive Paradox

I took more than a little umbrage at their "consensual reality" model, especially when it was pointedly false in the end. The right conclusion for all the wrong reasons. crying

Oh.

You mean they actually constructed it as false in their storyline? Or that it's utterly wrong about reality? I don't mind things being way off of reality in fiction.

Recursive Paradox

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:37 pm

Ha!

Ha!

Some kid PMed me telling me he was some demon and he has all of these superpowers, and that if he went around telling everyone he'd put them in danger.

So he goes around telling everyone he can't tell them because he'd put them in danger.

And he called me "hun", then said it was because he was 17, and obviously I was younger than him if I didn't believe him. I bet he was under 14.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:33 pm

AniMajor
Ha!

Ha!

Some kid PMed me telling me he was some demon and he has all of these superpowers, and that if he went around telling everyone he'd put them in danger.

So he goes around telling everyone he can't tell them because he'd put them in danger.

And he called me "hun", then said it was because he was 17, and obviously I was younger than him if I didn't believe him. I bet he was under 14.
He sounds cute. Should we call some sort of exorcist?

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:36 pm

Don't wanna do homework! Gah I hate sitting here for 2+ hrs just watching slide shows from the class. emo
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:41 pm

Byaggha
AniMajor
Ha!

Ha!

He sounds cute. Should we call some sort of exorcist?

The cuteness is overshadowed by the crippling persecution complex, the terrible typing, and the strange threats.

Like the one where he says he's going to prove to me he's a true demon by using his computer. I'm not sure if he's going to try and hack me, or he's going to try to expose himself on webcam.

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

buttonz is The Best

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:29 pm

gerald garner and the new forest coven...he was a hero, for reviving wicca after the burning times... and as well dorothy Clutterbuck, but then again, there are any types of wiccan, the gardnerian, Alexandriaqn, Goergian, seax wicca,feri/feary/fairy,reclaiming, Dianic, and eclectic, are many variations of wicca, no one will agree with every one, although the witches rede does say we should all get along. but i do find it fitting, that Gaia (who is a godess) is being discussed on gaiaonline. lol

"Eight words the wiccan rded fulfil"
"an it harm none, do what ye will"

blessed be

Shearaha
TeaDidikai
Then why not insist that Gardner has no claim to the title because he changed elements from the New Forest coven's practices?

My understanding was that Wicca was seprate from the New Forest coven. That Gardner used it as a springboard of sorts. The now Forest Coven retained it's title and it's craft, and that Wicca was something entirely new.

TeaDidikai
And since there are Gardnerians who reject Alex Saunders claim of the title, why not insist that the Alexanderians change their title too?

I know next to nothing about the differences between Alexandrians and Gardnerians. I though the split was due to Saunders belief about allows homosexuals to be initiated. But I'm probably wrong.

TeaDidikai
I don't mind your position, I just see a lot of inconsistencies.

The inconsistances are likely my lack of scholorship on the topic. I really haven't taken the time to study Wicca. I've focused my studies elsewhere when I realized that it was not for me.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:32 pm

there are three things that are the worst thing u could ever say to a witch,

One-- whitelighters

two-- fluffbunnies (this is actually a term to say nicely a noob to wicca)

three--playgan (someone who doesnt take the craft seriously)

buttonz is The Best

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:35 pm

Anyone else see the irony in this?
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games